It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hemopurifier, a small portable device that will filter HIV, Hepatitis-C, Avian flu from the blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
In Popular Science

Aethlon Medical, the maker of the device

H5N1 treatment

I heard about this device for quite some time. I imagined eventually a device like this will be made available. Although I was rather surprised it might be sooner than I thought.

Some quotes

The Food And Drug Administration (FDA) has indicated that the Hemopurifier will be treated as a Class III Medical Device in U.S. regulatory submissions. Pre-clinical human blood studies have documented the effectiveness of the Hemopurifier in capturing HIV (The AIDS Virus), HCV (Hepatitis-C), and Orthopox Viruses related to human Smallpox. The mechanism of capture has been shown to be via the polysaccharide chains that reside on the surface glycoproteins of envelope viruses.

Hemopurifier is presently the only proposed treatment for H5N1 Avian Flu that simultaneously targets the clearance of H5N1 and the modulation of the cytokine storm.

Aethlon is wrapping up safety trials in India and hopes to begin clinical tests in the U.S. by the end of this year.

Why India??

edit to fix thread title

[edit on Thu, 10 Jan 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
In Popular Science

Why India??

[edit on Thu, 10 Jan 08 by Jazzyguy]

*snip*

This is standard practice by Big Pharma in the west,who do most of the dangerous toxic drug testing *in africa*.

They know that chances of getting sued are zero and paying any damages are zero and they can always bribe the local officials anyway.

snip*

I am amazed you don't know this.

Anybody want some some Vioxx?

[edit on 12-1-2008 by esecallum]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
wow so this is how far they are going, why not just use the bob beck devices or mms...its basically better than anything that this thing will do...puhhhhhhhh

but still you know this is great, and if we are able to see it out in a couple of years (1-2) it would help allot of people...but i doubt this will become big news.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by ATSGUY]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Trouble with this device only viruses that flow through it will be filtered.

Static blood or newly released viruses from lymph nodes will then re-populate the cleaned blood....

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum

*snip*Just WOW.

You could use some hemopurifier, methinks.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by buddhasystem]

Mod edit: removed quote and reference to quote

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

May I ask for originals of those alleged internal memo's.

WOW dude - are you kidding...did you really post that?
Anything you say has lost validity due to that insane statement.

Mod edit: removed quote

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The memo's were leaked and you can google them.

BBC Panorama did a hard hitting documentrary about big pharma using Africans to test drugs to save money and avoid death/injury issues of the test subjects.

The ruthless exploitation of the poor and the ignorant and the black.

The black man condemned to be a guinea pig for the white man.

I feel sad.

Sad.

Very sad.

The ultimate aim is to gain confidence to inject more dangerous anti black pathogens to reduce the population of these countries.Remember it is easy to inject anything.Who is going to stop them?

If some white finds a reliable way to kill large numbers of blacks this is the way they will do it.In the pretense of doing drug testing.

The ruthless exploitation of the poor and the ignorant and the black.

The black man condemned to be a guinea pig for the white man.

I wish we whites would stop this.

We have become corrupt.

If you read any psychology literature dealing with whites hating blacks,penis size is a very big issue for whites and their fear of the black man.

Check it yourself in google.

This manifests in whites directing the fear into hostile actions.

www.ahrp.org...

[edit on 12-1-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
I am amazed you don't know this

I have some theories. Maybe FDA regulation is too tight. Maybe clinical trials in India are cheaper. Maybe the owner is an American Indian, and its personal for him. I don't know

I appreciate your reply, but let's not go too far with the India angle. I don't want this thread to be closed.

Trouble with this device only viruses that flow through it will be filtered.

Static blood or newly released viruses from lymph nodes will then re-populate the cleaned blood....

You're right, this device is not perfect, but has a lot of potential. Maybe one day it will be able to clean the lymph nodes somehow, who knows.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Aethlon Medical Confirms Hemopurifier(R) Is a Treatment Candidate Against Swine Flu Virus

SAN DIEGO, April 30, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Aethlon Medical, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: AEMD) confirmed today that the Aethlon Hemopurifier(R) is a candidate to treat the H1N1 Swine flu virus. The Hemopurifier(R) is a first-in-class medical technology that assists the immune response in combating infectious disease through the selective adsorption of circulating viruses and immunosuppressive proteins. In the case of pandemic influenza, the Hemopurifier(R) has previously proven effective in capturing the reconstructed Spanish flu of 1918 virus (1918rv), the H5N1 avian influenza virus (Bird Flu), and would likely capture H1N1 swine flu as the technology selectively captures influenza viruses by hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) glycoproteins that coat the virus, even when influenza mutates to be resistant against drug and vaccine therapies. As an example, H5N1 bird flu virus was documented to be resistant against Tamiflu, the globally stockpiled antiviral treatment for influenza.

Progress is slow, I actually never heard news about this device again since last year.

top topics

join