It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What was at my window?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
First let me state that I have told only three people in my life what I'm about to post. Im not really sure that it belongs here but some research I came across seemed to give an "extra-terrestrial" explanation to what exactly I saw.

I was aprox. 10-12 years old. My parents were out, bowling or something. We had our regular babysitter and the mood was calm, and winding down for the evening (school the next day and all...) I settled into bed but feeling uncomfortable, tossing and turning I just could not get comfortable....so I took my pillow and sheet ( it was summer and warm) and laid down on the floor in front of my bedroom door. In retrospect, this was strange because I had hardwood floors and you would think that would be significantly more uncomfortable that the bed.

I laid there and it felt like I started drifting off... when all of the sudden, my room felt as if it was tilting. Like someone had a crane hooked to the opposite side of the house lifting it in the air. I started sliding from my doorway towards the back of my room where my window was...I'M SLIDING TOWARDS THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!! I was laying on my stomach, so as I'm sliding backwards, towards the window... I turn to look at my window. WHAT IS HAPPENING???

Heres where it gets really weird. As I crane my head to the side and look at the window, there is something standing there!!! It was a giant white rabbit??!? It was standing upright or very tall, as my bedroom widow sill was about five feet from the ground in the backyard and it was standing there...very close to the window with arms out stretched as if waiting for a hug.

It looked like a giant easter bunny!? Doesn't sound scary at all...but it was the single most scary thing I have ever been through, and I have three kids!

Now I know that I'm leaving myself open to get flamed....but I believe that something happened that night that was not a dream because when I screamed (like a little girl) and kicked my feet against the wall underneath my window...I felt the pull stop (gravity?). I want to know. I sat up, half dazed...bright lights??? I know that this sounds like it could have been an abduction experience, but I truly do NOT think I have EVER been "abducted"... so this leaves me wondering, what the....

This is not a joke thread or a hoax. This happened almost 30 years ago and I remember it like it was today. My mother, father and wife are the only people I have told this to...my babysitter subsequently was traumatized by my reaction to what ever I saw... and it scared her so bad, even though we had never given her any trouble and were quite well behaved children, she refused to watch us again. My reaction scared her that bad.

Has anyone else heard of anything like this? Thanks for your time. ~1nL




posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
misunderstanding of context.

sorry about that...

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Incarnated]



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know that this is important to you and that is why I will reply, but no I have no advice for you on the rabbit. Could it have been a Bigfoot or something and in your little child mind that was how you chose to see it?

As for the house tilting, I can only imagine what that could have been.

Some things are of the known, others fall under the category of unknown, and then there is another category and that is of the unknowable.

Have you had many other unknown experiences?



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The poor thing just wanted a hug, it didn't have to get that dramatic




This happened almost 30 years ago and I remember it like it was today.


Interesting story, however, the only problem with your story is that we have the worst memory, our memory deceives us all the time. The human brain is so powerful, it can create whole scenarios that actually never happened, this is what psychologists call confabulation. You don't have to take my word for it, you can do your own research.

Now im not saying that this didn't happen, I just want to be sure, were there any other people you can ask now that might recall anything about this? the baby sitter, parents etc? anyone else in the house etc?

Also, can you draw it for us? maybe someone here will recognize the "thing"!

I still think you should have hugged the bunny though



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Confabulation is a good theory, but why does the mind make up memories that are so vivid, and that we 100 percent sure they actually happened? What purpose does it serve us? I remember quite clearly pushing my older brother down the stairs when I was little, and he broke one of his legs and we had to go to the hospital, but apparently that never happened, according to all of my family. Why do I remember that? What purpose does it have, in a world where nothing is truly meaningless?

My stance on the whole white rabbit thing is this.... the white rabbit was beckoning you to follow it down its hole, to question reality as you've come to understand it. I think the Alice in Wonderland "white rabbit.rabbit hole" theme sticks with people subconsciously because that's what it symbolizes. Maybe you saw a spirit guide, and he wanted to jolt apart your comfortable sense of reality!

Or could've been the Easter Bunny, and maybe he was drunk and tripping on some sort of substance and drunkenly though it was Easter and thought your house was his ex girlfriend's house.



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey 1en1, if my lab chased a shadow critter down my steps into oblivion I'd be the last person on earth to protaganize a sighting of alice's white rabbit.



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I would say rather, that a device was used, that let you see what your mind percived, maybe even pulled the image out of your head, thinking it was the best way to aproache you (for whatever reason). It has been said that flying saucers and such, use an antigravitational device to fly as they do in the planet's atmosphere and lower. Also most accounts mention a wierd very uncomfortable feeling as well.



posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened
 


I don't remember where I read or heard this, but sometimes during alien abductions, that people are given screen memories? Maybe since you were a child the one used on you was a rabbit?

Also, don't ask me why but I also remember reading a story very similar to yours some place else. This is the first time you have shared it anywhere? I'm asking because it's going to drive me nuts looking for it some place else......


edit to add:

I know you said you have only told 3 other people, but I know I have read something similar some place before, so don't think I am picking at you.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I know that this is important to you and that is why I will reply, but no I have no advice for you on the rabbit. Could it have been a Bigfoot or something and in your little child mind that was how you chose to see it?

As for the house tilting, I can only imagine what that could have been.

Some things are of the known, others fall under the category of unknown, and then there is another category and that is of the unknowable.

Have you had many other unknown experiences?


Hello antar, strangely enough, I had already seen what appeared to be a bigfoot, outside a cabin, in a remote part of Canada.

I was 9 years old. It was standing behind a boulder that was about 10 feet off to the side of the cabin.

It was 6:00 am and everyone else was asleep in the cabin. Armed with my lil fishin pole and tackle box...I headed out the cabin door to trot the short distance down the path to the boat dock on the lake, when all of the sudden the hair on the back of my neck stood up and I stopped dead in my tracks.

I turned slowly and there it was, peering at me from behind that boulder. It stood there and stared at me for a good 20 seconds, still mostly hidden behind that boulder. Then, never taking its eyes off of me, it slowly stood up and lumbered into the woods about 10 feet from the boulder. It was huge and I bolted into the cabin and woke everyone up to tell them. My mother tried to reassure me that I had just probably seen a bear. It was not a bear. And I could see the worry in her eyes, she knew I was telling the truth.

Since you asked I thought I would share that, and to answer your last question.....YES.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSonic
The poor thing just wanted a hug, it didn't have to get that dramatic




This happened almost 30 years ago and I remember it like it was today.


Interesting story, however, the only problem with your story is that we have the worst memory, our memory deceives us all the time. The human brain is so powerful, it can create whole scenarios that actually never happened, this is what psychologists call confabulation. You don't have to take my word for it, you can do your own research.

Now im not saying that this didn't happen, I just want to be sure, were there any other people you can ask now that might recall anything about this? the baby sitter, parents etc? anyone else in the house etc?

Also, can you draw it for us? maybe someone here will recognize the "thing"!

I still think you should have hugged the bunny though



To answer your question about anyone else being able to recall anything about the incident, the answer is most definitely yes. When we were children, we never knew why our regular babysitter was replaced. Years later..while recounting the incident to my parents, my mother got that strange worried look of hers again, to which she replied : "We never told you why Pattie never sat for you kids again. On that evening, she called us in hysterics and couldn't get three straight words out, something...happened... to..... Sean..... we raced home and when we got there we calmed her down enough
to talk." So, you see I never knew why, she never sat for us again until my parents told me much later in life. Thanks for your post.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
Confabulation is a good theory, but why does the mind make up memories that are so vivid, and that we 100 percent sure they actually happened? What purpose does it serve us? I remember quite clearly pushing my older brother down the stairs when I was little, and he broke one of his legs and we had to go to the hospital, but apparently that never happened, according to all of my family. Why do I remember that? What purpose does it have, in a world where nothing is truly meaningless?

My stance on the whole white rabbit thing is this.... the white rabbit was beckoning you to follow it down its hole, to question reality as you've come to understand it. I think the Alice in Wonderland "white rabbit.rabbit hole" theme sticks with people subconsciously because that's what it symbolizes. Maybe you saw a spirit guide, and he wanted to jolt apart your comfortable sense of reality!

Or could've been the Easter Bunny, and maybe he was drunk and tripping on some sort of substance and drunkenly though it was Easter and thought your house was his ex girlfriend's house.


Heh! As far as the Alice in Wonderland theory, to this very day I have not seen that movie in its entirety. I didn't like it as a child, and certainly don't as an adult. Even as a child, I didn't play with dolls unless it was to rip their heads off...(sorry sis)...or have an affinity for rabbits or anything cute and cuddly. I was a rough and tumble, snakes, snails and puppy dog tails kind of boy, so why a rabbit or bunny?

That I believe is the crux of the mystery. Thanks for your post.



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by THIseNdsnowoldKings
I would say rather, that a device was used, that let you see what your mind percived, maybe even pulled the image out of your head, thinking it was the best way to aproache you (for whatever reason). It has been said that flying saucers and such, use an antigravitational device to fly as they do in the planet's atmosphere and lower. Also most accounts mention a wierd very uncomfortable feeling as well.


I believe I have heard something of this myself. Thats why I posted this here and not hired a psychologist. I am a rational person, I do not now, or ever have for that matter, question my sanity. I am comfortable in the knowledge that I am level headed and do not need anyone to necessarily validate my experience, because I WAS THERE. I EXPERIENCED IT!

Instead what Im looking for are other accounts of this type of phenom, and I remember years ago hearing something about aliens, possibly appearing to children, in different forms. Thanks for your post it sounds simular to what I have read. If you can cite any sources I would appreciate it very much.



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by 1nL1ghtened
 


I don't remember where I read or heard this, but sometimes during alien abductions, that people are given screen memories? Maybe since you were a child the one used on you was a rabbit?

Also, don't ask me why but I also remember reading a story very similar to yours some place else. This is the first time you have shared it anywhere? I'm asking because it's going to drive me nuts looking for it some place else......


edit to add:

I know you said you have only told 3 other people, but I know I have read something similar some place before, so don't think I am picking at you.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Enthralled Fan]


Hi Enthralled, I have not told this to anyone (while conscious) or read any accounts anywhere, that are simular to mine. That is until I received a U2U and another member, who saw the same thing as a child. If you could find the other account, please let me know as I would be interested in reading it.

Thanks for your reply.



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am SOOO happy that I clicked on this thread. Something VERY similar happened when I was young. Around the age of 5 I was living at my grandmothers with my mom. I remember one morning waking quite early. When I opened my eyes I saw a huge rabbit ( Just like the Easter bunny ) hunching over the bed staring down at me. It didnt scare me because at the time I believed in it! It then backed away from the bed and walked out into the hallway and was gone.

Ive told that story to many people over the years.. and used it in defense when my parents eventually told me they Easter bunny didnt exist LOL

I just thought Id share my experience with you. Now they can think were both crazy


PS. Im 26 now, so were talking 21 years ago. About how long ago was your experience? Maybe ET's were using that image around the same time frame to mask there appearance to kids.. Think about it... 4- 5ft tall... White ... BIG ALMOND EYES...



posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Triton1128
 


Very interesting. It was 28-29 years ago. Thank you for your reply. As for our particular sightings or experiences...we are not alone, there are others.

One interesting side note I would like to interject here upon further contemplation...is, I think my reason for the sheer terror I experienced was the fact that I KNEW what I was seeing was a facade... it was something other than a rabbit. Your post made me realize that. You were not afraid, you were younger and thought there really was an Easter Bunny. I on the other hand was much older, around 10...and KNEW there was no such thing as an Easter Bunny...hence my fright. Thank you soo much for your post Triton1128!!

I feel like I'm getting some great input here and appreciate everyones involvement!!
Thank you all.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 11-1-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]



posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I settled into bed but feeling uncomfortable, tossing and turning I just could not get comfortable....so I took my pillow and sheet ( it was summer and warm) and laid down on the floor in front of my bedroom door. In retrospect, this was strange because I had hardwood floors and you would think that would be significantly more uncomfortable that the bed.

I laid there and it felt like I started drifting off... when all of the sudden, my room felt as if it was tilting. Like someone had a crane hooked to the opposite side of the house lifting it in the air. I started sliding from my doorway towards the back of my room where my window was...I'M SLIDING TOWARDS THE WINDOW!!!!!!!!!!! I was laying on my stomach, so as I'm sliding backwards, towards the window... I turn to look at my window. WHAT IS HAPPENING???


Interesting account. Though I'm not eager to dismiss a paranormal explanation, if I had to postulate a prosaic one, it would hinge on the two parts I bolded in your quote.

Since you were already in bed, one explanation might be that you actually were asleep and started dreaming about the time you imagined getting out of bed to sleep near the door. You, yourself describe it as strange (bold is mine).

Then, with no need to have a transition which would break up the illusion of reality, you sequed right into the feeling of sliding, and then seeing the image of a rabbit.

Later, though you feel sure emotionally it was not a dream, your explanation:


something happened that night that was not a dream because when I screamed (like a little girl) and kicked my feet against the wall underneath my window...I felt the pull stop (gravity?). I want to know. I sat up, half dazed...bright lights???


...sounds like, at the same time you have the strong feeling it's not, your description seems to describe what could be you waking up.

Again, I'm not saying this is the solution, just my impression of one explanation.

If you were dreaming, then everything after the strange urge to sleep on the hard floor needs no further explaining. Otherwise you have to account for both the gravitational effects AND the appearance of the rabbit, AND the lack of any subsequent action (another indication that it was a waking dream - nothing actually happened as a result of the incident.)

In the intervening years it became even more 'real' to you and now any doubts have faded.

The question remains with you, though. Only you can decide what is more probable, a 'waking dream', or hypnopompia, or you were actually visited by a large white rabbit (or screen memory).

I might add, it's intriguing that someone else would describe a similar dream.


Thanks for posting!



posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I know EXACTLY what you saw...



I apologize to OP and others, I could not resist.


However, I have had a similar experience with the odd feeling, need to sleep on the ground, and tilting of the room... when I was 9, was at grand parents. Could not sleep. Slept on floor. When the floor tilted, or so I perceived, I was pulled along CARPET like it was slick tile. I stopped when I hit the Sofa. I was under covers and afraid to make so much as a noise. I quickly fell asleep and forgot about it mostly. Its come back to me now in then, in memory, but this thread reminded me of it. Thought I would share.

Ho Rayman Rabbits though



posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01
 


Badge, thank you for your reply. While I am a rational person, of sound mind and body...it is completely possible that it was all a dream. I have found that I am a light sleeper, and I do not dream much ever...or if I do, I do not recall them. Keeping that in mind, I have had lucid dreams before, that were just as real as where we sit now. The difference is...I KNEW it was a dream, regardless of the realism, even surrealism. Usually while in the dream state...if things get crazy...my mind seems to have a built in surge protector. In other words, I (my inner voice) tell myself that it is just a dream, and I usually wake up.

Anything is possible. That is a truth. As long as we stay grounded...answers will follow.



posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe
 


Interesting account. Great picture too by the way. (made me lol :lol
There is more to life than meets the eye. I think we tend to try and rationalize things away that we do not understand or comprehend. We try to label it, categorize it, or deny it happened at all.


All these methods are what we call coping mechanisms. Different people have different ways of coping with things our rational minds cannot except.

Some different coping mechanisms are...

Humor- trying to laugh it off or away, make jokes about it.

Anger- lashing out or putting up walls.

Substance Abuse- speaks for itself, tries to cover a wound or fill a void.

Denial- refusing to accept reality, covering it up and burying it in your sub-conscience.

IMHO its time people wake up. Face their fears and deny deception.

[edit on 13-1-2008 by 1nL1ghtened]



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join