It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a bigger purpose to animals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I am wondering if there is a bigger purpose for animals to be here? Are they et's, to observe us? Is it punishment for souls? Or something else monitoring us?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hehe..

They are here as a source of food, especially protein. They are here to create a balance in nature. Without animals, the grasses and trees will over grow and seeds will not be dispersed properly. Soils will not be healthy due to lack of waste products from the animals. The soil will literally be dead. So, if its dead, vegetations and trees will eventually die.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I am wondering if there is a bigger purpose for animals to be here?

Do not forget you are one to.
(The reader)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
animals have many reasons to be here just like us there is no specific reason for them just that they are here like we are here. except they're helping the planet while we destroy it and them and ourselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone
Hehe..

They are here as a source of food, especially protein. They are here to create a balance in nature. Without animals, the grasses and trees will over grow and seeds will not be dispersed properly. Soils will not be healthy due to lack of waste products from the animals. The soil will literally be dead. So, if its dead, vegetations and trees will eventually die.

I understand that, and that of course is one of the main reasons. However, I am glad to put this in Skunk Works, I am just wondering if there are more to them than just that?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

they're helping the planet

Can you please give me an example of how animals are in anyway shape or form helping the planet.....

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i believe that pets are guides that help us through life. the help us make desisiions about things. animals are very important to our souls and spirituality.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I understand that, and that of course is one of the main reasons. However, I am glad to put this in Skunk Works, I am just wondering if there are more to them than just that?

Well for dogs and cats they are here to provide us joy and companionship, cuddling them and squeezing them for their cuteness. Animals are sometimes strange. They seem to know what you are feeling. Sometimes when they look at you straight in the eyes giving you a cute blink, you know what they want. They want to have some of what you are eating. lol. Its funny, your mind seems to communicate with their minds without any verbal communication.

Sometimes when I watch TV, my cat jumps on my lap, gives me a kiss before cuddling up on my lap. He also wakes me up in the morning by going up my study table finding the TV remote and shoving it till it drops on the floor waking me up suddenly, telling me its time to wake up to feed him breakfast. Weird. I didn't train him to do that. What intelligence!

Anyway, this goes to show that animals are intelligent. Even weirder is that before an earthquake strikes, they are unusually uneasy and quiet for no reason at all. They don't respond to you the way they usually do and they find one safe corner and sit still. Then, boom the earthquake strikes.

I'm sure many of us have heard of strange animal stories. I feel there's more to them than meets the eye.

If you want to see weird animals that look like aliens, I suggest looking deep in the oceans. You've got some really weird looking fellows down there. We don't know much about the deep oceans. We know more the surface of the moon than our oceans. I believe many secrets lie beneath the deepest part.

www.bogleech.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

they're helping the planet

Can you please give me an example of how animals are in anyway shape or form helping the planet.....

They're part of evolution - nature has something to experiment with (uh oh, the 'e' word!).

They're part of the food chain.

They give humans companionships (pets, hunting dogs, etc etc)

They give humans something else to study - the flight of birds gave us airplanes, if you're stranded in the desert you'll find out where water is by watching animal behavior etc etc

That's just a few off the top of my head, I'm sure there's many others

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I am wondering if there is a bigger purpose for animals to be here? Are they et's, to observe us? Is it punishment for souls? Or something else monitoring us?

kinda like my thread...............the imperfections of humans....i see what your saying

i mean the last big thing that went bandy was a Dodo........yet man eats every thing in sight ...like a lowcost...locost........

but still we let live wat lives.......hmmm.........

its a brilliant question

there not ETs though cos there not extra terestrial

Edit: w/e

[edit on 15-1-2008 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
They're just trying to survive just like every other living thing.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Ever seen the lion king?

Circle of life ring a bell?

Maybe you should watch Planet Earth a little bit more, If you haven't noticed the connection between animals and the earth you are completely blind.

I will give you one for example...

Bee's
Simple creatures yes
Pollination of plants to help create oxygen for the earth, they do that.

Want more.....
To bad
Come up with your own, and maybe learn some more about our complex ecosystem and how we are all interconnected whether we like it or not.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Animals are key. They give us entertainment, food, protection as well as the...opposite of protection. They are our helpers and our guinea pigs. They're even our clothing. They can also be a warning. See all the animals go one way probably a good bet to follow them and not go the other way(think birds and mice are the best for this)

They are part of the circle of life, just as we are. I'd personally prefer to have a dog as my only companion after dealing with some people out there. I don't think there is anything extra-special about them though. They are, We are.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amitheone

Well for dogs and cats they are here to provide us joy and companionship, cuddling them and squeezing them for their cuteness. Animals are sometimes strange. They seem to know what you are feeling. Sometimes when they look at you straight in the eyes giving you a cute blink, you know what they want. They want to have some of what you are eating. lol. Its funny, your mind seems to communicate with their minds without any verbal communication.

Sometimes when I watch TV, my cat jumps on my lap, gives me a kiss before cuddling up on my lap. He also wakes me up in the morning by going up my study table finding the TV remote and shoving it till it drops on the floor waking me up suddenly, telling me its time to wake up to feed him breakfast. Weird. I didn't train him to do that. What intelligence!

Anyway, this goes to show that animals are intelligent. Even weirder is that before an earthquake strikes, they are unusually uneasy and quiet for no reason at all. They don't respond to you the way they usually do and they find one safe corner and sit still. Then, boom the earthquake strikes.

I'm sure many of us have heard of strange animal stories. I feel there's more to them than meets the eye.

If you want to see weird animals that look like aliens, I suggest looking deep in the oceans. You've got some really weird looking fellows down there. We don't know much about the deep oceans. We know more the surface of the moon than our oceans. I believe many secrets lie beneath the deepest part.

www.bogleech.com...

haha its so funny you say this, because thats something my cat does ALL the time when he wants attention. He'll jump on my dresser and knock off my remote, OR if im watching TV he'll sit RIGHT in front of it.

Cats and dogs can definitly sense emotion, somehow they can pick up on our vibes we give off.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The most wonderful thing is that they will be around long after the human race is turned to dust and forgotten!

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jca2005

I doubt my cat and my dog are scrutinizing me scientifically...If he could do that they wouldn't end up in the pound which is where I got both my cat and my dog..

top topics

join