It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! The re-count is on!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's not about the recount!

It's a chain of custody issue.

Dennis Kucinich may be walking into a trap!

"We have no control over the ballot chain of custody and we have learned the pain from the 2004 Nader recount, in which only 11 districts were counted, chosen by a highly questionable person, and then nothing showed up. Now all we hear is how the Nader recount validated the machines."

As Tobi says, "A candidate asking for a recount may well be a tool used to 'prove' everything was okay and then that candidate will be further discredited."

I'll go further than that. The only way a recount makes any sense at all in New Hampshire is AFTER an assessment is made of the chain of custody issues. If the chain of custody isn't intact the recount won't be worth a cup of warm spit.
Source | OpEdNews | Recount - Is Dennis Kucinich walking into a trap?

The above excerpt comes from an article posted by Bev Harris.

Bev Harris is executive director of Black Box Voting, Inc. an advocacy group committed to restoring citizen oversight to elections.

The vote results were fraudulent and the recount may be as well!

We're screwed...

[edit on 11-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah Dennis!!!
We've been screwed here in MI- but i understand Dennis is still on our Ballot (besides Hill). He was just who I planned on voting for! Otherwise I'm throwing a loop to the Repugs and voting for Paul just to keep it fun.
I refuse to vote for Hill, because she has proven to be in step with this Admins Agenda (the Corporate Agenda). Obama made the mistake of following her lead and Edwards was either ignorant or arrogant enough to think the Patriot Act was even slightly legal.
I laugh when the MSM and their pundits say the Dems are thrilled with their candidates - really or is this another example of Them telling US how it's gonna be?
And those who scream about their 'experience' are really admitting their culpablity to the corruption that has gone on for the last 40 years!
I hope my state gives both parties the finger!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I think it's great that Kucinich is driving this. Obama as well as Ron Paul could stand to benefit, IMO. It's at least strange that Obama lost in NH and also that Ron Paul showed so poorly. While I don't think Paul has a real chance, I'd love to see Obama and Kucinich on one ticket.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Given the controversy over the past few elections I think it's a great idea to do a recount, in fact I would almost suggest that a recount or two be mandatory for such an important election. Even if the recount turns up nothing new then it still served to further the common citizen's trust in the electoral system.

However, the issue of the chain of custody is significant since the PTB may have pulled the old switch-a-roo on the ballots

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Athough I love the thought of "fair" politics, what exactly is having a recount going to prove? Paul won't gain anything from it and neither will any other of the lower candidates. If anything it would majorly affect the two front runners after New Hampshire, Clinton and McCain. I just wonder why so many people on ATS endorse a Republican candidate? After whats happened the last years with this Republican president why would we want another one in office? All I have seen and heard from republican's, this includes Mr. Paul, is a ton of Religious bable and false promises. A democrat will win this election, so how bout we on ATS start trying to back a candidate that might actually win and also has close views and values to people with a wide variety of ideas. Obama or Clinton will win the first Black or the first woman president ever. An just as a note of the New Hampshire primary, Huckabee doesn't even believe in evolution and he finished ahead of Mr. Paul and most other folish Republicans: my point; if he's one of the front runners for republicans they've got no chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
Athough I love the thought of "fair" politics, what exactly is having a recount going to prove? Paul won't gain anything from it ...

How about if the vote wasn't rigged, Paul would have the numbers that were thrown to McCain.

Now Paul would be in his rightful place as the front runner in NH.

Think that would make a difference?

BTW, what's wrong with a fair and open political process?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I looked into Ron Pauls face and seen a man ready to throw in the towel. The opposition he faces from the media is daunting and taking its toll on the guy. You could see it in the debate when he spoke.

Now thompson has said he was not that interested in being president and throws out that slippery attitude where he stands in the debate. I think he really does not care and the powers forging the debates script him to stay on till just before elections.

Kucinich I hope pulls the recount through its process and uncovers corruption. That will be a wake up call to voters; possibly, since mankind has been lulled into a gentle spell of not caring enough to do something.

Now for my final thought. Kucinich and Paul ranked in either direction together would be a total plus for this nation.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the news update Black Fox.

I'm glad to see at least one honest politician running for the White House.

When will Kucinich and Paul rally together to finish what they've started?

REVOLUTION

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is an extreme waste of money to look into something that does not really mean anything ot begin with. The loss of manpower and money spent could go towards better education in this country or heatlcare or to secure our borders.

This is like having a review of a race finish in the Special Olympics..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
I don't blame Dr. Paul for declining after that question about a lot of his believers and support base are "9/11 Truthers." I personally don't believe the 9/11 conspiracies but it's really neither here nor there in the debate, and he made that known with his response. It was a clear swipe at his character and his supporters. I took exception to the question and I'm not one of those supporters referenced. I've been trying to sway my family over to Paul, but to no avail, they have bitten into the information provided to them from the mainstream media hook, line, and sinker.

I thought that was ridiculous and pointless to ask him that sort of question. They were trying to corner him, trying to make him into a loony bin. Clumping all Ron Paul supporters as "nuts". They would ask all the other candidates what they thought about certain isssues, but would totally ignore paul, whilst they asked him questions like the above.

Also, when they were doing the "who won the debate" with all the Thompson supporters, notice how the fat, clearly balding idiot (the guy who also pointed out how when paul spoke he had the most negative "Read out") asked if it was right to include Dr. Paul in the Fox debate tonight?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
as much as i am happy to hear this news and hope for a honest recount, i still stand by the fact that the election is completely fixed, rigged,manipulated and that the recount will change nothing.

This is Hilary's election.

I hate the cow, but she will win.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

You're surprised that Fred Thompson supporters would think that Ron Paul lost? It's only Ron Paul supporters who ever think anything other than that.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
This is an extreme waste of money to look into something that does not really mean anything ot begin with. The loss of manpower and money spent could go towards better education in this country or heatlcare or to secure our borders.

This is like having a review of a race finish in the Special Olympics..

I'm confused, are you talking about the War on Iraq?

We're talking about rigging the vote in AMERICA to favor special interests.

Doesn't that matter to you?

Seriously, who's side are you on?

Don't you care about fair elections?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavlovsdog

Originally posted by kindred
What I find worrying is that as far as the British press is concerned, he doesn't exist. I've seen no mention of his name whatsoever in the British tabloids, which is bizarre considering how popular he supposedly is on the internet.

Even stranger still - he's not in the press here Stateside either. It's very odd that a candidate can raise so much money on the internet and yet receive almost no major news coverage.

From the above statements I see that people STILL do not actually believe that the media is completely controlled.

I would think that the above statements show PROOF POSITIVE that all our media IS IN FACT controlled and far from honest or truthful. Its sad and scary at the same time but a fact none the less...........
...........just LOOK around folks.
Its slapping us all in the face.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
Yes, I like Kucinich, too. In fact, I really love him, I thinkhe has integrity, intelligence and courage. He's the best of all the candidates, IMO, but has the least amount of coverage, unfortunately. Our country could be restored to greatness if he were prez, but well, it's a longshot. Still, I'm not giving up on him.

Yes, he is the best of all candidates. I really believe that he is the only way things will ever be straightened up in this country.

TPTB have done all they can to grant him as little exposure as they can because, truth be known, they are scared sh****ss of him.

However, the size of his following is bigger than many know...which is just as likely to be made known as it is for him to receive fair coverage. It's just not going to happen.

There are many of us who WILL NOT vote for the lesser of two evils this time around as we saw where that went the last time, and are fully ready to write his name in regardless.

TPTB and the MSM can only decide for the rest of us who is electable and who is not, if we allow them to have that power, which does not rightfully belong to them.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by ShadowEyes]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
There is no problem at all with fair politics, I'm just saying that in this case I don't think there will be a big difference after the recount. It's just gonna be a waste of money to give Obama another 1%. I won't even humor a proposal of Ron Paul over taking McCain after the recount, thats not only laughable but it's impossible. To recount votes and to have a 35% swing I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lokey13
There is no problem at all with fair politics, I'm just saying that in this case I don't think there will be a big difference after the recount. It's just gonna be a waste of money to give Obama another 1%. I won't even humor a proposal of Ron Paul over taking McCain after the recount, thats not only laughable but it's impossible. To recount votes and to have a 35% swing I don't think so.

Without a thorough and impartial examination of the chain of custody issue, among other things, I'm afraid your regrettably nearsighted assertion may be true.

Which should, IMHO, in no way be construed as having been an affirmation of anything but an ability on the part of the hidden manipulators to cover their tracks and once again screw the American people out of their constitutional right to select their own public servants.

But the only ones laughing will be the elite and their sycophantic lackeys.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"Good for him! Man I really like that guy, I wish he had a bigger following. If the rumors are true about a Paul/Kucinich ticket I am running to the polls. They really would be a great team and most if not all of my concerns with this country are represented between the 2 of them.
I wonder if Kucinich asking for the recount was a political move to save Ron Paul from any backlash, like say poor loser type BS.
Also those crazy "Paulites" are taken out of the mix (I am very proud to be a member of the Paulite club, Thank you very much) less chance that the media can do a smear campaign."

Wow, a Kucinich/Paul ticket.... with that we would get Uniform health car for all from cradle to grave and do away with the Federal Reserve scam and IRS

Hey you got a Liberal Democrat ready to Vote Kucinich - Paul 08' !!!!

Liberty Dollars! backed by metal not debt...it's nuts how the Federal Reserve, which is neither Federal, or has a reserve...a private company of international private bankers who loan money to our treasury at interest and then take money from the people via the IRS to pay the interest and re loan even more...in 1914 real dollars a current federal reserve one dollar note is worth about 4 cents....

More than 50,000,000 don't have health care, another 100,000,000 or so don't have adequate care, or have been suckered into a really crappy policy by crooked insurance brokers...our health care system is worse than any other civilized western nation...it's time for a change, a real change.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The point is ALL voting should be done with hand counted paper ballots.

As citizens we should demand COMPLETE AND TOTAL TRANSPARENCY in our election processes.

These machines are undermining voter confidence and the fact that there use is being insisted upon by our election officials only serves to fuel suspicion.

Hand counted paper ballots NOW!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I am no statistician, so I’d appreciate comments.

From checkthevotes.com...
They break NH precincts into 3 categories:

Small 1500votes

Paul beats Giuliani by ‘Hand Count’ percentage total in all three types of precincts.
Paul also beats Giuliani by Machine count percentage total in the Small

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join