It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! The re-count is on!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Great news!
Only shame is Ron Paul should have signed on for this.
Either way its good to see someone demanding a re-count.

(Dennis4President)-Kucinich asks for New Hampshire recount in the interest of election integrity
DETROIT, MI – Democratic Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich, the most outspoken advocate in the Presidential field and in Congress for election integrity, paper-ballot elections, and campaign finance reform, has sent a letter to the New Hampshire Secretary of State asking for a recount of Tuesday’s election because of “unexplained disparities between hand-counted ballots and machine-counted ballots.”

www.dennis4president.com...

Ful story here
www.dennis4president.com...

MOD EDIT: Fixed Caps in title.

[edit on 1/11/2008 by thelibra]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Good for him! Man I really like that guy, I wish he had a bigger following. If the rumors are true about a Paul/Kucinich ticket I am running to the polls. They really would be a great team and most if not all of my concerns with this country are represented between the 2 of them.
I wonder if Kucinich asking for the recount was a political move to save Ron Paul from any backlash, like say poor loser type BS.
Also those crazy "Paulites" are taken out of the mix (I am very proud to be a member of the Paulite club, Thank you very much) less chance that the media can do a smear campaign.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Yes, I like Kucinich, too. In fact, I really love him, I thinkhe has integrity, intelligence and courage. He's the best of all the candidates, IMO, but has the least amount of coverage, unfortunately. Our country could be restored to greatness if he were prez, but well, it's a longshot. Still, I'm not giving up on him.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hopefully this is more successful than his call for impeachment. I hope they actually do a recount, but how will he ensure that the recount is honest? It would be great if they uncover the corruption BEFORE the election this time.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Agreed. And really, in all honesty, I don't hold much hope for an honest count, recount, etc.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
good this will be a fun event

i think MCcain and Hillary will lose votes and many others will gain (i.e Paul, Obama)

it probably won't be mainstream media news buy ya never know

in reality i would bet money that the more the illusion of democracy is revealed to be just that, the more authoritarian the gov't would become

and i think at some level people realize this, lie to me i promise i'll believe lie to me. there are plans for this country and the world, and there are certain people needed to carry out these plans and they will i'm afraid.

there will be world gov't by consent or conquest -Paul Warburg

and this gov't will be controlled by banking , corporate, and occult intrests.

p.s regarding ron paul and fox "news" did anyone see the segment right after the debates, when they had a room full of mostly thompson fans, with a bit of debate that showed this was not unamimous but then when asked who the loser of the debate's were everyone in the room said Ron Paul. Very weird. But i did not watch anything but the last few minutes and wonder how unbiased this opinion was.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I must admit I like what Ron Paul has to say. What I find worrying is that as far as the British press is concerned, he doesn't exist. I've seen no mention of his name whatsoever in the British tabloids, which is bizarre considering how popular he supposedly is on the internet.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Yeah that's for true, I only ever hear about Ron Paul from the internet. Clinton and Obama are all over our papers though.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
What I find worrying is that as far as the British press is concerned, he doesn't exist. I've seen no mention of his name whatsoever in the British tabloids, which is bizarre considering how popular he supposedly is on the internet.

Even stranger still - he's not in the press here Stateside either. It's very odd that a candidate can raise so much money on the internet and yet receive almost no major news coverage.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
I must admit I like what Ron Paul has to say. What I find worrying is that as far as the British press is concerned, he doesn't exist. I've seen no mention of his name whatsoever in the British tabloids, which is bizarre considering how popular he supposedly is on the internet.

alot of the british press is owned by the guy who owns fox and we all know they have an agenda against him..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am not familiar with the voting system use in NH, are they a mix of ballots and voting machine?

Then who can the counting be fair if the voting machines will keep the numbers that where program into them by fraud.

Can somebody explain to me?

BTW because I believe that elections in our nation are fixed any way, the two only candidates to win the primaries will be McCain and Hillary. Why? because they will serve the masters just like the Bush administration have done.

BTW I do not endorse any of them

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's good to see someone demanding a recount. However, I would encourage the Kucinich camp to enlist the aid of the mainstream media as well. Knowing how these things go if there is even a recount it will take weeks, possibly months and the momentum gained by Clinton will have already served its purpose.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I think that the NH electronic voting equipment is the one which has the paper back up, the voter "blacks in the lines" on the ballot in the booth and slides them into the electronic reader before they leave.

I haven't seen where they were using the paperless touchscreens.

They should have all the ballots for a recount.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks for the explanation, I hope that the issue of fraud could be proved.

If this show what we are to expect on the general elections then we are heading for big trouble.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cpdaman

p.s regarding ron paul and fox "news" did anyone see the segment right after the debates, when they had a room full of mostly thompson fans, with a bit of debate that showed this was not unamimous but then when asked who the loser of the debate's were everyone in the room said Ron Paul. Very weird. But i did not watch anything but the last few minutes and wonder how unbiased this opinion was.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by cpdaman]

Yeah saw that , it felt scripted. I am not saying Ron won (He did kick some GOP butt) but no way should an entire room say Fred did. My take is that Fred has stated that he's dropping after SC if he doesnt score big. The Powers that be probably dont want a 5 man GOP race so early, so they have to breath electronic life into the poor guy. (A five man race makes it harder to inflate rudy and huck IMO)

Fred actually used a line about meeting 100 virgins in the Iran Navy (Non) event. It got laughs but man people accuse Paul of racism! Bottom line at the end of FOX's Ron Paul hatchet show he won their cell text poll handily, so after hours of pathetic and pointed dumping on the guy that number was standing right in their face.

One last thing people are suggesting a small donation to Kucinich'$ camp. I think the situation warrants it.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by scrapple]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Kucinich has called for a recount, but has it really begun?

If it's not in the MSM, except for slanted reports from Faux "News," do you really think it's going to happen?

I must admit my heart skipped a beat when I saw the title to this thread, but I don't see how, yet, "it's on" at this time.

I'm afraid the signs of "the fix" in this "election" are already apparent, and it's so firmly in place, the PTB don't even care if we notice.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yes,its really on,although fom my current understanding,this is only going to happen for the Democratic side of things,so seeing as Ron Paul has no spine to call for a re-count,his poll numbers will not be reviewed.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Why aren't they doing a recount for both sides?

If there's a question of improprieties in the voting process, one would think a general recount would, and should, be conducted.

This whole situation stinks, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

I wondered this as well. Democratic side only? What happens when the Dems prove there were problems - Paul steps in and says all clear, now do me?

And a question I had about last nights FOX GOP show. All the candidates had live after-interviews. Fox stated Paul declined, and maybe he did being satisfied with his performance, but either way it’s strange.

Stand up and speak the truth any opportunity you get. Hell they were bashing you with the tapes anyhow.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't blame Dr. Paul for declining after that question about a lot of his believers and support base are "9/11 Truthers." I personally don't believe the 9/11 conspiracies but it's really neither here nor there in the debate, and he made that known with his response. It was a clear swipe at his character and his supporters. I took exception to the question and I'm not one of those supporters referenced. I've been trying to sway my family over to Paul, but to no avail, they have bitten into the information provided to them from the mainstream media hook, line, and sinker.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join