It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the CLoverfield monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Does anyone have any thought or idea what type of monster is in this movie?

as cheesy as it sounds it still looks like a cool, improv-ished kinda movie

the effects, etc look alright, just curious if anyone has speculation and or possible pic or idea

thanks

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

concerning your question i would say that this is the funniest speculation:
You Tube Cloverfield Monster

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gkgoten100

youtube always crashes my comp, dammit

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

sorry about that, but i have another which is not a joke but an actual possibility, although it is just speculation from another you tube user but he does make some good points.
www.youtube.com...

again, sorry for the you tube stuff

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
s221.photobucket.com... ion=view¤t=monster.flv

this is a supposed video, enhanced and cleaned up, of part of the monster

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

thanks gkgoten

i wiki the movie title and the director/writer? got the idea of an american monster whilst in japan with his son

i was at first thinking it was something alien and/or paranormal

changes the whole aspect now that i read its a monster and saw that vid, thanks

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

excellent find, star for you,

looks like godzilla to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here's a review for ya, i dont thinks its too spoilerish (as there are no pics and it does not describe the monster in detail) but it gives the movie a great review........

www.aintitcool.com...

spikeD

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Not bad man, just read the review spikedmilk not bad at all, Sooo cant wait for this movie to come out, got to wait til February 1st but cause I stay in the UK.

Its gonna be worth the wait, I know it.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
just found a video with the actual monster in =) i know its been out a few days now in america but here it is anyways
www.youtube.com...

enjoy!

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The monster was described as "an outraged behemoth" in this article ... and sounds very intriguing.

source

Behemoth (Hebrew בהמות, behemot; Arabic بهيموث bahīmūth, or بهموت bahamūt) is a creature mentioned in the Book of Job.
The word is most likely a plural form of בהמה (bəhēmāh), meaning beast or large animal. It may be an example of pluralis excellentiae, a Hebrew method of expressing greatness by pluralizing a noun; it thus indicates that Behemoth is the largest and most powerful animal.

Behemoth

Cloverfield arrives this weekend at our base theatre. yay!

[edit on 22-1-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I saw the movie yesterday and it's really well done. The creature is pretty amazing and the movie keeps you riveted. The "first person" cinematography really puts the viewer into the action and emotion of the storyline.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I really liked that even after seeing the monster a few times you still didn't know what it really looked like.

I enjoyed the film a lot.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Yea this movie was good...I'm not gonna spoil anything but the monster looks nothing like godzilla...well except they are similar in size

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
**** SPOILER ALERT****

The monster from Cloverfield is from earth. It's origin is not known. If/when you watch the movie, after the black out there is a news report on and if you read the ticker, it states that a satellite crashed out of orbit hitting the base of the ocean near New York city. This disturbance caused the plates to shift awakening the creature that lay dormant.

At least thats the story I heard.

All in all a good movie.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The creature has a horse-head, a human looking torso, and long double jointed spider-like or crab like extensible legs.

There are red valves that open on the sides of the head. It looks to be about 1-2 city blocks long.

Search tinypic and you'll find a .gif of it.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainObvious
**** SPOILER ALERT****

The monster from Cloverfield is from earth. It's origin is not known. If/when you watch the movie, after the black out there is a news report on and if you read the ticker, it states that a satellite crashed out of orbit hitting the base of the ocean near New York city. This disturbance caused the plates to shift awakening the creature that lay dormant.

At least thats the story I heard.

All in all a good movie.

Or, you can go see the movie and watch an object fall from space into the ocean near Coney Island in the last scene of the movie. That scene takes place in late April, whereas the rest of the movie takes place in mid May.

The satellite story was a cover up. The "ARG" for the movie even names a company, Taguro, or something close to that.

Personally, I think it's better that it's something from space and not something "awakened" here on Earth. This way they never really have to explain what it was, or how strong it was, or why it was so strong. It just is, and we've all got to accept it.

Also, at the end of the movie is a sound clip. It's been recorded (or leaked depending on who you talk to) and when played backwards you can hear Rob say "it's still alive." However, there isn't an context as to where or more importantly when he said it.

As for the monster, it was the most original "kaiju" design I've seen in a while. I was really hoping they didn't go the Godzilla style route and they didn't. This thing looks more like something from the depths of hell than from the Toho studios.

[edit on 26-1-2008 by The Big O]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I may be in the minority, but I thought the movie was boring, and the monster derivative.

Here's a link to an animated gif if you care to look:

Cloverfield vidcap on tinypic

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
I thought the ... monster derivative.

Derivative of what? The only thing I can think of is maybe the Kraken from Clash of the Titans, but even that is a stretch.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain
Yea this movie was good...I'm not gonna spoil anything but the monster looks nothing like godzilla...well except they are similar in size

Actually, Clovey(as the monster is affectionately called by some of us fans) is about 200 feet taller.

The tallest godzilla ever made was 334 ft. tall, and Clovey measures in at a whopping 500 feet. Or so said his Wiki page, until it was edited. -_-

new topics

top topics

join