It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul literature ranted against blacks, gays

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ron Paul literature ranted against blacks, gays

www.cnn.com

A series of newsletters in the name of GOP presidential hopeful Ron Paul contain several racist remarks -- including one that says order was restored to Los Angeles after the 1992 riots when blacks went "to pick up their welfare checks."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
double post....sorry

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Jeff Riff]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ouch. This could definitely hurt his campaign. I dunno if it's true, or maybe just taken out of proportion... but I have heard about his "racist right wing radical christian" agendas before. Whether they are true or not is another story. I wish I could believe in Ron Paul, but those pictures of him throwing the horns just gave me the creeps, and the whole Alex Jones push for him for president, and everything about his campaign has looked very shiny and cool on the outside, but it gives me a very bad feeling on the inside.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is retracted and phony. The author of the piece is a notorious scammer who has absolutely no proof of what he gossips about. He says in the article that there is no evidence linking Ron Paul to any of it: The paper had used Pauls name at the top of some pages that contanied articles that were racist. Paul had NO knowledge about any of it. It is all far right wing nonsense meant to hurt Paul before the lie is found out.

This is the grossest form of trash writing and Republican lies.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

None of the newsletters CNN found says who wrote them, but each was published under Paul's name between his stints as a U.S. congressman from Texas.

www.cnn.com...

Is it hard to post a newsletter in someones name like this? Anyone know?

I dont think he wrote these things or gave permission, imo.... Just another smear campaign, actually quite surprising he got a headline on cnn as his name seems to be snubbed out everywhere else.....

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
its crazy that stuff like this gets front page attention. I am shocked at what candidates are getting away with when it comes to smearing others. THere was a report on 20/20 last friday showing how each campaign has people that just sit there ALL DAY and try to dig up dirt on others.... its sad when you know your policy is that bad.

join