It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hello ATS members. I am a new member to ATS but have been a frequent to the site for a few years. I would like to share my UFO sighting story one which I had never reported (which I regret). My sighting occurred in the fall of 2002 when I was a sophomore in high school. I live in Winthrop Harbor Illinois, a small town about 80 miles north of Chicago and right next to Lake Michigan. My story goes like this, I was returning from a friends house at 2:45 in the morning. I recall this time because I had snuck out of the house to go there. I was leaving and was fairly tired on the way home. I pulled onto the main road of my subdivision at approximately 3:00 (I was watching the time bc I was hoping my parents didn't discover that I was missing). As I pulled down the street I approached my stop sign and noticed a bright white light on the opposite side of my street above the cauldesac. It was intensely bright and low. So I slowed my car down and stopped about 20 yards in front of the stop sign to watch it. As I did this the light swooped around over the top of my car and came on the left side of my car, about 30 yards off the road and it hovered over a duplex 2 stories in the air. At this point I was pretty shook up and was dumbfounded at what I was observing. I turned my music down and rolled the window down. It was making this ssshhhhhh sound which almost sounded like air. It wasn't very loud and the people in the duplex probably couldn't hear it. I felt like I was watching it for an eternity but really it probably hovered and glided past my car for 5 to 10 seconds. As it glided past my car it slowly started to accelerate towards the main road. As I was watching it off the side of my car I couldn't see the shape or outline of the vehicle. The luminous light seemed to be masking the shape. It was when it flew away from car that I would see the shape of the vehicle. The shape was very flat and looked like a typical oval saucer shape. It was also very small in size. The length was a little bit larger than a pickup truck. The light was on the front of it. I thought a split second about following it but was pretty freaked out so I turned the corner, sped down my street and told my parents. What I witnessed was not a plane or helicopter. I have often tried to rationalize that it was a government vehicle but really why would a topsecret government vehicle be hovering over a subdivision in Winthrop Harbor Illinois at 3 in the A.M.? I am convinced that it was extraterrestrial in origin. Some possible explanations for an extraterrestrial craft in my town was that the bordering town, Zion, has a nuclear powerplant. Also, maybe the vehicle was a USO from the lake. My final reason is that it was a scout for abduction. I say scout because 2 weeks after my sighting my oldest sister was driving down the main road where the craft I witnessed accelerated towards and she witness a large craft hovering over a treeline with multicolored lights circulating around it. She said it had dipped below the treeline. She told me that the lights on it were nothing like she had ever seen on a plane. At the time she was driving with my youngest neice close to midnight and was creeped out. Another startling coincidence is that during that same month my parents both woke up to a bright blue light that filled their bed room. They looked out the window and saw nothing and heard nothing. This experience has left me with a profound curiousity and belief in UFOs. I wish I had proof in photos and I also wish I had someone to share my experience with at the time but regretfully I do not. Thanks for reading. God Bless

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow! What an experience and welcome to ATS. I'm just next door in Indy...you guys get all the good ones! Couldn't have been easy, however, to carry that on your shoulders all these years.

Are you at all familiar with the Illinois Triangle UFO Sighting (by multiple police officers) on Jan. 5, 2000? Always been a favorite of mine. Seems to be quite a bit of activity in Illinois over the past 10 years.

www.ufoevidence.org...

I hope that you find the answers that you are looking for.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Great story!! Might want to break up your story into paragraphs though

It's a little hard for the ol' eyes

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Thank you for the welcome. It hasn't been a smooth transition in my life. I've informed my friends and family but I've never had the oppurtunity to share it with like-minded individuals. It's liberating to know that I'm not alone in my experience and journey for explanation. It has been traumatic at times but it's a blessing but also a curse and I feel that it happened for a reason. Sorry about the absence of paragraphs. I got caught up and wanted to fit all the text in one post. If you have any questions please ask. I'd be more than happy to reply. God bless

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesinthesky
Hello ATS members. I am a new member to ATS but have been a frequent to the site for a few years. I would like to share my UFO sighting story one which I had never reported (which I regret). My sighting occurred in the fall of 2002 ....

Why wait over five years to register with ATS, one place people would of tried to explain the sighting, and understand the event?

top topics

join