It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Situation Room - Ron Paul Answers on Racist Newsletters...WATCH THIS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Originally posted by Dr Love
Ron Paul's a threat to power

I like Ron Paul, but....a threat to who exactly?
I honestly don't think any of the PTB are shaking in their boots because of Paul, let's not get carried away here.

(otherwise they would have kicked him out of Congress long ago)

As far as the timing of all of this. Well, these aren't exactly new and he's denied it in the past. Now that's he's running for leader of one of the most powerful nations on Earth, this would bound to pop up again. The only timing surprise is that it took so long to resurface.

If he is not a threat then why is the MEDIA smearing him? Not another candidate but the media. Clinton is a criminal, no matter how you slice it. Do you read about her and Bill's huge ass death list or about their Arkansas realestate scams. No. How about Ron Paul being excluded from debates even though he had 10% over Guliani's 2% and ALSO raised more money than ANY OTHER CANDIDATE, Gulianai is in but they keep RP out. Nothing weird there.

These are facts, he is a threat. Do you think RP is gonna let them sensor your internet next year or tax it? They have big plans for America( and Mexico and Canada) and RP has only big plans for AMERICANS, not illegals, not terrorist nation sending students to the US for training. Open your F****** EYES!!! Or else you deserve everything that is about to happen to America. You are going to be explaining to the next generation, your children, why the world is so F****** up, you had a Founding Father running for office and you elected (insert member of CFR here) instead. It will be a long time before the history books are correct with all the lies and BS we are fed, but when they are, the world will know exactly who's fault is was.

VOTE FOR FREEDOM!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
The timing of this is odd,Dr.Paul has clearly got someone neverous enough to try and discredit him..

I agree Mr. Mike.

And if you look at Dr.Paul and what he proposes if he becomes "The Man", alot of corrupt people will be out of a job, and alot more people will have a much lighter wallet. Doing away with the IRS/income tax, chipping away at the military industrial complex, closing bases on foreign lands (we cannot afford it). Against the "war on drugs". This all translates into smaller government, which means less control over our people. Ron Paul is going against "the grain", and people are starting to get nervous because Dr. Paul is a threat to big government, and is starting to gain some momentum.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by West Coast]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Who exactly was the target audience for that sort of thing by the way?
What made the people of the Ron Paul newsletter think that articles exclaiming hate for Jews, blacks, and desires to have homosexuals quarantined was something his supporters wanted to read?

Clearly someone in charge believed this to be the case.

Originally posted by dj05544
I can guess the media's next try at it...
"Ron Paul Eats Puppies"

You guys keep saying this as if it were made up or something. Even people claiming to have worked on the newsletter have said he endorsed this. Now while I don't know if this is true or not, at the very least he was amazingly and deeply asleep at the wheel to not know this was going on AND has no family or friends that read his newsletter.

None of you either acknowledge this or explain the near impossibility of something like this happening. You mean no one noticed this? Come on...that is just denial.

If this sort of thing had been done by any of the other candidates it would be brought to light just the same. Similar things have happened to Giuliani and he too has cried "hit squad".

Doesn't mean it didn't actually happen.

Vote for him if you choose (I don't even care) but don't act as if this was a fabricated event.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dj05544
Its gonna take more than some racist remarks for me to switch from Ron Paul to someone else-

Out of curiosity, what would it take?

Maybe some of the things in his newsletter don't offend or target certain people I understand this. Also it would take a little empathy to understand how others would be very hurt by the things he said. Of course thats brushed off with the "Oh you're PC" excuse. As if anything hateful should not be offensive anymore.

I'm just curious if there is a line for some people out there that shouldn't be crossed.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dark_matter06
If he is not a threat then why is the MEDIA smearing him? Not another candidate but the media.

What other media besides this decades old report is smearing him??
Other candidates have poked fun of him, but the media could care less about him.

How about Ron Paul being excluded from debates even though he had 10% over Guliani's 2%

What are you talking about??
Guliani is still one of the leading candidates NATIONWIDE. That 2% stuff was only in New Hampshire

Ron Paul is still no where near the top candidates, that's why he was excluded in a couple of the debates. For the most part he has been in every one. Why aren't you talking about the other candidates who were also excluded?

and ALSO raised more money than ANY OTHER CANDIDATE, Gulianai is in but they keep RP out. Nothing weird there.

The amount of money one raises does NOT always mean that candidate has a ton of support nationally.
Also, you need to seriously check your sources. Ron Paul has set a couple records for money raised in one day but he is still WELL short of the other candidates as far as total money raised.

(The rest of your post is just ranting to no one in particular....)

Your passion is great, you just need to base your stuff on facts and not what your head is telling you.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I hate to disrespect you "ThatsJustWeird," but you seem to be like so many other people who would let the T.V. do the research for them. Does that make you an idiot? I would have to say, "Yes!"

On the other hand, as a benefit of doubt, maybe you are just playing the Devil's Advocate and you really don't mean the comments that you have written. So here are some facts...

Ron Paul raised 10 million dollars in two days. There are about 78 websites devoted to Ron Paul, such as www.RonPaul2008.com, which may confirm the following information regarding the $10 million.

1. Six million dollars was raised in one day followed by an addition of $4 million dollars the next.
2. The average donation was approximately $100. (When you do the math, that MONEY represents 100,000 people.)
3. There were nearly 30,000 first time contributors during this particular fund raiser.
4. This money was raised from people who only know of Ron Paul through the internet. (Because, as we all know, the non-biased, no spin, fair and balanced, news media is not doing a damned thing to promote or even acknowledge the fact that 18 people "were" running for president, including Ron Paul. Also, if you use money to determine front runners, look at Hillary Clinton who raised $90 million in which the average donation was $2000 per person, maybe. After doing the math, that is 45,000 supporters. No wonder why Obama won Iowa... But that's another story.)

So, how do you determine a leading candidate?
Votes.
Until people start making their decisions on the ballot, there is no REAL determination of top-tier, front runners. (Maybe that's how Huckabee won Iowa to everyone's surprise... I bet that you did not see that one coming! )

And finally, why does the news media "not" educate the public about ALL of the proposals of the presidential candidates? Is it more important for the news media to report about past indiscretions while ignoring present concerns of the candidates? (Turn off the T.V. and you will begin to become smarter.)

To become the President in America, the Constitution states that you must be:
1. United States Natural Born American.
2. At least 35 years of age.
3. A resident within the United States for the last 10 years prior to candidacy.

THAT IS ALL! NO OTHER QUALIFICATION IS NECESSARY! FRONT RUNNER MATTERS NOT! PAST INDESCRETIONS MATTERS NOT!

These are the facts. If you support Ron Paul, then support those who choose not to have the facts about Ron Paul. By doing this act alone, you would respect other people's Personal Liberty... something that Ron Paul is fighting for.

In conclusion...

Wake up,

Get on board, and

Vote Ron Paul 2008!

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Our Law]

[edit on 13-1-2008 by Our Law]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Our Law...
I have not disputed nor disagree with anything in your post and you have not disputed anything in my post.
I'm extremely confused as to why you mentioned my name.

In conclusion....

What the ( ) are you talking about? lol
Seriously though, could you please be more specific in what you are disagreeing with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join