It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Situation Room - Ron Paul Answers on Racist Newsletters...WATCH THIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
CNN Situation Room

Blitzer Interviews Ron Paul regarding the Racist propoganda that neo-cons has surfaced and that Tucker gave a push to market.

Ron Paul addresses the allegations BEAUTIFULLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Part1:

Part2:

Everything that he says is true no matter who says what!
Because every message that he gives is the furthest thing from racism!

[edit on 10-1-2008 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
lol what he's saying is true, but he does go on a bit. All he really had to say was "no i didn't write those things, it's clearly just a part of the obvious smear campaign against me"

i'm sure that would open more viewers' eyes.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Nooooooooooo!
Ron Paul is evil and he hates people of color. He wants to kill your first born. You have to believe the media not what the record shows or what he says.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
he did ramble a bit, but i completely understand that he was just doing everything he could to make it clear that he wasn't directly responsible for those comments.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
He really stumped blitzer. Everyone is racist.

I wonder how racist the church that obama belongs too is. Hannity tried to bring light on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wasn't David Gergen the guy who melted down on Alex Jones for crashing the Bohemian Grove party? Gergen would get destroyed in a head-to-head with Ron Paul. He'd predictably start snickering and making odd facial contortions because he'd be getting his arse handed to him so bad.

Ron Paul's a threat to power, so he's a threat to the people David Gergen works for. Do the accusations against Paul really come as any surprise? When Paul first became a Congressman 'they' knew he was a potential threat, so the destruction of his credibility began.

This is how 'they' do things folks! 'They' always have an ace up 'their' sleeve.

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Who is this Ron Paul again? Wait he's running for President?

Just kidding.

Look I haven't been able to watch the vid's but I suspect he is saying the same thing I've already read him state before. "They were in my official newsletter but I didn't write them and was unaware of them till later".

While this may be in fact true, I have to say for someone with their eyes on public office it is completely irresponsible to NOT know what is being published under your official banner. Are you telling me his life is so insular that no one let him know that this was happening? No fan of his newsletter wrote in, no family or friend tapped him on the shoulder and said "Hey Ron, did you read this?"

Did he ever write a correction, retraction or openly clarify the issue or did he just say "meh...whatever". Who wrote those hate filled newsletters and did he fire that person?

If I had a Lee Anoma newsletter and it was run by staff writers I would be a fool not to friggin' READ it from time to time.

Ron is naively irresponsible at best, or a bigot at worst.
Either way if he ever became President I'd hope he'd be a bit more alert.

"No, no, it was my secretary that wrote the letter to China demanding a nuclear showdown at high-noon. She used our stationary. I just thought the thing would blow over so I let it ride."

Plus side? Ron finally gets the airtime his fans claim he never receives.

Originally posted by andy1033
Everyone is racist.

That's your way of supporting him? Look you don't know EVERYONE and you certainly don't know me so please keep your sweeping generalizations confined to the people in YOUR life. Don't brand me anything.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
When Paul first became a Congressman 'they' knew he was a potential threat, so the destruction of his credibility began.

Maybe not at first but apparently at some point during his political career. Not so much the destruction of but more the ability to, if/when required.

This is how 'they' do things folks! 'They' always have an ace up 'their' sleeve.

No doubt. If you know where the fertile soil lies, it makes it easier to find and dig up dirt.

Right, wrong, or indifferent ...

He's now a racist in the eyes and minds of a helluva lot of Joe Q. Publics, especially for a Large percentage of those previously unaware as to who Ron Paul was. They ARE now. They saw it on the sNewz or red it in the paper... it must be true. :shk:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Fair enough, but let me ask you something, do you find anything odd about this coming to light now? Do you find it odd that one of his African-American/minority constituents didn't bring this to light in any of his re-election campaigns? Do you find it odd that Ron Paul doesn't seem like the kind of person who would let loose with such racial bombs?

I live in Texas and have been to Ron Paul's Congressional district. I can tell you for a fact that it's not "lilly-white".

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Someone claiming to have worked for Ron Paul posted this on a blog reporting on the Ron Paul address on CNN. They seem to have quite a bit of detailed infromation:

Eric Dondero Says:
January 10th, 2008 at 9:43 pm

Here are the cold hard facts: Who wrote the Newsletters?

Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell. From what I witnessed in my 12 years working for Ron, I’d say maybe 40% came from him in the way of scribbles (and I literally do mean scribbles) on a yellow pad, that was then faxed to his office staff in South Houston for editing and publication.

I’d estimate that the rest – 50 to 60% was written by Lew. But when I say Lew I also mean his staff of Interns, which during that period included most prominently Jeff Tucker and Mark Thornton of Auburn Univ. in Alabama.

It was my general impression that Thornton wrote the bulk of the heavy economic stuff, Tucker the political stuff, Lew crime and race relations, Ron Paul anti-Israel/foreign policy. As to the Production Team:

In the 1980s Nadia Hayes was Newsletter Publisher. Her assistant was Jean McCiver. Both lived in South Houston/Clear Lake area. The office was located on 1120 Nasa Rd. 1, Suite 1...
Third Party Watch-blog

He goes on into even further details.

Very interesting if true. Like I said, he's either very irresponsible/negligent or simply a very angry bigot.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity
He's now a racist in the eyes and minds of a helluva lot of Joe Q. Publics, especially for a Large percentage of those previously unaware as to who Ron Paul was. They ARE now. They saw it on the sNewz or red it in the paper... it must be true. :shk:

Great point!

And that folks, is all it takes. Even if it's a lie it will take so much time for the dust to settle that it will be a moot point. The media is the ultimate tool for the PTB.

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by lee anoma

Fair enough, but let me ask you something, do you find anything odd about this coming to light now? Do you find it odd that one of his African-American/minority constituents didn't bring this to light in any of his re-election campaigns? Do you find it odd that Ron Paul doesn't seem like the kind of person who would let loose with such racial bombs?

The timing?

Certainly Doc, I have no doubt it was done to tarnish him. If he was viewed as a threat, however small or simply someone desired to have him pushed aside this would definitely work in their favor. That does not negate the fact that he should be responsible for what was published under his name or at the very least issued and apology or correction.

Did he do this?

As to the other questions...honestly I don't know why certain people on his campaign did not bring this up since I'm not sure who knew about it. I personally know very little about Ron Paul so whatever he really is means little to me. I think the sentiments in his newsletter are offensive to me and I am sure some of the people I know that are directly targeted in those sentiments.

I was just commenting on the issue of the newsletters themselves. I have no agenda in helping to undermine his campaign as the media seems to be doing a great job of neglecting him and OTHERS from coverage. It's not just Ron Paul that's not getting airtime.

I live in Texas and have been to Ron Paul's Congressional district. I can tell you for a fact that it's not "lilly-white".

I have no idea what that means but okay.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The timing of this is odd,Dr.Paul has clearly got someone neverous enough to try and discredit him..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The economic scourge which is the FED, the shackles of an unapportioned direct tax, our indentured servitude to corporate power are surely as great a sin as racism.

They dont excuse however a 73 year old Texan who may be a flaming closet Klansman. Yet, I still personally fail to see how his stated positions fit an active plan to subjugate specific groups of americans?

Does he hold a secret pathetic hatred - break out the equipment we have for testing mens/women's souls. But after a period of national scrutiny this crap has to be put to bed on way or the other. Its already gotten more MS airtime than the questionable ratification of the Sixteenth Amendment.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
no one states if these newsletters are in fact valid and were even distributed.

could have been just some crazy guy on a typewriter banging stuff out.

abovetopsecret is the best site ever because like our jury system, i know these forums are the best chance of finding and validating great or hoax material.

i smell hoax/smear. how many copies were found? 20 copies feverishly found/news send out on the news wire...seems like a planted/hoax/smear - we're coming down to the wire in south carolina primaries. ron paul takes a significant chunk of indy voters. those indy voters could really help another candidate out.

look up what mccain went thru in primaries against w. bad stuff.

and ron paul is right, gahndi is awesome!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Ron Paul's a threat to power

I like Ron Paul, but....a threat to who exactly?
I honestly don't think any of the PTB are shaking in their boots because of Paul, let's not get carried away here.

(otherwise they would have kicked him out of Congress long ago)

As far as the timing of all of this. Well, these aren't exactly new and he's denied it in the past. Now that's he's running for leader of one of the most powerful nations on Earth, this would bound to pop up again. The only timing surprise is that it took so long to resurface.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Its gonna take more than some racist remarks for me to switch from Ron Paul to someone else- The fact is- his ideas are new and exciting and now the public is catching their view of him for the first time with this slander racist remark stuff. Clearly, people will google Ron Paul- and theres bound to be someone who likes what he stands for and switches their vote and by someone I mean alot of people.

I can guess the media's next try at it...
"Ron Paul Eats Puppies"

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here is good old David Gergen the scumbag. Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.
DavidGergen Bohemian

Ron Paul is the only candidate that is consistently for states rights and the constitution so he's got my vote. Then that vote will eventually be given to another candidate through fraud but that aside he still has my vote.

Give em hell Ron!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatsJustWeird

You have to see it from another point of view. Yes, the PTB don't see HIM as a threat to their PRESIDENCY. That isn't really the issue. The PTB see his IDEAS as a threat to the PUBLIC IGNORANCE that they kind of need to keep pulling the same crap.

The four steps for dealing with political adversaries are:
1) Ignore him.
2) Attack him.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Another good reason why Ron Paul would be a good President is that he doesn't stutter under pressure. Thats it right there. Hes not afraid to fight.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join