It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albright: Bush 'One of the Worst Presidencies' in History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Albright: Bush 'One of the Worst Presidencies' in History

www.businessandmedia.org

“This is a purely practical point here, and I think there’s a lot of work to be done” Albright said. “And I think the judgment is that this is one of the worst presidencies we’ve had and people will wonder what it is that the role of the vice president is.”
One of the areas Albright saw that the office of the presidency needed to improve upon was the diplomacy of “global warming, climate change and energy issues.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
newsbusters.org
www.bmivault.org
newsbusters.org

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I agree with her statement, but not necessarily for the reasons mentioned.

All politicians lie, its how they get elected. For lying, I cannot be mad at George Dubya as he is not the only liar in Washington.

However, for starting several illegal wars I can certainly find him at fault.

Cheney is even worse, but I won't get into bashing anytime soon.

The problem with Albright is that she supports Hilldog for Prez, another version of Bush (probably worse...Did you see her crocodile tears
).

Nearly seven years out office, former Secretary of State Madeline Albright pulls no punches bashing the Bush administration’s handling of certain issues – calling it one of America’s “worst presidencies.”

“The final big set of issues has to do with that bundle of global warming, climate change, and energy issues,” Albright said. “Now if you look at those issues, it doesn’t take a brain surgeon to know that they are the kind of issues that require international cooperation, which means the next president has to have a different style – has to have the capability of dealing with other countries and being interested actually, in what their national interest is and in listening.”

www.businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Come on, I want to hear some Republican responses stating how Bill Clinton or Jimmy Carter were the worst Presidents ever.

I do not think Kerry would have done a better job, far from it...He would have been taken advantage of by the likes of Gingrich and Mrs. Clinton anyway.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Can't disagree with her on the following point:

The Bush/Cheney presidency will definitely go down in history as the worst, ever...

...that is, and thanks to this presidency, for the limited amount of history we may have left.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Only time will tell if a Clinton/runningmate Presidency will be worse.

Arguably, that flip-flopping emotionless hag would run this country into the ground faster than Bush or Cheney.

However, they've set up quite a precedent for economic and social turmoil. She'll have to try real hard, and who knows, she'll probably succeed in destroying the world.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

The elites are playing "good-cop/bad-cop" with us.

We've had eight years of the "bad-cop" and now, in the coming "elections" Hitlery will look like the "good-cop," compared to her opposition.

End result: MOTS.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I think it is difficult to judge who was the best or worst among Presidents because the circumstances are so different. I also think most judgements about politicians are based almost entirely on ideology rather than the persons capability. For example, I totally hated Bill Clinton and still do but that is mostly because I am opposed to his liberal ideology. He seemed to do OK as an executive and a manager but I still hated him. I remember Jimmy Carter as a total failure as a President both ideologically and as the person running the government. I blame him for the rise of Iran and all of the trouble it has caused because he was such a total and complete "wimp" during the hostage crises. Sure he got the 51 Americans home safely but at what cost to the US and to the world?? (sorry, I am getting off topic.)

Anyway, I would rate Jimmy Carter as the worst President in the last 50 years or so but I can't say if he was the worst ever. I know that millions of people hate President Bush with a passion and will decry him as the worst President and the most evil person of all time - but I am not so sure history will judge him that way. He had a great national tragedy and crises dumped on him early in his presidency. Sure he has made a lot of mistakes and made a lot of people angry, but at least he didn't roll over and let our enemies humiliate us like Jimmy Carter did.

Now that I have said all this I fully expect to be excoriated by a whole flock of ATS Bush haters but at least I tried to answer your question.

join