It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is lifes biggest mystery?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It might be an oxymoron but i personally think that Death is life's biggest mystery. Is there anything that humans know any little about? It is virtually impossible to know what happens to you when you die, unless you come back, which is also a matter of opinion.

Is there anything more mysterious than death? It may be the one thing that humans will never figure out.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think the biggest mystery in life is "LIFE" itself......

What purpose do WE serve. Appearanlty to destroy this planet. Why are some born into wealth living extravagant lifestyles, while others are born into and live in desparity untlii they cease living ? Yes death is the "ultimate" mystery. But for myself I ask "why life" ??

As a Christian I believe in some sense tha God has a "plan" for us all, but it is our free will and reliance to seek his word that we are to achieve what He has for us. Again, why are some (i.e. in desolate countries) born into NEVER having a chance to succeed ?? I don't know.

As a Christian we are taught to spread the teachings of Christ, and not ask questions of at all. Just to believe. That in turn for some creates a paradox as in "how can one believe what he cannot see or hear" ???

To answer your question though, again as a Christian, DEATH is met with either a positive outcome or a negative.....and it's how we live our LIVES that will determine this.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by _DISAVOWED_

agreed. why i'm even here is a mystery to me. like really... what the hell am i even doing... i sure is hell don't know, i guess i just do what society tells me but i know thats now how its SUPPOSED to be and i know theres more to it then that.

death is also one of the big mysterys.. something i think about often(no not suicide, don't get worried).. like, death is so important because we basically live to die but no one will ever be able to report back what happens after you pass over...well hopefully no one will be able to report something like that back..that will be when we've taken science to far

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roland Deschain

like, death is so important because we basically live to die but no one will ever be able to report back what happens after you pass over...well hopefully no one will be able to report something like that back..that will be when we've taken science to far

I concurr. Somethings are not meant to be investigated in my opinion. Does the movie "Flatliners" ring a bell ?? Anyways, what if you live your life 100 times over untill you "get it right" ?? Re-incarnation into your same life, body, etc. but different eras ?? Maybe re-incarnation into a body completely different but with the same "life" objective ?? Oh man, Re-incarnation as a bovine as believed in Hindu doctrines ???

[edit on 10-1-2008 by _DISAVOWED_]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by _DISAVOWED_

What purpose do WE serve. Appearanlty to destroy this planet. Why are some born into wealth living extravagant lifestyles, while others are born into and live in desparity untlii they cease living ? Yes death is the "ultimate" mystery. But for myself I ask "why life" ??

Here's a thought I've been kicking around lately. Life is apparently all about absorbing and ordering energy. Life is anti-entropy. There's a constant push and pull in the universe between chaos and order. Entropy and life.

Another interesting thing about life is that it contains consciousness, even on a tiny, cellular level. And we know from quantum physics that conscious is necessary to create reality from virtuality by observing it. Okay? We create things all the time by thinking and observing and imagining. That's how it works. We not only create our present, but by doing so we also create our past and future, since there can't be a present without those things. We work ahead and backwards in time with consciousness.

Ultimately, then, we are part of a huge push by life to absorb and order everything in the universe by consciousness. We're actually doing a good job right now. In a few hundred billion years, we may ultimately all be part of a huge, single, ordering consciousness, which will then have the natural power to create the entire universe from the beginning, including the life -- the DNA -- from which it springs in the past.

Not "God" exactly, but with some of the same characteristics. A massive consciousness, evolving forward and backward in time as it absorbs and orders the universe's energy, creating the universe from virtuality at the beginning of time. And we're all individually a small part of it because we think and imagine and collapse the quantum wave function that allows reality to exist.

Just a thought. Pretty hard to prove. Maybe one of these days I'll build a religion around it. Make some money.

top topics

join