It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Tetsuo, it's been over 20 years since I took the test, but the recruiter can tell you. If it isn't high enough, just request to retake the test. I'm sure they could use more MP's right now, considering Iraq and anything else they may have planned for the future.

I'm not sure I'd recommend the MP corps, though. There are otehr MOS's that will afford you an opportunity to learn something that will translate into more money in the civilian sector. Aviation, for example. A/C mechanics can get jobs all over the nation, and if you want to travel, corps. like DynCorp have openings in interesting places such as Columbia. There you can make good contacts (CIA, etc.) for other interesting jobs.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I think the the British Troops based in Iraq are better trained than the U.S troops.

I agree, but this is a very random topic to be posting it in

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
All of the militaries in the US give a test. Actually you go and take the test before you even join, it's called ASVAB. I'm not sure what all of the letters stand for but the AB in the end is apptitude battery if memory serves me well.(usually it doesn't
)

It isn't an IQ test, but it is close. I know to join MENSA a certain military test prior to some date in the late 70's or early 80's was accepted, but not the ASVAB of my time, 1983. I knew I need to take another IQ test to join.

The ASVAB is given so that you can be qualified for certain jobs. Certian jobs need a certain level of smarts before you can get it. I wasn't excluded from the Army because of it and mine was decently high. Lets put it this way. You needed a score of 110 to go to language school and I think there were a few jobs that needed a 115 and I qualified easily for all of them.

They may have taken me anyhow because I was crazy enough to join
My cousin was in the USMC and his is about what mine is, but a bit lower that's why he joined Uncle Sam's Misguided Children instead of the Army. Seriously though the Air Force probably has lots of geniuses in it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I got a 99 overall, im absolutley sure the asvab is not an intelligence test now.

Armed Services Vocatinal Battery Aptitude test (or something like that)

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I took the ASVAB and was about to take the army physical. They never mentioned anything about that. Then again, I doubt they would until i was gung ho.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Quest, did you make this up. You've got to be kidding, right? What organization in their right mind would limit their personnel resources only to the stupid? How would we win. I can't believe you believed that.

The only test we take is the ASVAB, and it tells us where we would be most successful vocationally in the military. The military doesn't use IQ tests anymore because they're socio-economically biased and the results inconclusive due to the high diversity within the ranks.

Anyway, I gotta tell ya, there are some winners out there. The standards aren't too high, but they would never turn away a really smart guy. They'd put him in intelligence. (No, probably more like computer programming).

DeltaChaos

P.S. There's also the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB), Flight Aptitude Test (FAT), not to mislead you to think that the ASVAB is the only test we take, just the first.

Carry on.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Other way around. You can be too dumb to be in the army. The don't test IQ, they test asvab. You can score 1-99 (because its based on %). No cap there.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Most folks that can reach ATS are sitting in front of the
most incredible information resource ever invented. The
start of this forum involves a simple visit to a recruiting
office for a real answer.

www.goarmy.com...

www.goarmy.com...

I like grankor's comment :
"Other way around. You can be too dumb to be in the army. The don't test IQ,
they test asvab. You can score 1-99 (because its based on %). No cap there. "

And your attitude can keep you out as well. Wonder how the recruiter would
view an avatar of an accused pedophile ??

/\/ight\/\/ing

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
When I was a H.S. Junior, recruiters for all branches wanted me because I was in the top Five percent of all the people who took the ASVAB. The Navy in particular wanted me to be in a Nuclear Research division. Sadly, my memory does not serve me well enough to recall the specifics. This was all of two years ago. I am 100% sure that your source of this information is quite the conspiracy theorist. I would advise you to consider that intelligence is not an indicator of gullibilty, wisdom, or, more importantly, susceptibility for mind control. Consider the theory of UHF waves permeating the ground (Designed to be a communications system in the event of nuclear disaster, etc. Which makes perfect sense if you have a basic knowledge of RF as UHF waves move around hard objects, which is why city PDs, FDs, EMS Providers, etc. use the range. ) is said to aid in mind control. This means that the RF does the controlling. Intelligence plays no role in this then does it?

P.S. My cousin is a MP in the Marines. Absolutely loves it and is Scheduled to go to Iraq in June.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join