It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
yeah, sorry if I came on strong. Take no offense.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I take no offence what so ever. I am just glad my question could be answered. Though all this talk about IQ reminds me of someone...Marilyn vos Savant, of course, the worlds smartest person.

I wonder what she would have to say about aliens...she has never revealed her thoughts on such a topic, mostly people are always badgering her about religion and such. I would like to hear if she believes in aliens and other goverment conspiracies like underground bases.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
I never took an Asvab in Highschool. I doubt you took it either. It stands for Armed Services Vocational Board. Actaully I can't remember the b in it. I think it was board.
'

"The ASVAB is a nationally normed multiaptitude test battery developed and maintained by the Department of Defense. Over half of all high schools nationwide participate in ASVAB testing."

www.todaysmilitary.com...

Yeah, I do recall taking this exact test, but for the life of me cannot remember what the hell I was supposed to do with my life.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
ahhh...I stand corrected then. Sorry. but you reminded me about what the B stood for; battery. Anyhow, you got me.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Army pretty much bases intelligence on the soldiers GT score. I scored a 129, which basically let me choose whatever MOS I wanted. So, of course, at the age of 17, I chose Nuclear Weapons Technician. Awesome job, until the INF Treaty went into effect, hehe. Then I was basically jobless, and I didn't want to re-classify, so I got out.

Best move I ever made

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well liek others are saying, there is absolutely no IQ tests given to you before enlisting. I'm an inactive reservist for the United States Air Force and I know only of two forms of testing while I was at MEPS. The physical testing, ASVAB, and the inspection physical. But no IQ tests whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
Well liek others are saying, there is absolutely no IQ tests given to you before enlisting. I'm an inactive reservist for the United States Air Force and I know only of two forms of testing while I was at MEPS. The physical testing, ASVAB, and the inspection physical. But no IQ tests whatsoever.

ASVAB=Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
My whole high school graduating class, 1986, was required to take the ASVAB. Like Oswald said earlier, the faculty acted like it was the most important thing we'd ever do in our lives. I scored very high on it and was actively recruited by every US Armed Service (except the Coast Guard, oddly enough) ...until they got a look at me in person. I was 5'9" and only weighed 82lbs and had "Coke bottle" glasses!

There were very interested in my brains but very, very disappointed in my brawn.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Medic, what did you score on the test?

I took it to get into the Navy (unfortunately I have a GED, so I have to wait for a slot to open up) and got a 71.

My recruiter said it was good, and shunned me for not finishing High School ("If you only finished HS I'd have a #ing job for you tommorrow!").

Anyway, Im just curious.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
I never took an Asvab in Highschool. I doubt you took it either. It stands for Armed Services Vocational Board. Actaully I can't remember the b in it. I think it was board.

I took it in highschool. Did quite well, but still picked a moronic MOS (military police :lol

Let's not let idiots with poor senses of humor pull our legs quite so hard. Why would they tell you such a thing? For fun. Apparently, your friends peged you as the gullible type and figured to lead you astray. Fortunately, you have this place as a sounding board. Go back and tell them to F.O.A.D, or E.S.A.D. If you can't figure out what those two military acronyms mean, u2u me and this vet will clarify.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
TC:

Can Navy join Military Police? Or just Army and AF?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Can Navy join Military Police? Or just Army and AF?

Each branch has its own

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for the info, Amuk.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I really should've asked my recruiter this # but the fine members of ATS can probably help.

Do you know the score you have to get on the test to be eligible for MP?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

From the ones I met I would say not too high

No offense TC

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thanks alot, Amuk. Youre a great help.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think the the British Troops based in Iraq are better trained than the U.S troops.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

From the ones I met I would say not too high

No offense TC

I still wonder if I'm eligible with the score I got. Thomas, is a 71 high enough?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
That score is fine Tetsuo. I scored high as well but chose to be an MP for my job title when my tech. school starts up. Law enforement has always been an interest to me so that's probably why I chose to pic that. And no, the scores don't have to be high....your not working on missles or anything complicated for that matter. If your thinking about it, Good Luck man!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
WTF??!?!?!!?! r u sure that its not an iq TEST?

<< 1    3 >>

join