It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of the impotent God:

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It would seem to me people believe God is Impotent. They fear evil, and assert as if evil actually has the ability to overpower them even if they have the spirit of truth, the holy spirit, and this I just don’t understand.

First off, I express evil as the misunderstanding or doubt of the truth and the will of God. Such things show up in a person as negative feelings and expressions. A good example of this is fear and anger. If you truly welcome God into your life, and you truly trust God, what makes you think you have anything to fear? If you truly trust in God for your well being, and you fear for your well being, do you really Trust in God for your well being? And again. We are all family in the eyes of God. All are our brothers and sisters. So if you have anger toward another, is that showing love for your brother? No.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying you should be superhuman. I am saying that upon realization of such negative contextual thinkings, you might reflect upon another way.

If you don’t fully trust in God, how can you think you believe in God?

I believe this is the truth behind the term “Lukewarm”. Too many people enter into the “contract” with God, but then they get the coin of the teaching and burry it, too afraid of being fooled by “evil” to go outside their safe haven of “God Reality” (aka Church) to examine the truth of God throughout all things. Instead they get what they are given and they burry it, in the hopes to have something to present upon the master’s return. However if you are unaware of what I’m talking about now, you should read your bible rather then just rest on it.

Don’t hide the coins that were given you, for that is evil. You should have more to present upon the master’s return. Don’t stay in your “safezone” for you’ll be found lukewarm and spit out.

Do you really believe God is so Impotent?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think conspirators call God impotent because they've heard others say it who were not immediately struck down. In the Old Testament, the punishments were harsh, but immediate is debateable. After all, it takes a while for a flood to occur and noah was given time to build an ark. The New Testament speaks much of what you'd mention in loving one another and forgiveness. With the new instructions from Jesus, we're given an opportunity to pause and think rather than being struck down by the law on the spot. If given an inch, some will take a yard. With that wiggle-room, some Anti-Christians may propagate God is impotent. As they do, God waits. Forever is a long time so 70 + - years ain't no thang to Him. The fire and brimstone message typically is -> Careful what kind of debt you rack up, there's Hell to pay. Many people mistake this as hate-speech, but when issuing a warning of danger, it's not because people don't care. Rather, the opposite.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You're right. What most people fail to take into account is that a day is a thousand years to God. And yes, a WARNING is out of love, not fear.

Too many shepherds these days are teaching the "feel good prosperity gospel" and leaving out the most important part. That part being that Father does expect certain things from us and it's only natural! What parent on the planet doesn't also expect certain things out of their children which are for their own good and the good of others? We expect obedience and so does Father. Why should it be any different?

The sad part about it all is that these same shepherds are leading their flocks, Christ's flock, down the wide path of destruction by telling them what they want to hear and leaving the "scary" parts out. That is not an acceptance of the Scriptures as a whole and they do this for their own selfish reasons. They are in essence, doing what Satan does when he disguises himself as an angel of light.

Thankfully, Father will judge by what is in our hearts and whether or not we've accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior and not by whether or not we have been baptized or tithe regularly.

The most amazing thing about Father is that because He is perfect everlasting love, He has amazing patience and wants to give all His children every opportunity to redeem themselves - but, He also cannot be taken for granted because His patience will run out eventually. And that time is coming, very soon.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
God is good. Living within the ten commandments can't hurt. Opened up to incredible scorn and ridicule. So be it. Could be worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
OMNIPOTENT not IMPOTENT...

Please correct...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad

Please correct...

Impotent:
1. not potent; lacking power or ability.
2. utterly unable (to do something).
3. without force or effectiveness.

I believe he used the correct word here.

P.S. My response above this one was to Saint4God - can't edit that one now for some reason.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by ReginaAdonnaAaron]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
They are in essence, doing what Satan does when he disguises himself as an angel of light.

When Satan does that Satan wraps good around bad not good around good. When you tell people good and scary things you're wrapping good around bad. So then who really is doing what Satan does?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strapping Young Lad

Please correct...

Impotent:
1. not potent; lacking power or ability.
2. utterly unable (to do something).
3. without force or effectiveness.

I believe he used the correct word here.

absolutely correct there. However that's a intresting contrastor.

OMNIPOTENT vs IMPOTENT

In personal understandings of God.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Good subject,its something i've thought about many times.

People expect everything right now from their God,they are too impatient to wait for it.In the Bible it does appear that things,be they gifts or retributions,happen quickly;but thats books for you,its hard to have a sence of time when reading.

When events don't happen quickly here and now people begin to doubt,slowly they lose their trust in God,yet they maintain that they are true believers/followers because they don't even realise that their trust has gone! To them nothing has changed yet to God everything has changed!

Fear of losing money,homes,jobs etc also bring doubt,many believe God will not provide for them.Yet,i've noticed in such incidents,for those who do trust and believe;they are always provided for though they may have to go through some hard times.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

We are all family in the eyes of God.

No we're not.

So if you have anger toward another, is that showing love for your brother?

When your father gets angry at his son for not coming home before the agreed curfew and gets grounded, the Father is angry at his son but he still loves him.

Tell us incarnate,, what would thou have us do? Is it something you can tell us while leading by example or ?

I believe this is the truth behind the term “Lukewarm”. Too many people enter into the “contract” with God, but then they get the coin of the teaching and burry it, too afraid of being fooled by “evil” to go outside their safe haven of “God Reality” (aka Church)

Be IN the world but not OF the world.

to examine the truth of God throughout all things. Instead they get what they are given and they burry it, in the hopes to have something to present upon the master’s return. However if you are unaware of what I’m talking about now, you should read your bible rather then just rest on it.

That's a great Idea.

Do you really believe God is so Impotent?

No and our weak faith is not his impotence but ours.

The ten commandments prove to man that he can not follow them and is our own self evident testimony that we need a savior. Strong faith doesn't happen just because someone shows us our weakness by super imposing his interpretation of our lack of faith in the form of the wrong question without any option for a more accurate one, a more accurate self disclosure, i.e.; Is God impotent or is your faith weak.

Incarnate? is YOUR faith as strong as it can be?

We all boil at differen't degrees, I see your profile says

"Topics I Like=Aliens, Grey, Reptilian, 2012"

If you like those topics so much and you want to know if God is really the center of your world then give those topics of interest up. If you can't or find some excuse not to, then THAT'S what is between you and God and what keeps him at a distance.

You want to challenge our faith?

Test your own.

I thougt this was interesting,, your profile says,

Topics I Dislike=Religious Debate

What would make you like religious debate a little more? What is it you dislike about religious debate?

If you're like most of us,, people dislike things they aren't very good at and enjoy engaging in things they have more mastery over for what ever the reason. It's good you continue to engage in something you dislike as it shows discipline and a willingness to try harder to achieve mastery of a job or profession field of interest ect.

I just wonder why it is so enjoyable to talk about reptilians, greys etc without feeling a conflict of interest. If we are all Gods creation and all our are brothers and sisters? Are the greys and reptilians also?

Most of us will admit our short comings and ALL of us should have our selves locked up in a big room till we figure out what it is that hurts our testimony. Becoming a good teacher requires being a an even better student. When we finally "get it", that cognition that humbles us but take notice,, it doesn't take the quality of humility and push it over the cliff in humorous humiliation.

We have the wisdom after spending time in and out of that one big room to know that we will teach BEST, what it is, we most need to learn.

Knowing what we need to learn is why we stay locked in that "big room" and stay in there till we have figured it out. When we have been out a while, sometimes, we need a refresher course and we go back to that Big Room all over again.

We all need to check into "the room" from time to time. It's a never ending cycle, and for those who have a desire to excel, Teach and / or lead others, their peers, etc.

Those people usually check in to the "Biggest" "Room" of them all.

Do you know what the name of that room is incarnate?

that room would be the room,,,

for improvement.

- Con

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
It should be obvious in the manner in which the world and the universe exists that any god or gods is impotent, to quote my signature:

The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.

To go further I consider our universe all the more remarkable because god does not exist, to quote Dawkins again:

...an orderly universe, one indifferent to human preoccupations, in which everything has an explanation even if we still have a long way to go before we find it, is a more beautiful, more wonderful place than a universe tricked out with capricious ad hoc magic.

If a god or gods exist but limit merely their involvement to the petty minutia of individuals' activities rather than dealing with the major problems with routinely blight those that he "loves" then he is truly impotent.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naboo the Enigma
I consider our universe all the more remarkable because god does not exist, to quote Dawkins again:

an orderly universe, one indifferent to human preoccupations, in which everything has an explanation even if we still have a long way to go before we find it, is a more beautiful, more wonderful place than a universe tricked out with capricious ad hoc magic.

Says the Dawkins the man who apparently has lived in the alternative universe, tricked out and capricious ad hoc full of MaGiC!! How else would be know?

Oh THATS RIIIGHT DAWKINS IS AN ATHIEST AND HATES MAGICAL SUPERNATURAL THINGS. SINCE HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THEM, THEY DON'T EXIST! So how the hell would HE know which universe is the better one? Easy,, the one he can't fathom with his finite little mind,, HE IMAGINES! As usual his Atheist belief leans on the side of Dawkins

Man/God unto himself and the object of much fascination and admiration for a fan named Naboo. Hey naboo how you doin this morning?

If a god or gods exist but limit merely their involvement to the petty minutia of individuals' activities rather than dealing with the major problems with routinely blight those that he "loves" then he is truly impotent

Really hard to say,, I have never been a God to make anything more then an uninformed and ignorant answer. Besides,, one mans minutia is another mans top priority.

God may know something you don't. That is,, of course if your intellect doesn't get in the way of you grasping such a concept in the first place. Then if it doesn't ,, you really have no premise to argue the point, do you? I mean that would be a real quagmire to have to wrestle with,, you being an Atheist and all.

Can't have a discussion about God without at least two or three of them coming in to remind us their is no God in one form or another.

It doesn't change our minds but hey!

Your welcome to try !

- Con

[edit on 26-2-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.
When Satan does that Satan wraps good around bad not good around good.

Don't even have to go beyond the first book of the Bible to find it...let alone the rest of it. I only have a 10,000 character maximum so I'll refer this one to the Book itself instead of quoting the many pages.

[edit on 26-2-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
OMNIPOTENT vs IMPOTENT

I don't think people understand what I'm trying to say here. Well some did while the others found this too complex to grasp.

God is a bigger part of my life then any other human on the planet now.

My point was:

IF you believe that the aliens are a lie sent by the devil to fool mankind, then you believe in a IMPOTENT God.

IF you believe that the aliens are part of God's works then you believe in an OMNIPOTENT God.

If you believe that there's a war going on between Satan, Lucifer, the devil and God, then you believe in a IMPOTENT God.

If you believe God is all powerful and none could make war with God then you believe in an OMNIPOTENT God.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

IF you believe that the aliens are a lie sent by the devil to fool mankind, then you believe in a IMPOTENT God.

No, that would mean one believes that the aliens are a lie sent by the devil to fool mankind, in addition to God

IF you believe that the aliens are part of God's works then you believe in an OMNIPOTENT God.

No, that is what YOU believe, why do you insist on superimposing your belief legislation on everyone else?

If you believe that there's a war going on between Satan, Lucifer, the devil and God, then you believe in a IMPOTENT God.

No, that would mean one believes that there's a war going on between Satan, Lucifer, the devil and God PERIOD. Again you insist on telling someone what they think and adding your own meaning to it. If the war were won by Satan, then God would not be omnipotent

If you believe God is all powerful and none could make war with God then you believe in an OMNIPOTENT God.

Hence the title "Omnipotent God" the rest is redundant. You are making loaded statements here, You say they can't make war with god when they CAN. It's none can WIN a war with God but they certainly can try.

- Con

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

God is not impotent, the world is evil.

Just because God allows something doesn't make him impotent.

What appears evil may serve a greater good that you can not foresee.

God allowed Satan to ruin Jobs life, In the end he made it up to him.

Don't scream for justice, beg for mercy.

Man is not capable of judging the mind of God. Anyone who presumes to is

astronomically arrogant. That's why scripture is important.

Isaiah 55

8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Like with Job... it'll all come out in the wash.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy

God is not impotent, the world is evil.

That's a mistaken impression. The world hasn't been an evil place since the cross of christ. It was at that point "evil forces" lost their rule over the world.

You people need catch up.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

That's a mistaken impression. The world hasn't been an evil place since the cross of christ. It was at that point "evil forces" lost their rule over the world.

You people need catch up.

Where are you getting this "stuff" incarnate? Has it not occured to you that their are Rapes, Murders, and many other acts of evil that are the same acts of evil with the same distinction that was known as evil before the the cross and I really hate to box you in like this but damn,,

DIDN'T YOU JUST MAKE A THREAD CALLED RELIGION IS THE GREATEST EVIL ? DIDN'T YOU POST ABOUT 5 DIFFERENT EXPLANATIONS WHY RELIGION IS SO EVIL AND BY THE WAY,, PRESENT TENSE ACCORDING TO THE DISCRIPTIONS YOU GAVE.

I WON'T SUGGEST YOU ARE BEHIND LIKE YOU DID THE POST BEFORE IT TELLING HIM "HE BETTER CATCH UP"

You bear more false witness then anyone I have ever met.

He doesn't need to catch up,

you need to get started.

*BUSTED*

- Con

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

What is your evidence of that? Opinions won't cut it.

18The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, 19since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
(Romans 1)

I think it's still evil until he comes the second time.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

They are in essence, doing what Satan does when he disguises himself as an angel of light.

By your own scripture, Satan is not a separate being from God. he is an angel - one fallen from God's good graces perhaps, but he is still an angel. He has no will of his own, and instead serves at God's whim.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join