It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military to go broke!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Colonel
Over 50% of GDP on defense??? That can't be correct. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you are just being dramatic to make a point. Please post a link to back that up. I was under the impression that the defense budget was in the $400-500 billion range (depending on whether you count homeland defense budget and other govt agencies that have defense related missions). I could be wrong but I think the US GDP is almost $11 trillion. That would put defense spending closer to 5% of GDP not 50%.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Is this how we run our government? Is this how things are supposed to be? Did ANYTHING like this happen under Clinton? Look, people, listen and learn: Never trust a repugnant with your money.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by Colonel]

Um actually, Colonel, it did, under Clinton, and quite often. I remeber the one day the govornment closed down because there wasnt enough money to pay everyone. And much of the time, during my years in service, we could not order supplies and parts for repair because we did not have the money. Yes, Clinton was a suck ass prez. he cut military funding without cutting down on our commitments and bases overseas. Hes as guilty as the repugnants. My years in service uner Clinton were basically spent watching him deteriorate the quality of our forces. And the newly deteriorated military Bush took and sent them overseas on even more wars.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes, I totally agree. I served in the Corps under Clinton. I was all prepared to go to Yugoslavia when he decided to pre-empt a fight there, and then only use air power.

What a joke of an idea. Bombing does nothing because we legally can not directly hit troops.

It was the troops we needed to hit. Big Charlie Foxtrot.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People just don't realize how much damage Clinton did to the military. And they blame Bush for all the casualties in Iraq.

Not to mention all the jobs lost because of 9/11. They blame him for that too.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by joehayner]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
Yeah cause we need to spend so much money on the military during peace time...

so what do you want us to do? sit around and let our equipment go to absolute #? this aint russia buddy. ever hear of a thing call maintance?

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well we are goin to go broke cracking heads with the military or we are goin to go broke fixing cracked heads if the gore's and the hillary's get their universal healthcare. Arkansas is tanking from their own hillarycare. But i believe that Afghanistan is a good investment, health care is ok but to an extent.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
It means being prepared for anything and everything even if it means being too prepared. That has been the attitude of most everyone since Pearl Harbor. Be prepared no matter what. Don't want to be caught with our pants down again.

What happened with September 11, when P. Clinton had a clearly defined plan to eradicate the Taliban and Al Queda and a will to use it during his administration?

Being the 'nice guy' that he was, he didn't want to go and hand off a war to the incoming president. But he and his staff clearly and on many occasions warned Bush
(read Al Franken's Lies... if you have the stomach) about the threat that Osama bin Laden posed, and Bush began Operation Ignore.

It seems to me so transparent that G.W. was waiting for someone to give him an excuse to draw his sword. Not that I believe he knew of or even expected something like September 11th, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bush taunted someone to do something.

That's a lot of feeling, and I have thought this through, but time does not permit my going on about this right now. I'd like to continue later, though.

DeltaChaos

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join