It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe this is old news. Maybe I'm just waking up, so someone help me out here.

Anyway, recently was watching Zeitgeist, and Endgame and this whole world suddenly seems so screwed. Its so depressing, it really is a Brave New World because everyone is filled with apathy we're just so overstimulated with bullcrap we don't care to see the forest for the trees.

So I shake the cobwebs off and wipe the sleep from my eyes and do a google search for there are no terrorists. I find a link to the CFR magazine foreign affiars

Despite all the ominous warnings of wily terrorists and imminent attacks, there has been neither a successful strike nor a close call in the United States since 9/11. The reasonable -- but rarely heard -- explanation is that there are no terrorists within the United States, and few have the means or the inclination to strike from abroad.

John Mueller is Professor of Political Science at Ohio State University and the author of "The Remnants of War." He is currently writing a book about reactions to terrorism and other perceived international threats that will be published early next year.

We're all led to believe we're under threat and thanks to the govts careful watchful eye we're safe. I'm really pretty sick to my stomach or pissed off, I can't tell which, about all this. Anyway, here's the article which sums up everything dated 2006, ironically courtesy of the CFR.

link

sorry my link wasnt working

[edit on 10-1-2008 by MrDead]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by MrDead]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Completely agree. It sure is a great way to keep a majority of the US believing that police state type laws are being passed for our protection from these terrorists.

Terrorist. Did you look at the word differently pre 9/11? I sure did. I don’t think it was that much of a “terrifying” word back then.

FYI, your link is still broken.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Thanks, and yes I did think of terrorism differently. 9/11 seemed to be such a massive shock it burned terrorist through everyones eyes and rallied so much support to protect us from these sinister terrorists, who are now lurking about every corner and threatening to murder us all - we begged to be put into this playpen. We pleaded for nanny to nurse us and tell us what to do, wipe our noses and pat us on the head if we did what they said was right.

I apologize for the link not working I'm not sure why I can't get it to show up right, but thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Here is an alternative way to get to it

foreign affairs sep / oct 2006 and click on the article Is There Still a Terrorist Threat? The Myth of the Omnipresent Enemy by John Mueller

new topics

join