It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Protest Kiddie Biometrics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Parents Protest Kiddie Biometrics

www.blacklistednews.com

Biometrics is one of the fastest-growing areas of homeland security, but the expanding use of fingerprints and retinal scans to school-age children is prompting some parents to complain. According to one news report, a lawmaker in Arizona wants to limit the use of biometrics in schools:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why do qwe need to extend biometrics to our children. This is a very scary thought to me. It is one thing to have it affecting adults lives, but why do our children have to grow up in this Homeland Security biometric nonsense. I guess the government wants to make sure the future (whatever that might be) generation is tagged at an early age. We need to make noise about this issue.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
They aren't called the homeland generation for nothing.

This is a simple, predictable step by the so named "big brother."

Obtain the info early on, as of now if you don't have your prints on file then enforcement can't easily reference you.

Get them while they are too young to know better, that way in later life they are already in the "Database." Just another step closer to making biometrics a required tech in all major ways...travel, shopping, purchase.

People are all afraid that we will "receive" the "Mark of the Beast" in some form to allow living normally in the near future, yet they don't seem to realize that they are already born with it.

Soon all firearms, large shopping centers, banks, etc. will have biometric ID in order to confirm ID's and Credit cards are actually yours in this ever increasing world of ID theft.
Could be in plain view of use, like a palm scanner. Or, this could very easily be implemented covertly such as turning a doorknob, using a pen. Combine this with RFID tech and you have a remote reporting method.

The files on the populace are ever expanding...and so is the means of faking Bio scans which allready exist.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by LockwithnoKey]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I like the increasing use of biometrics. In this day and age of information gathering and outright identify theft, retina scans and fingerprints are soon going to be the only way to prove one's identify beyond any reasonable doubt. I sure do love being able to log into my work laptop with just a fingerprint scan too

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

The problem is that biometrics are going to be used for far more than just allowing you to have access to your laptop. And do you honestly believe you are the only one that can have access to your laptop at work? That is the beauty of biometrics. The database can be used by higher powers to use any of your data they have. And you know as well as I do that the hacking of biometric systems will be just as prevelant as the hacking of the internet to gain one's personal information.

top topics

join