It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US launches airstrike south of Baghdad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

US launches airstrike south of Baghdad

hosted.ap.org

ZAMBARANIYAH, Iraq (AP) -- U.S. bombers and jet fighters unleashed 40,000 pounds of explosives on the southern outskirts of Baghdad within 10 minutes Thursday in one of the biggest airstrikes of the war, flattening what the military called safe havens for al-Qaida in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
www.france24.com

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I have a brother-in-law in the Army, my son and future son-in-law are both in the Air Force - I'd like to hear what others think about the possibility of the US extracting themselves from the Middle East or could this occupation last another 10-20 years?

Additional news articles are saying there will be in increase of troops to Afghanistan, 3000 or so. When is it going to be enough?

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When the opium production is locked down and safe, and when the military installations are finished, you might see some of your family come home.

Enough will only be enough when the perogitives of the National Security State are met.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I think this is Bush's answer to trying to get us out of the recession. Fuel the "gears of war" and bomb barron desert to stimulate the war economy.

As far as the withdrawel of troops, we need to see who becomes elected. I am for Ron Paul. But I think "he who must not be named" is trying to start WW3 before end of next year so he can stay longer in office, regardless of who gets elected.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
LOL,

It is really funny how people feel Bush got his hands in everything and is making all the decisions and pulling all the strings.

This is just not how it all really happens. Military objectives such as these air strikes are all done at the Combat Commander level. Their determination of need, planning and execution goes no higher than that.

Something like the over all policy to surge is done higher with the president involved, but how that is accomplished is done by the military.

Bush does not determine what is the most effective method for the situation, and whether it is a ground attack using soldiers, or a surgical strike, or even a large air strike it is all done at the tactical level.

top topics

join