It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wounded Troops given Tainted Blood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Wounded Troops given Tainted Blood?

news.bbc.co.uk

Eighteen British troops wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan are undergoing medical checks after it emerged they received blood which was not properly tested.

As well as HIV, the British personnel are being tested for hepatitis B and C, HTLV - a virus similar to HIV, Chagas - a tropical parasitic disease which occurs in the Americas - and the sexually-transmitted infection syphilis.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Well this really takes the biscuit - troops are fighting, getting wounded and the powers that be cannot be bothered to put procedures in place to properly test blood for signs of infection.

I disagree with both these illegal wars, but that does not mean I think the troops should not be looked after - indeed I admire our troops who are doing a difficult job under very difficult circumstances.
Our government should be giving them the support they need and deserve if they are going to send them in harms way.

As usual with our government, it's the people at the sharp end that get shafted, whilst the government lines its pockets.

Substandard equipment and protective gear now followed by defective procedures.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
this is just horrible, these people should not be reciving dangerous sub-standered care.

new topics

join