It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Hell

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am a happy, cheerful person, but attractred to the dark side- so i understand your point. I think there is a reason for it, seriously. It doesn't mean we have some deep dark problem. Ironically, I am an artist and most of my art is very bright and cheerful. I wasnt an Emo kid, either, when I was a kid.

A dream can be just a dream or a seriously exagerated response to something in your subconscience. Maybe you left the seat up before going to bed (I am assuming you're a guy) and then had the dream based on your mold guilt. I had a dream once I was hiding dead bodies because I was a closet smoker.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Went once but the Doorman was a jerk so we left.
Just kidding! Really!
Hell is not a place of the living in any form. ALL who reside in hell are concious of nothing at all. Hell when properly translated is grave. The idea of a Dantes inferno type environment was the fabrication of the Catholic church. It is a deliberate distortion of translation designed to control those willing to accept that it is real.
At death you simply cease to live, re-awakening is only for the rewarded.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Probably just a bit of undigested potato, but I had a lucid dream approximately 8 yrs ago that stuck with me. My best friend and I had a falling out. He had been suicidal. Moved to Florida. Married and had child. His wife called me numerous times to lean/cry on shoulder due to his explosive looney behaviour. I was at wits end. I suggested mental health services etc etc etc. Within that week, I met with 'my old friend' in an extraordinary lucid dream/nitemare . We were in an asian continent, I believe china. He led me to a village and a hut with long ladder going down. I smiled at the locals, nodding head, trying to be nice, and they looked at me like I was nuts. We descended to another reality. I remember a naked line dance, boots, and sawdust on a wooden dance floor, macabre at best. Saw the devil dancing in glee. So disgusted and overwhelmed I busted out and a short distance away was a shoreline. The sun was nearly set, but produced no warmth. I waded into the water at the caution of my 'buddy', and was set upon by the most demon like aquatic creatures I can remember. At that point I pulled the plug on the 'mare' and laid in bed in a cold sweat for many minutes till regaining sleep. Recently got a letter after 12 yrs. He has two kids, 12 and 9 and doing quite well for himself, and I am glad for that. Not really looking to reestablish friendship though, too many undesirable circumstances. Not to mention unappreciated and unresolved 'loans'.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I wonder where you go

if you already live in hell? What can I look forward to?

Eternal nagging?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
LOL DG, I remember the old startrek with Norman and the exwife clones. They come out in force "Norman! You piece of reptilian swine.....etc. That would be an end fitting of Dante's Inferno.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help in your quest or not but here goes anyway :

I was diagnosed with schizoaffective bipolar disorder about a decade ago, and whenever I have my episode it varies between an "enlighted manic phase" where everything is possible, the world is full of benevolence and loving and just beings and there is no shortage of ideas, energy or limits to what I can achieve...

...and then I come in contact with certain other people and WHAMMO! I'm slammed into a "Hell Scenario" full of delusional paranoia, hostile visions and people I am completely disconnected from.

So for me, when my condition asserts itself in this manner - it's the closest my mind can come to the idea and concept of the Heaven/Hell states and/or scenario.

Heaven - unlimited compassion and connectivity with everything in a peaceful loving communion. Stars are brighter, love flows freely from everything, and all is right with myself and the Universe.

Hell - utter isolation and competitive states of will and ego with no common ground with anything or anyone - people, surroundings, or myself. A profound feeling of doing "wrong at all times" with no hope for salvation. Massive headaches and powerless to communicate effectively with anyone. Disconnectedness.

At least, those are my experiences.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
We descended to another reality. I remember a naked line dance, boots, and sawdust on a wooden dance floor, macabre at best.

Wow....Line dancing. You're right, that is hell!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Fallen One

I had an out of body experience where demons tryied to take me to hell. That was their stated intent. I definately went in a downward direction. I do not think it was a typical OBE because I went to looking at myself from the cieling, just behind me. But the strange thing was that I watched myself being pulled through the floor by the deamons. I was kind of like Alice, for a while because I was freefalling through a narrow, mostly dark brown tunnel.
The next thing I was aware of was being in a strange sort of place. It was as if I was in a place where there was not a real sky or sun. It was bright, but it was just a big expanse of air. The topography was like that, in a way. There were gently rolling hills of green grass, but no real horizon. You could not really see too far into the distance. There were trees in the particular place that I found myself in. There were people sitting around the trees, on the grass, or just standing around. I went up and talked to the people. I had conversations with a lot of people. They would eventualy wander off and someone else would come along.
After what seemed like a couple of weeks, I decided to go off, myself. I kept going until I found out that there was a very high wall that inclosed the whole area that I was in. I kept getting closer and I came across a lot of people who had wandered over. I could look up and barely see people on the top of the wall. Someone told me not to get too close to the wall because they would drop big rocks on you from the wall. After a while I went up to see if there was some sort of way to get through the wall. A big rock fell on me and I was right where I was before the deamons showed up. I was wide awake and the time on the clock was the same as it was before all this happened.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And I hate country music AND line dancing!!! It truly was Dante's Inferno. Arrgggghhh!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
[edit on 10-1-2008 by sandwhichlee]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

i'd have to agree an eternity of line-dancing woul dbe tortutre

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

i have been tested for a number of psychological problems, schizophrenia and bi=polar disorder and i have no mental problems at all, according to modern medicine. i have been to 9 shrinks in my life( all at parents forcing) and the only thing i was ever told is im to intelligent for my own good.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There is no hell or heaven, per se. Rather, we as a society have the ability to create a "Hell" for ourselves and future generations; or, create a "Heaven". If people like Bush continue to run things, well, I think you can guess where we are headed ...

www.rael.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I guess my hell would be being in a room full of drunks flipping the tab off their beers....Psssssstt.....that gas escaping the can gives me the willies.

And throw in some frogs jumping all over the place for the final horrific touch.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Funny, that's my idea of heaven.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think a lot of people nerf Hell, saying it's like being dead. There's no consciousness, no feeling, no nothing. If it were only that, there really won't be much need to be concerned. However, if one accepts Hell as:

"They will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 13:42

"He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 24:51

"It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out." - Mark 9:43

Um...ouch.

I've heard that Tibetans consider Hell to be unbearable cold. Maybe Jesus used this metaphor because he was talking to people who lived in the desert? Maybe it isn't a metaphor at all. Either way, it sounds like Hell sucks.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

The flaming pit? If you've left your body behind, do you think your nerves will care if they're on fire?

Hell is a different thing to every person and doesn't necessarilly include pain. For me, I think hell would be locked in a room with nothing to do for eternity. I'd rather be in severe pain than be eternally bored.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
The flaming pit? If you've left your body behind, do you think your nerves will care if they're on fire?

Oh my gosh you're right! I'm surprised God hadn't already thunk of it!

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Hell is a different thing to every person and doesn't necessarilly include pain. For me, I think hell would be locked in a room with nothing to do for eternity. I'd rather be in severe pain than be eternally bored.

I agree boredom is hell-like. That's why I get confused when people say heaven must be boring. Can a person be bored of severe pain all the time? I think so.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I think you got those quotes reversed saint..

And as I mentioned before, it's unlikely that god thinks. Not as you or I understand it anyway. And I certainly don't think it would think of the best way to punish people. That seems like a human quality that we've imprinted on the idea of God. The same as a horse with wings or a large dog with 3 heads. God is not a big one of us in the sky.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I did and have corrected it. Sorry for the copy/paste error and thanks for pointing it out so I could make the change. The poke was basically saying that if God judges and deems punishments, then there is thought that goes into that process. It would be nonsensical to say then that he made the error of realizing that people post-mortem would not feel the pain he'd deemed necessary for punishment. Even most parents these days don't send their kid to their room as punishment because that's were all the toys are. Wiser parents would simply remove the toys. In that way, the child "feels" the punishment. You don't spank a child with his/her pants on. Punishment is useless if it is not felt. If you reject the idea of God as presented Biblically, then the idea of Hell would be equally rejected and discussion useless (since it too is defined Biblically).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join