It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Facebook!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
To NewWorldOver:
The internet is not an actual place with established borders and property lines, anyone can go anywhere.
If in their travels, they happen upon information, well, said information is not intellectual property, no matter how personal it is, unless of course, the information is encrypted and in a secure database.
As soon as that information becomes an electronic signal, you cease ownership of it.
Now, I understand identity theft is a serious problem and should be stopped, but that's not what we're talking about here.

To Quazga:
Dude, if there is an actual disclaimer and people ignore it and sign up anyways, then they ARE RESPONSIBLE for their own actions.
Don't complain because you signed (not you personally) your rights away and DID NOT read the disclaimer.
It doesn't make someone a victim, it makes them a dumbass.
Always read what you sign.
"Blaming the victim"?
Please, give it up.
It's that kind of behavior that blames fast food restaurants for people becoming fat, blaming cigarette companies for keeping a less-than-healthy product on the market and so on.
Take some responsibility for your actions.
Don't like it? Don't partake in it.
Period.

[edit on 1/11/2008 by wu kung]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

Oh, and were you making sheep noises at me?
Dude, grow up.
You're really starting to get on my nerves.
You strut around here like you're so smart and you fling insults at people (no matter how veiled you try to make them) and throw the term "pseudo-intellectual" around like it's going out of style.
Why don't you give it up.
You're not impressing anyone.
If you have an issue with me, take it up with me, don't be a child and make noises because you're not cool.
You want to be taken seriously around here, then act like an adult and be respectful.
I've addressed this with you on another thread and you ignored what I had to say.
Ignored...as in Ignorant.
Yeah, I'm a sheep like you're a legitimate researcher.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
"Who cares of the government has information about me, I have nothing to hide."

Buy will you always have nothing to hide?

Perhaps with the current status quo.

But what if the status quo changes?

What if they revoke the first four amendments?

Then, maybe, you'll want to fight back. It be great if they didn't know your schedule, favorite place to eat, areas of locale, et cetera. It's purely hypothetical, but it's a valid point (IMO).

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What makes you people think the cia and the government need facebook to get our info? HAhahah... i mean i see what you are all talking about but its like complaining about the smell when your already buried in #.....you gotta worry about getting out of the pile first then start talking about cleaning your clothes.
Social secuirity numbers anyone? We all have them dont we....under the illusion that they serve a legitimate purpose and arent used for manipulation of the masses. GEt out of my pocket I say....get out and stay out. They are already there my friends....facebook might be a perpetuation of this issue but really the truth of the nightmare is that that these mongrols already have this info at their fingertips.
THe grip of the beast has been suffocating the middle class for years and plenty more to come if we dont do something about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

This being the victim accusation is BS my friend....contract law SPECIFICALLY STATES THAT YOU CANNOT SIGN AWAY ANY OF YOUR RIGHTS....Inaliable rights i beleive to be exact. So any contract that illiminates your right to privacy is unconstitutional and invalid.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Yeah, pretty much to clear it up.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I dont have myspace or facebook. I have never liked it and am one of the few who stayed away LOL

I have to say in regards to info about someone being out there. Im actually more afraid of random everyday people or people I know or used to know finding me then the government.

I have twice been severely harassed online. First time, before more everyday people knew how to trace emails IP addys, etc, I was able to trace the person gather tons of evidence and threaten her w/ retraining orders and other legal actions - to get her to stop. She harassed me w/out knowing that she could be found out LOL

Second time (more recently) has to do w/ the fact that I used the same username for all the message boards I went to, and someone (I think I know who) decided to stalk me and follow me around online and join the same boards as I did and harass me on those boards. Quite annoying.

I now use a completely different username that would never link me to my old one. LOL However, when I search on my current one....I see that im not the only one using it. LOL

So yeah, everyday Joe Schmos' scare me more then the government LOL As they already know so much about me already LOL

[edit on 11-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GUICE2

We're not talking about the life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
We're talking about data uploaded to a website that, yes, you can legally sign away the rights to.
You think that these websites just make up stuff for their disclaimers?
Nope, they have a team of lawyers who draft this stuff up.
So I restate, that if you do not read and then sign, then whatever happens after is how it's gonna be.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I've done a search throught this thread and cant see that anyone else has noticed this but the image shown on the first page of this thread

This is the image of the illuminati.

I'm just posted this on the other thread "Facebook a CIA front", but thought that i would also post this here as well.

If the illuminarti are involved, anything is possible. from what i've read, almost everypart of every government has members. And everywhere you see that symbol you strangly enough find references to the CIA, NSA and FBI !!!!!!!!

[edit on 11-1-2008 by scepticsRus]

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wu kung

I thought you were saying that when you sign the dotted line all your rights can be stripped if its in the terms and conditions.....and i was saying that even if so, that is untrue because you cannot sign away any inaliable right and that does not just include the right to life libery and pursuit of happiness. Although those parameters are rather large and the definition and conotation of the word "LIfe" has been debated several times in the supreme court. How about this for an idea.....NO FINE PRINT.
Stop with all the contigencies and have a simple good faith agreement with an out clause. If there are terms they should be negotiable and if there are any penalties or anything negatively harmful they should can happen to either party they should be disclosed fully and not hidden amidst a forest of fine print.
Since when can you actually sign a computer screen by the way
?
We dont sign anything....i remember a supreme court case where the law indicted a man for drug trafficking i think. He was in a phone booth and they bugged it which is how they got the info. Long story short....the supreme court granted certioraria and overturned the convicion on the basis that the 4th amendment was violated. Even though the man was not in his house he was still afforded the expectation of privacy which i think is the exact term they used and the reasoning behind it is that when you enter into a phone booth you dont necessarily expect to be private from the public eye but the expecation of privacy from the public EAR is in effect and therefore....without a proper wire taping warrent, the information cannot be used in a court of law for a conviction of a crime.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You want to know how much privacy you have, go to your Google search bar and type in your name, or your handle ... I have 18 pages of Google that has tracked me all over the net.
If I was worried about privacy issues I would be SOL. But I am not... someone once said, can a person completely disappear? Only if you go to the woods where there is no eletricty and no connections to the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join