It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message Perhaps From Mars - Strange Characters Resemble Egyptian Writing - 11-14-1897

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

MESSAGE PERHAPS FROM MARS - STRANGE CHARACTERS RESEMBLE EGYPTIAN WRITING - 11-14-1897

Fascinating Account from 1897 that describes a "fallen aerolite"; when opened contained a "foreign metal" that appeared to have "Hieroglyphic characters" within. Academics believed it to a message from another world.

Frank Warren
Knowledge is Power

Edit: Removed all caps title
Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Good post Mr Warren - seems faintly far-fetched, one would have thought there would be more attention on the story if it had proved to be anything more significant - I wonder what happened to the "aerolite" in question?

Has anyone else heard this story before?

LW

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
All i've been able to find is that the article has actually been published on NYT on November 14, 1897 . It seems that there's nothing else about this strange event.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
sounds interesting , a shame that there are no pics of the supposed characters , I think a discovery like that would at least be photographed

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
sounds interesting , a shame that there are no pics of the supposed characters , I think a discovery like that would at least be photographed

That is what disappointed me. This is too sad. Maybe there's someone who knows more about this event (of course on 1897 not all the people had a camera, but hey, this is an out of the ordinary event).
I'd like to know schuyler's opinion about this case.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

i agree, but it could be substituted with a sketch of the "hieroglyphic characters"... and how do they know for sure its from Mars?
to the OP, nice find

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
Good post Mr Warren - seems faintly far-fetched, one would have thought there would be more attention on the story if it had proved to be anything more significant - I wonder what happened to the "aerolite" in question?

Has anyone else heard this story before?

LW

Good Day LW,

We're both participating in a forum concerning UFOs & aliens . . . what is "far-fetched?"

I personally had never run across this account before; however, it's not the first time there was an account of a fallen or crashed UFO containing what appeared to be Hieroglyphics (from the 1800's). Go here for the story.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Here's another version, published a week later.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Well that explains it. The guy was a known nutter.

Prof. Wiggins has again emerged from his retreat, this time to propound the theory of the St. Louis disaster. He claims that the storm was attracted to that point by the net work of telegraphic and electric light wires.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Ha! Glad somebody knows anything about this man...

I've been trying (not very hard, but still) to google him up, but no luck so far. So... Where can we get more information about Prof. Wiggins?

P.S. I used to be a subscriber of the Newspaper Archive, but am not anymore. If anyone here is, I think that would be the best way to find more about this story - perhaps even see the glyphs for ourselves.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

I don't know whether there is a thread on this or not (never been a particularly ardent fan of the topic), but I think a thread listing - like you have started doing here - historic newspaper reports about meteorites, sightings of UFO and such would be interesting even to less interested readers. ; )

Just a thought.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
one would have thought there would be more attention on the story if it had proved to be anything more significant

Its the other way around: The more significant something is, the quicker it is removed from the publics eye.

At least thats what paranoids like us believe.

new topics

top topics

join