It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fried ice cream is my favorite dessert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Fried ice cream, I haven't had one of this in a long time. Mine, usually smothered with hot liquid chocolate, very mouth watering.

If you happen to have infos (recipes, restaurants, variety) on fried ice cream, do share with me.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Several times a year I have a Mexican themed dinner and have family over. Fried ice cream is always the dessert of choice and everyone loves it. Chi Chi's was a chain restaurant that used to serve it. They've gone out of business here but below is a spot on recipe:

Fried Ice Cream Recipe

I like the above recipe best becasue you don't actually fry the ice cream, just the tortilla shells.

I set out chocolate and caramel syrup and let everyone top with their favorite kind.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuprDupr
I set out chocolate and caramel syrup and let everyone top with their favorite kind.

Thank you very much SuprDupr for the recipe. Yes definitely, it's chocolate for me, never try one with the caramel syrup myself.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This sounds great! We have a mexican restaurant nearby that has the best fried ice cream.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Breyers brand ice cream has a specialty flavor, Fried Ice Cream. I liked it.

I can't remember having fried ice cream with a topping, so I must try that sometime. YUM!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

Ooooo I haven't seen that in our stores yet. Although I don't
usually buy a lot of ice cream. I'll keep my eyes open for it!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I was reading If you had to live off one type of food thread when fried ice cream came into mind.

I don't know, maybe I can.

reply to post by desert

Is that even possible to package fried ice cream? What kind of crust does it has?

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SuprDupr

Chi Chi's? The Italian food joint? There's one of those out here.

They have great pizza. Never tried their fried ice cream though.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

i love fried ice cream but by the time I get to the end of one serving I'm pretty
well done. It gets a little rich and gaggy after you have too much!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
At a restaurant where I had worked , we would smash up cornflakes then scoop out really frozen icecream and roll it in the cornflakes and they would just fry it!
We would then add the whipcream and any other toppings to it!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I watched Emeril make the fried ice cream once. He actually drop in the hot oil. (I prefer the faux fry method)
When he was done all that was left was the coating. All the ice cream had melted! lol

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

lol, he was probably drunk so, he fried it too long!
It's only supposed to be fried for like 10 seconds, if that!

I've never had it but, I can already tell what it tastes like!

I bet crunched up nuts and oats with honey would taste good with the cornflakes when fried!

[edit on 4/8/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   

My fried ice cream is totally wicked! The ice cream is completely inside the ball of some sort of frozen batter. I have no idea how the chef make them.

When you puncture the outside layer which is hot, the ice cream inside is still round and cold. The outer layer is soft but rather crispy and smothered with liquid chocolate.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
When you puncture the outside layer which is hot, the ice cream inside is still round and cold. The outer layer is soft but rather crispy ...

Yes, this is what I remember!
Re Breyers ice cream flavor. It's on the line with cookies/candy bar ice cream flavor, pieces of fried ice cream batter/shell blended into vanilla ice cream flavored with caramel and cinnamon. Now I'm making myself hungry...

top topics

join