It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

300 BC ....is that enough proof...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ST SIR 86

this is exactly what ive been trying to explain all along and if you still have trouble understanding this then look at this link and then read the quote above.

www.philipcoppens.com...

and this one too!

www.conspiracyresearch.org...

"If the ancient Egyptians had vehicles such as helicopters, submarines, and jet airplanes, one would expect to find some evidence of this other than in a single inscription on the lintel of a single temple. This type of large machinery requires a vast amount of support (including fuel, parts, factories, etc.) but there is no trace of any such support in all of Egypt. The Egyptian literature is also bereft of any boast, much less passing mention, of advanced aircraft. Obviously this situation doesn't seem peculiar to those who really want to believe that the ancient Egyptians flew around in airplanes"

There you go.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
has anyone seen this youtube video about these?

they actually have recreated one of the gold models and it actually flies perfectly

check it out!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/1/2008 by universalconsciousness]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyewitness86
There are no flying fish on the Nile!! The ocean is far away!! There are no reports of flying fish in all of Egyptology and they have no shape even close to the article mentioned. It could be that some ancient had an inspired vision of a flying craft and carved that out..but then again..

No matter what, it ain't no flying fish!!

No matter what, u aint reading the thread properely!

Before you give you self as seizure i suggest you take a deep breath and relax. Now read my previous post regarding the flying fish...

First I never said that the flying fish are found in the nile....
I never even mentioned egypt!!

The artifact i was refering to was found in South America not Egypt so whether there are flying fish in the nile is irrelevant!!

Also you obviously havent grasped the point i was getting at..
look at the below picture...

My involvement in this post has mearly been to prove that the shapes depicted in the gold artifact do occur in nature meaning that it could quite easily be a flying fish as apposed to the only record of ancient aircraft!!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
What was on their minds when these things where born into existance? what had they seen? Yeah a flying fish perhaps but flying fish does not and can not account for them all.

I never said that Flying fish could explain everything it was only the gold artifact from South America,

I personally believe in advanced ancient civilisation, whether they had aircraft is a different matter.

But I am a l scientifically minded person and if something can be explained by a simple explanation such as

"A gold artifcat depicting a Flying Fish"

Rather than..

"An Artifact which looks like a fish but kinda looks like a plane so im gonna present this as evidence that ancient man had planes"

Im always gonna go with the one that makes more sense base on the evidence..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Your getting thins mixed up...

The Gold artifact depicts a fish.. I never mentioned Flying fish being in Egypt.. Carrying people or anything like that.

The artifact found in South america depicts a fish that's all, everyone appears to mixing up all these pieces from South America, India and egypt and not to mention different time lines

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by universalconsciousness
has anyone seen this youtube video about these?

they actually have recreated one of the gold models and it actually flies perfectly

check it out!!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11/1/2008 by universalconsciousness]

I dont want to dwell on this but as i said earliwer in the thread. The R/C models had moving wing's and flaps? The orginals dont have these... and the one i was loking at had flat wings... no shaping of the wings to produce lift..

It appears to me they have taken the orginal models shape.. then modified with flaps, aerofoils etc.. to make it into a R/C plane

This isnt the same as testing the orginal artifact...

If you get what i mean..

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   
ok i'll try again .....
my original post has to do with small 2" models made by the mayans of possible aircraft made of solid gold ok, not about egyptian flying planes,driving tanks and piloting submarines. what im trying to get through ( and not having much luck ) is that, imaging for example your a mayan indian you live in a jungle
the year is 300BC, the most advanced technologys u know about are fishing
nets, dugout canoes, spears, bow and arrows the only metals you know of is gold and copper.....easy to work with, ok you follow so far?... one day this indian is hunting in the jungle he hears an incredible roar coming up the valley and then he see's a gigantic bird fly past really, really fast, 100 times bigger than the biggest condor that he has ever seen and the bird goes past and beyond the horizon, two weeks latter he sees three gigantic birds fly past at an incredible speed, then he promptly goes back to his village and tells the other villagers
they dont believe him so next time he goes hunting he takes other villagers with him and then in the jungle they find one of these massive birds on the ground in a clearing so they sit back watch it to make sure the massive bird does'nt attack and eat them and they all sit back and study it , they then go back to the village and between all the hunters that saw the giant bird & carve a few small copys of it out of gold ... now at this point with all that i have mentioned above do you think the indians all agreed that it was a giant or do you realy think that they all yelled yippy we found a fighter jet lets steal it.... please dont be naive and say they stole the jet cause im sure that no way in hell would they have gotten the thing off the ground let alone get in it. a comparison is like presenting your car to a caveman and the tell him to go for a drive around the forrest with it. now the golden trinket could have been made for religious purposes so as to appease the gods and not make them angry be cause as you all know that if the god ar angry the annual rains wont come and god know if that happens there will be a human sacrifice.....ok people do you now understand how these trinkets may have come to be and im quite sure that if there were aircraft there at that time there had to a mother ship nearby. and please no more posts about them being insects cause insects have the wings on their backs and their legs underneath and you know what the same rule applies to birds only modern jet aircraft have their wings under the fuselage with a few exceptions

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why is this a hard scenario to take in. Those do not look liek fish. there is not a single scale anywhere on them to represent them being there. If the sculpture was to make a fish, the scales would be there, at least in a few small patches so soem could be seen from all angles to make it appear as such. Do not fib yourselves, you all know what you are looking at

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Why is this a hard scenario to take in. Those do not look liek fish. there is not a single scale anywhere on them to represent them being there. If the sculpture was to make a fish, the scales would be there, at least in a few small patches so soem could be seen from all angles to make it appear as such. Do not fib yourselves, you all know what you are looking at

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by THIseNdsnowoldKings

How you can say that it doent look like a fish but does look like a plane... it's obsurd?

So no scales.. no fish?

no pilot.... no plane?

Well how come they have eyes? Do Planes have Eyes?

Could be fish could be a plane i reckon more than likely it's a fish....

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
ancient mayans were familiar with glass wind screens?

sorry mate i dont go for the fish story

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
No worries mate, i thought i had you convinced yesterday though.. ah well....

lol....ok its a fish then or an insect or maybe a bit of both....lol
but you have to admit the rc does fly. ive seen the last pic you put on the thread yeah it does look a bit like a fish

[edit on 10-1-2008 by ST SIR 86]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by ST SIR 86]

Besides i think out of all the evidence you have put forward the Indian descriptions seem to be the most interesting...

Especially the one regarding mercury powered flight,

The Nazi's had a project called the "Bell" little is known about it but it was supposedly to do with anti gravity or at least propolsion of some kind.

and it was powered by mercury...

There is a bit by Nick Cook in the Documentry Ufo's the Secret(hidden) Evidence,

I wonder if the Nazi's got hold of the Indian Description and tried to recreate it....

Then the Allies nicked the Technology and Scientists went to USA.

Made a couple of test flight..............

crashed one........................ then we have Roswell

Found an Article..

www.americanantigravity.com...

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Sandals24]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter
reply to post by Jshock

This is a ridiculous attempt at debunking. Egyptian scribes were trained to communicate with their hieroglyphics. How can you read hieroglyphics superimposed on each other? This would make them unreadable to whom they wanted to communicate! And to state that the Egyptians didn't claim to have flying machines is false. The stories of their gods such as Horus, the FALCON GOD, are replete with descriptions of Horus defeating his enemies in his flying machine that had lights that could change from red to blue and back to red. In fact the ancient Egyptians, on their holidays, would visit the BEN BEN SHRINE, just as how modern Americans visit the Smithsonian to view with awe the space vehicles of our heroes. You see, the BEN BEN was the flying machine that brought their gods to earth, and was housed in their Smithsonian for tourists to view!

And like the Ben Ben there is also the ever-present obelisk-like SHEM from which Shemr or Sumer got its name- so common were the columns of smoke and the darts on top of said pillars that it became the name of the region.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ST SIR 86

Sure, the Anunnaki were all over the globe. 300 B.C.? More like a copy from a 3000 B.C. artifact that was crumbling.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sandals24

Originally posted by universalconsciousness
check it out!!

It appears to me they have taken the orginal models shape.. then modified with flaps, aerofoils etc.. to make it into a R/C plane This isnt the same as testing the orginal artifact...
If you get what i mean..

I don't know what you mean. The artifacts were created from metal - How were they to fly and turn? Should they not have given the models an engine either

You can debate this either way. The artifacts look like fish and planes. The No Scale issue is a strong point though. The cockpit area has a strong arguement for me as well. Fish are sleek.. planes have cockpits similar to where the artifacts have cockpit areas.

Maybe the Bermuda triangle legends are linked. Example of a famous one is where a guy is supposed to be landing his plane on an island soon. he radios the airport and says he has land visible yet the airport can'e see him. Also the pilot recognizes nothing on the island as being an airport. How does that work? Where did he go since after those transmissions the plane and pilot disappeared? He flew back in time and cruised by the guy that made the artifacts of course!

b

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

ok i'll try again .....
... one day this indian is hunting in the jungle he hears an incredible roar coming up the valley and then he see's a gigantic bird fly past really, really fast, 100 times bigger than the biggest condor that he has ever seen and the bird goes past and beyond the horizon, two weeks latter he sees three gigantic birds fly past at an incredible speed, then he promptly goes back to his village and tells the other villagers...

This is an interesting story. Okay I would consider lending my believability if there was any mention in their records in their glyphs. Since there are many many many glyphs that they produced, does any of them even mentioned something closey resembling your story in particular?

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

The story gets quite a bit wrong, and underscores a problem that I've always had with these kinds of claims. I think it's kind of impossible to draw any conclusions about these flying fish/jet/charms if you know little about the people who created them. The peoples of Central and South America were extremely diverse, sophisticated and technologically advanced for their time. They weren't simple peoples.

The artifacts themselves are probably South American in origin, or by a non-Mayan people living in Central America. Some of the design and stylizations look more indicative of the Calima culture (modern day Columbia) than anything else. They're also only around 1,000 - 1,500 years old. Calima art is very highly stylized, it wouldn't surprise me if this really is a flying fish.

I wonder if some far flung race of peoples will think of our leavings when they dig them up in the distant future? Will they take the time to understand us before claiming that a simple Garfield shrinky dink is a model of a warp drive?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Hellbender_Sandwich]

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Hellbender_Sandwich]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by universalconsciousness

Big deal, something that is more or less like a bird or an airplane can be recreated and made to fly.

Have you seen the flying lawnmower?

When we know how to do it, it's easy to make things fly.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Though its probably just coincidence that its shaped like a plane you never know. Previous poster made a good point when he said if they could fly, why carve it to preserve it over time obviously they would have better ways to save it, perhaps like a 10mega pixel digit photo not to be greedy but jpg would be great. Maybe saved on a compact disk or something. Regardless reason im posting is cause you referred to egypts being able to create pyramids that we could not replicate.

I hate to break it to you, but not only could they be built again but they know exactly how they were built back then with all basic tools. The only thing that possibly stops us from creating a replica is that we dont have 100,000 people to work for several years straight to build a pointless building.

Walking fox

1/ your trying to tell me is that a web site that has a spelling mistake in it
has no credibility.

2/ please tell me how many birds have you seen with delta wings and a rudder for turning....oh please.......look if a myan that lived 1000 years before you, carved out a winged object out of gold it must because he or she saw it possibly on the ground or flying, however in any case myan gold carvings are among the very best ancient art on the planet im quite sure that birds were around back then if they needed to carve out a bird out of gold it would look like a bird with feathers and not like an aircraft....ok.

3/ back then in Egypt they were a very smart race if you don't believe me then
explain the pyramids with an accuracy in civil engineering that still cant be duplicated by modern standards. so if theres a carving of a rocket in a 3000year old gold mine well then i guess there must have been a real one there abouts and i as far as i know the first people to do testing with rockets of that size were the nazi's in ww2

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have only one question about those gold objects:

How were they supposed to be used?

As far as I know (after a little search on the Internet), most objects like those were pendants, and if that was the case, then they were made to be used on the vertical and not on the horizontal.

I have found during my quick search a very interesting site (for those that interested in this type of object, regardless of what it represents), where they have some objects relatively similar to those two.

The site is The Pre-columbian Gold Exhibits Presented by McGuinness Publishing

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join