It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Execution caught on tape?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Execution caught on tape?

www.cnn.com

CNN is reporting an execution is caught on tape by an unmanned drone flying over Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Who is being executed here? Should we be seeing this or is the military planning on taking it further? I do not know what to think of this video. I guess it is there way of showing us and Iraqi's that Al-Qaeda is a threat even though both we and the Iraqis are well aware of that. How do we even know that this video isn't a military exercise that they are using fro propaganda. If they are going to show us, let's see the detailed versions they have.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/9/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
CNN don't seem to support firefox - that's interesting. Trying IE.

That link you provided seems to be the latest top vid CNN is showing - i watched the first and saw no apparent execution, went to replay it and got that polar bear story.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Now_Then]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
there is sure a lot of talk about issues that the video can no way support.

Who is in the video and what does it have to do with iraqi politics?

That kill was personal, you can tell the way he was swung around that it was not a professional hit. He would have had a hood on if he was just being exicuted.

I say he ripped someone off, or opened his mouth about something he should not have.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That sucks. But I honestly don't see the big deal. People are dying like crazy all over the place.

Of any execution, this was not brutal.

[edit on 9/1/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

That kill was personal, you can tell the way he was swung around that it was not a professional hit. He would have had a hood on if he was just being exicuted.

I agree. I am wondering if we sent anyone in there to investigate.

But I honestly don't see the big deal. People are dying like crazy all over the place.

IMO, the big deal is that the US is always claiming that we are making progress over there. Yet as the video states, they have found five severed heads with a note attached that says if you side with Americans, this is what will happen. Just tired of the BS reporting. Why haven't they showed videos like this before now? Seems like a ploy to scare Iraqis into siding with the US just like they scare us with the terrorist threat levels.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I can't see what your on about!! - I watch the link - i get a vid about the race for the whitehouse showing some stock footage - an advert for a suzuki bike and a story about a polar bear!?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Who cares about some drone watching an execution of Iraqis. You can look at videos posted by insurgents executing people practically 5 feet away.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy
[more

So why is the military showing this to the public then? What is their point?

I use firefox and works fine for me. Try just going to CNN homepage and looking under their video section. The video is called Execution caught on tape. You may have to wait a few seconds as they show ads in between their video clips. Doesn't take long though.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Who cares about some drone watching an execution of Iraqis. You can look at videos posted by insurgents executing people practically 5 feet away.

So? what's your point?

Anyway what interests me is who are the people in this video and who is getting killed?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

It does for me
. As far as the video goes, the color of the video makes it impossible, for me at least, to distinguish a supposed terrorist from a US soldier. What I am trying to say is, who made the call that these are terrorists? They bad guys in the video can very well be US soldiers committing evil acts. Of course, if the latter were the case, though, I am sure it wouldn't be on CNN
. I wonder if there is a color version available (probably not, as I am sure the this particular UAV used night vision and/or heat vision.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Okay finally seen the vid -

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Anyway what interests me is who are the people in this video and who is getting killed?

Good point - you will prob never know... for all you can see that little episode could of been staged to prove a point, could of even been a field near to where you live and that could of been your friendly local drug dealer playing with his other drug dealer friends. From the amount shown very little can be assumed - your left to ponder on the way it's presented.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I wonder if there is a color version available (probably not, as I am sure the this particular UAV used night vision and/or heat vision.

For some reason I thought I had seen on the TV show Weaponology that UAV's were capable of showing video in any of those options. There has to be a color version somewhere. I would say it looks like thermal imaging but very basic being in black and white. Going to half to look at other reports on this one I think. Maybe there will be more insight soon.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
For some reason I thought I had seen on the TV show Weaponology that UAV's were capable of showing video in any of those options. There has to be a color version somewhere. I would say it looks like thermal imaging but very basic being in black and white. Going to half to look at other reports on this one I think. Maybe there will be more insight soon.

Yup. The point is that we can't merely conclude that these are the famous terrorists that we have all been hearing about lately. Sure, what is shown in the video is horrible, but we cannot make the assumption that what occurred is because of terrorists (unless there is more to the story that I have not seen, I haven't seen much by the way).

[edit on 9-1-2008 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
As previously stated in this thread, what is the point of releasing this video? Are they trying to convince us that the Iraqis are animals.. I bet if they flew a drone over NYC they would see a lot worse. This is just another piece of propaganda in the US governments fear campaign.

new topics

top topics

join