It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul to appear on next fox debate!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
LOL
Fox has had to give in and invite Ron Paul to the next debate thursday night.

www.myrtlebeachonline.com...

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, U.S. Sen. John McCain of Arizona, U.S. Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, former Massachussetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former U.S. Sen. Fred Thompson of Tennessee have all accepted their invitations, said Rob Godfrey, spokesman for the state Republican Party.

Guess it isn't really a gop debate if the gop pulls support. Looks like fox news learned their lesson.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well, it's not really up to FOX who they invite or don't invite. The debate regulations say that if you have placed in the top five in the previous primaries or have garnered at least 5% national support, then you are invited.

Stop trying to blame Ron Paul not doing like you thought he would on FOX news or anything else. The only reason Paul isn't getting the votes you and others thought he would is because he's cooky. The same reasons I, and others here have told you.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ron Paul is cooky? I think the only people that are cooky are those who don't realize he is the best candidate. If you think Ron Paul is such a crazy man, who are you voting for and why? I am voting Ron Paul because I believe the gold standard should be re-instated. This will stop inflation and give us a solid monetary unit. More inflation means more money is being taken from the Middle Class and sent right to Wall Street Executives. If Ron Paul ISNT elected, the Middle Class will cease to exist within 5-10 years, the rich will become super rich, and the rest of us will become wage slaves.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The gold-standard would do nothing to improve whatever situation you feel we are in.

In short, you don't get anything out of a gold standard that you didn't bring with you. If your government is a credible steward of the money supply, you don't need it; and if it isn't, it won't be able to stay on it long anyway. (See Argentina's dollar peg). Meanwhile, the limitations on the government's ability to respond to fiscal crises, the necessity of defending against speculative attacks in times of crises, and the possibility of independent changes in the relative price of gold, make your economy more unstable. It's a terrible idea, which is why there are so few economists willing to raise their voices in support of it.

And please stop with all the doom and gloom. The middle class isn't going anywhere in 5-10 years. The world isn't going to end, and millions of Americans aren't going to flee the country. (Seems I remember hearing these same sort of alarmist comments about 4 years ago)

Just relax. Ron Paul is NOT the second coming of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Well then Nyk. Can you answer my question? Who are you voting for and why are you voting that way? The thing about gold standard is that gold will never go down in price. You can't print gold. You can easily print dollars, though. This would assure you that if you have, say, $10, it is going to be worth $10 in a year, possibly even more. Give the American Dollar some solid value again!

top topics

join