It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"He was born in a stable,
In an obscure village,
From there he traveled,
Less than 200 miles.

He never won an election,
He never went to college,
He never had a lot of money.

He became a nomadic preacher,
Popular opinion turned against Him,
He was betrayed by a close friend,
And His other friends ran away.

He was unjustly condemned to death,
Crucified on a cross among common thieves,
On a hill overlooking the town dump,
And when dead, laid in a borrowed grave.

Nineteen centuries have come and gone,
Empires have risen and fallen,
Mighty armies have marched,
And powerful rulers have reigned.

Yet no one has affected men as much as He,
He is the central figure of the human race,
He is the Messiah, the Son of God,
JESUS CHRIST."

I got this poem from a card with Jesus' picture on the front and the poem was on the back. I don't know who the author is but thanks for writing it. I hope you all enjoy it, especially the Christians.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by thehumbleone]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing it.

God Bless.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Why is Jesus wearing a shirt with a burning cross on it? It looks kind of dumb. He has nice hair though.....

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jtb2008

I believe it's called a "Sacred Heart". It's a popular Catholic theme in photos.

Nice poem thehumbleone.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Thanks guys. I had actually made this post a while back, it's funny that it just got replies now.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

1: i hate that depiction of jesus...seriously, it's not really all that anthropologically accurate
at all

2: "Yet no one has affected men as much as He,"
that's highly arguable.

3: "He is the central figure of the human race," that's just not true... he's not even a footnote in the lives of 50% of it, he's the primary figure of the biggest religion with about 2 billion followers and a secondary figure in a religion with about 1 billion... and he's only been in focus for the last 2000 or so years.
i'm quite sure more people have known of the avatars of vishnu than have none of jesus throughout history.
this is the sad state of cultural isolationism

4: also, from a point of view just examining the poetry, tis not a good poem. i've read some wonderful religious poems, but this one just seems derivative

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Being anthropologically accurate isn’t necessary. If you were Christian you would understand. Its just a reminder of his presence and sacrifice. I have a beautiful picture of Jesus as a Native American, and even though it's no where near anthropologically accurate it is still a heart warming image.

Although it may be true that other men such as politicians and other religious leaders may affect the lives of many men. there have been more professed Christians than any other single belief.

This was just supposed to be his way of sharing something beautiful with us. It was not meant to start a debate. There are plenty of rooms on ats to take your Christian bashing, but this isn’t one of them.

There is no doubt that the most self-righteous, and zealous of all beliefs is atheism. Most modern Christians understand other people believe differently and let it go, but an atheist won’t stop until you believe what he does. Grow up, get a life, and let it go! No one of any real faith will ever listen to you.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Squiddypuff

That was the best post I've read in a long time.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very nice humble!

We got to get you into the writing circuit around here - stories, poems, etc.

I want to see more of your creative side.

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Yea t picture is beautiful.....

and squiddy puff, the reason this happens and the post like goerge carlin, goofy nonsense.. is because of their insecurities....

If God is real...than they will have to bow down and live a spiritual lifestyle....

but for Carlan, well, hes just a goofy old man with no understanding at all.......

anyways good poem...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

So if someone doesn't agree with your view on "God" and life, they are insecure, and have no understanding at all???
Right....

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I hope people aren't going to derail the thread.

You know what the OP spoke to me about?

"Yes Ducky...please tell us."

"Don't mind if I do....thanks!"

I see humble presenting his thoughts, and what he cares about; in order to share with the rest of us in BTS.

It basically wasn't open to major critism by any means. He's sharing his thoughts/feelings; showing how much something means to him, without so much as attacking anyone else; let alone their beleifs and/or belief systems.

That's all it is folks...

This isn't a 'shooting duck gallery'. Leave that one for me...I can hold my own pretty good...thankyou very much.

Humble? I'd love to hear more of your poems!

IN FACT...I want to see you write stories, and post your thoughts more often!

You don't have to be afraid to post your thoughts. You and I both know, as long as you adhere to the TOC's, and maintain a civil attitude, respecting others, there is NO reason why you should feel that you have to not post much on the boards.

Carry on my wayward son...

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

join