It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious Blizzards in Central Asia unprecedented

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Deadly blizzards bring Asia chaos

Heavy snow and bitterly cold weather have caused scores of deaths and major disruption in parts of Iran, Afghanistan, Central Asia and Pakistan.

Some areas have seen snow for the first time in years, with people struggling to keep warm in sub-zero temperatures amid power shortages.

In Iran, heavy snow over recent days has seen eight people frozen to death after being trapped in their cars.

Tens of thousands of other motorists were rescued from their vehicles.

Some desert areas in Iran reported snowfalls for the first time in living memory.

But other countries in the region have been suffering similar problems.

Seems to me like there is some rather strange and unprecedented weather being reported from around the globe. More so than I can remember in any given year.

Could this be climate change? Or is this just a freak occurrence?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not climate change or freak wheather....I really do beleive the US is employing weather weapons in these areas to test their effectiveness. Im sure we will be seeing more of it this year because there was a recent article I read, sorry got no source at the moment but it said that HAARP had become "publicly and offcially" operational only recently, and with the defence department investing huge amounts into it, Im sure they wuld something out of it too.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I chalk up most of these unprecedented events to better news coverage and weather reporting. I think very little of it is actually historic or actually unusual. If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it the tree still makes a sound :-)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
ok, whatever the reasons, how are the troops? are they equipped for this kind of weather? by troops, i specifically mean the british, since i know someone who was sent to afghanistan the weekend just gone, so thats a worry for me. i have heard a lot about troops being ill-equipped for fighting, but i assume they are prepared for the weather??? anyone know?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I believe it must relate to some kind of rotation/shift of the earth. Seems like North America is shifting to the south while Eurasia is moving to the north. If it keeps going then Russia will end up owning the North Pole after all.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral
ok, whatever the reasons, how are the troops? are they equipped for this kind of weather? by troops, i specifically mean the british, since i know someone who was sent to afghanistan the weekend just gone, so thats a worry for me. i have heard a lot about troops being ill-equipped for fighting, but i assume they are prepared for the weather??? anyone know?

I saw HAARP made a pretty quick entry into this discussion.

On that basis I would venture the opinion some troops are... and some are not.

posted on Jan, 18 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

we actually have moved instead of the north pole being at 12 on a clock its now at 10. So yes we are tipping a bit arent we. People in Texas are already seeing the sun coming up almost in the North instead of in the West.

Hilda

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hildar
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

we actually have moved instead of the north pole being at 12 on a clock its now at 10. So yes we are tipping a bit arent we. People in Texas are already seeing the sun coming up almost in the North instead of in the West.

Hilda

Just curious,

but if this were true, where is the news articles and the people freakin out about it cause I know if I noticed the sun rising in the NORTH as opposed to the east where it has been all my life, I'd be a little worried and start tryin to find out what the heck happened.

I'm in Ohio and the sun seems to be rising and setting as normal as ever in regards to direction... why is it only people in Texas have noticed a difference? (Maybe those strange lights they saw have something to do with it?? ) .... ok sorry that was bad but seriously can someone link me to some proof of this change?

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Its not completely rising in the north but it is off. In fact many people here in NC have noticed it and stated it as well. It was in the papers not long ago as well. Of course, the government states its due to the huge earth quake and tsunami that happened off india a few years ago. Supposbly it moved the north pole slightly. Nasa also shows it on one of there pages. And if you do a search here at ATS you will see the discussion about it.

Hilda

Edited to show more info

[edit on 19-1-2008 by hildar]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indy

I disagree with you on this one. I think the world is experiencing some strange weather. Even in the US we have had a record drought in the South East. Here in the North West, we have had hurricane conditions and a tornado both in the same winter. It may not be everywhere, but we are certainly having unusual weather here and from what it sounds like, it is happening all over the world.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hildar

thanks for the reply hildar.

you realize this means I'm gonna have to wake my lazy #$% up EARLY now just to watch and see, AND i'm gonna hafta pay closer attn at sundown. And yes I will be doing a search on ATS for that subject cause you've really peaked my interest now!

TO stay on topic..... strange weather...

I have felt for a few years now that our weather here in Ohio has started to go crazy. For instance just a couple weeks ago... early January and its 70 some degrees and I'm doing my early mornin' work out OUTSIDE.....went downt ot he stadium and ran around the track there instead of going to the gym.... now THAT was odd....

[edit on 1/19/2008 by undiscoveredsoul]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I would like to add an economist perspective. When it is this cold out, even in Minnesota it is -12F right now (colder than Siberia... haha it's just fun to say), That the level of heating oil and natural gas supplies drop considerably, and those that drive their cars get horrid fuel mileage. If we decrease supply across the globe, and demand remains constant, price must increase.

new topics

top topics

join