It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film: Alien Abduction...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Aliens are fake..this one dude on tv said they were fake..i never seen one soon they has to be fakein them..yea hear?

What the # does that mean ??

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Dmsoldier ive got it saved on my hd, but ive only on a 56k dial up connection so it aint worth the time and effort to u send anywhere

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Is this the film that shows video inside of someone's house/cabin and the fridge and other appliances are going haywire... and they show video of Grays walking through the trees and such and at the end the guy is just frozen when he goes into his room and there's a Gray in there? UPN (Television network in North America... no clue if it's anywhere else) showed this on TV years ago... It scared the crap out of me! I was only 13 when I watched it I think. I had screwed up dreams for weeks after that. A year later, UPN showed footage that had "never been seen before" supposedly along with updates and such. Why did this never get much media attention? Besides the two showings on the UPN network, I only recall hearing about this one time on any news broadcast (I watch the news a lot) a couple months after it was shown and people had written in to the news channel (some Seattle station) asking about the film and they talked about it for a couple of minutes. Other than that, I don't recall much of it. I just remember people freaking out in the kitchen, the ice maker going nuts, Grays walking through the woods, people with shotguns, and then the kid being "frozen" at the end of the video. Has this story ever been completely debunked? Or is it real?

[Edited on 2/16/04 by esoteric]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yes thats the film ,ive done searches for it and came up with nothing except the film itself to buy. but its not that well known and somything like that should be everywhere if it really happend , shouldn't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I saw both UPN shows too... If I recall, it was pretty much regarded as a fake by the UFO community at large, as it was obviously footage by professional camera equipment....

Not to mention, those worried about aliens tromping through their house, usually don't worry about getting footage....

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Gazrok,

hmmm, I know a bit about this story but was not the premise that these people had had this experience on several occasions before? Did they not inform the UFO investigators in their area too? Were they not there at that time? My memory on this story is fuzzy but I think some of my comments here are correct.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It was a marketing ploy to sell a movie, pretend it's real just like they did with Blair Witch.
It seems to be working pretty well in the long run, the supposed "mystery" still surrounds it.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
yeah John,

I'm waiting to rent it at my video store like I can the satanic blair witch project film.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Just skip to the 3 brief bits with the aliens which are kind of scary in a "what if" kind of way, the rest is a filthy piece of distended rectum.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Nada,

so they have it at your video store then? I assume they are making mega bucks out of this?

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's on Sky Movies on a weekly basis, as it has been for months. You can't rent it, it was a made for TV film.

www.imdb.com...

Which as I'm sure you know do not generally go for rent or buy.
I'm sure it made a bit of money for Dick Clark Productions, obviously Dick Clarkes production company which produces TV programs and TV movies. You're not really going to make mega bucks off a TV movie though, although I hear the Shannon Tweed ones do quite well.

It's just relied on word of mouth, with some people assuming it's real and telling others. Generally though once people hear the hype and watch the movie they are disappointed.

Where as Blair Witch was an independent film and so could be released theatrically, it went on to make millions so obviously the rumours of it being true quickly disappeared with it's popularity.
With Alien Abduction however it's never going to get bigger off TV so only the few that actually see it can spread the word, as such the rumours of it's realness have lasted much longer, as well as minor campaigns through the internet to pass it off as real.

Check out www.imdb.com for the cast list, some of the actors are kind of half known.

[Edited on 16-2-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yeah, when I first went and saw Blair Witch, it was right after the fake Sci Fi special, so it really blew me away... It was only when I researched it, did I learn it was bogus (and they even had fake internet sites, it was well done....)

Needless to say, I saw it on opening day...

If I had known it was fake, it wouldn't have been near as good or scary...same as the UPN specials....

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yeah, when I first went and saw Blair Witch, it was right after the fake Sci Fi special, so it really blew me away... It was only when I researched it, did I learn it was bogus (and they even had fake internet sites, it was well done....)

Needless to say, I saw it on opening day...

If I had known it was fake, it wouldn't have been near as good or scary...same as the UPN specials....

Exactly man, it's half the fun. The world nearly fell out my arse when I saw the Blair Witch.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yes the footage is real the family has been missing since. only 1 survivor. the man who in the video is carrying the dead alien that they shot survived. there is also extra footage but the u.s Gov. edited the tape to make it less believable. you would think they would just take it but if they took the tape it would make the tape seem defiantly real. but if they edit it, they could make the tape look fake. thats y they say that the tape was with kids and fake phony actors

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
if it's is the film im thingking of then yer it is sooooooo real i dont wanna beleave it but it is there is peaple talking in it and everything and everything is typed by a vidio camra and ant the end some man was talking saying if you have any information and stuff and then a pick of the family and he said that night was the last night that that family was ever seen and send missing and have u seen them and stuff it was like a bigography and my brother was wachin it and even he thought it was real and he is 15 trust me it is real

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Not sure where some of you got your info, but the family IS missing, because they were made up. Pretty hard to find when they don't exsist. I would think the credits at the end would have tipped some people off, not to mention the "555" number to call if you see them.

Anyway, if you'd like to see the original movie, UFO Abduction that the UPN show was a remake of, check out this link.

www.youtube.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
100% fake film NEVER happened
www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MetalHead

check on IMDB it is called Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County (1998)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1
reply to post by MetalHead

check on IMDB it is called Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County (1998)

No, it's not called that. That is the remake. The one I linked to on Youtube is the orginal, made in 1989, called UFO Abduction.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Postal44

Details
USA
Language:
English
Release Date:
20 January 1998 (USA) See more »
Also Known As:
Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape See more »
Filming Locations:
Canada

you are correct as it is a remake as i just checked again.

Dean Alioto and Paul Chitlik remade UFO Abduction in 1998, with a larger budget and professional actors, into Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County. Dean Alioto has since discussed his two films.[3

edit on 22-7-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join