It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film: Alien Abduction...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Has anybody seen the film -
"Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape"?

It is on Sky Movie Max 8 on Friday at 1.05am.

It is supposed to based on some real video footage of an Alien Abduction. I have not seen it, but I am going to on Friday - Well, tape it and watch it in the daytime

Does anybody have some information about this? Is there such a tape? Was it real, or has it been debunked?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
If its the film Im thinking of, its not real. Theres even credits for the aliens at the end.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes I know that...
I even recognise some of the actors... But it was *based* on the footage - it is not meant to be the actual footage.

It could still be a hoax, certainly - but I just want an oppinion other than "the film had credits at the end" - which of course it would have, being a film *about* it.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Aliens are fake..this one dude on tv said they were fake..i never seen one soon they has to be fakein them..yea hear?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalHead
Yes I know that...
I even recognise some of the actors... But it was *based* on the footage - it is not meant to be the actual footage.

It could still be a hoax, certainly - but I just want an oppinion other than "the film had credits at the end" - which of course it would have, being a film *about* it.

Metel head... Why not do a search for "mcpherson tape reviews" on google, or search for it on amazon see what the peeps have to say.

Do you fancy taping it and sending it up north for me? I'll obviously re-imburse you for your costs (vid, p&p etc)

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
Aliens are fake..this one dude on tv said they were fake..i never seen one soon they has to be fakein them..yea hear?

great post brainiac! I'm glad i took the time to read what you had to say. Wasnt a waste of my time at all!

JAmes Hetfield man (cant see what your screen name is now)

try these

www.badmovieplanet.com...

actually.. cant find any decent pages about this, not even sure if this link is about the same thing.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
strange film . i first saw it 6 months back and if this really happened its quite disturbing. worth taping tho

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yeah man and apes that talk are fake too man!

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Has anybody seen the film -
"Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tape"?

It is on Sky Movie Max 8 on Friday at 1.05am.

It is supposed to based on some real video footage of an Alien Abduction. I have not seen it, but I am going to on Friday - Well, tape it and watch it in the daytime

Does anybody have some information about this? Is there such a tape? Was it real, or has it been debunked?

I know exactly what you are talking about man, even the recreation film is difficult to come by. I have never seen any of the original footage that I know of? This case is regarded as a legitimate abduction scenario by many ufologists. Would love to see the original film or even the film depiction again for that matter.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The film is pretty awful, a Blair Witch Project rip off. Although the ending is pretty scary, it's cliched to death and you're not missing much.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Just guy a guy on tv said they were fake doesnt mean its true. Dont trust what you see on tv.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yeah..I have heard of this..is this the one where they are at a cabin? If so, I don't believe the account..it seems way to off-base and wild..but, who knows, it might be crazy for us, but not for them...

-wD

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
does aneybody know ware to get some vid of aney
pat of this story

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
John Nada...

This film [based on real footage] was made *before* Blair Witch, so it's not a 'rip off' of it. Blair Witch may of got the idea from it.

For those wanting footage... I have never seen any footage of it on the Internet (from the based film, or the original footage).

Wait a minute... I just thought of something... What was that massive thread we had a whole ago about, it was about some pictures of an alien abduction... Where the aliens had gotten in some guys house? Is that connected with this story?

We rules the pictures as hoaxes though, but I just had a flash back of it and it sort of connected with the name of this film.
I'll try and get the link the to the thread if no-body knows which one I am talking about.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

John Nada...

This film [based on real footage] was made *before* Blair Witch, so it's not a 'rip off' of it. Blair Witch may of got the idea from it.

I just checked up on this and you're right, it was made first. However Blair Witch was released over here in the UK first so that's how I got my wires crossed, I apologise.

It still doesn't take away from the fact though that the film's a piece of shit.

I'm also surprised that more people have fallen for the great marketing technique of this "film", than they did for the Blair Witch. When Blair Witch first arrived many flocked to see it as a result of rumours, especially on the net, that is was real.
After the hype we all know this not to be true, yet the same techniques were used for this film and people still buy it.
The Marketing people have done their jobs.

Oh, and Blair Witch actually ripped off "The Last Broadcast", which was released just before The McPherson....

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I suppose that makes sense John Nada...

It would be a good marketing technique, and if Blair Witch used it, why not this film? I look at this film a whole different way now, lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This two movies are "rip offs" of an italian movie called Cannibal Holocaust (1980), directed by Ruggero Deodato.

The best cannibal movie to date!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
DarkAvenger...

Is that a good film? Is it creepy sort of movie, or is it all out gore? I am not too keen on all out gore movies.

My local library have a copy of it, so I may rent it out... Give it a go.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkAvenger
This two movies are "rip offs" of an italian movie called Cannibal Holocaust (1980), directed by Ruggero Deodato.

The best cannibal movie to date!

Yeah it is a very similar style, although I don't think it was a great flick. I got the pleasure to actually see Cannibal Holocaust on the cinema though, that was a treat.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
hey, when you tape it, find a way to convert it to a video file so we can see too

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join