It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Global Warming?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonPaulLastHope4America
They want us to believe there is no global warming? Then SOMEONE please tell me WHY the past 3 days in NJ it's been above 60 degrees (at one point pushing 70).

Because global warming is determined by the average temperature across the whole planet over a period of years (decades)

Now, if such conditions persist for the next 30 years you may be experiencing global warming. Otherwise it's just what we meteorologist call weather - which means regardless of global warming or global cooling different places experience different extremes of weather all the time. And have done for the past 4,500,000,000 years

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I dont know about the whole natural disaster thing. It is known that storms at the moment are becoming less frequent but more severe, I dont know if thats what you mean.

For you, if the person you were responding to isn't talking about storms and such:

Earthquakes in the Himalayas follow the seasons

Might be a similar mechanism at work with other earth movements elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
On a weather programme last week (BBC) they stated that the average temperature index remains constant for 10 years and that the average is only calculated over the previous 30 year statistics. At the moment the average temps used are the mean average from 1970 to 2000. In 2011 they will use the average from 1980 to 2010. That period will be the average temp used for the following 10 years. I don't consider that to be very accurate. Of course they use whatever is on their data base if the Govt want to screw us for more Green Taxes.
In this part of the world (UK) the summer temp struggles to melt an ice cream before you can eat it, that's if it warm enough to buy the thing in the first place.
I agree the temp in winter is pretty mild, good job too because the country grinds to a halt if it gets anywhere near a minus C reading.

<< 1   >>

join