It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Global Warming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They want us to believe there is no global warming? Then SOMEONE please tell me WHY the past 3 days in NJ it's been above 60 degrees (at one point pushing 70). BTW the average temperture for NJ in the month on January is 29 degrees..

"you better stop
hey what's that sound
everybody look what's going down"- Buffalo Springfield

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RonPaulLastHope4America

Have they broken recorded tempatures daily?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonPaulLastHope4America
They want us to believe there is no global warming?

I believe that the current buzzword is "Climate Change".

Last week, every state in the Continental US had a local that was 20 degrees or colder.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I am still 50/50 on global warming.

I have a suspicion that the earth goes through long periods of cooling and warming. I dont think we can tell if global warming is occuring or not because accurate climate records dont go back far enough, only a hundred and fifty years ago at the most.

Still though I guess it is plausible but its not confirmed that it is occuring

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RonPaulLastHope4America

So thats all it now takes to make something scientifically true?

New Jersey = Warm
...so it stands to reason that...
Globe = WarmING

My biggest issue with all this laymen climatology is that they talk about warm weather and warming climates as though the two are related. The same is true for the other side of the fence where they associate cool summer days as proof against global warming.

The truth is global warming could still be happening even if it snows in July and global warming could still be a load of bullocks even if flowers are budding in January.

We do all of mankind a great disservice when we attempt to simplify a complex scientific issue in an effort to appeal to emotion and common-sense instead of logic and facts.

I'm talking to *you* Mr. Gore.

Jon

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

I have a suspicion that the earth goes through long periods of cooling and warming. I dont think we can tell if global warming is occuring or not because accurate climate records dont go back far enough, only a hundred and fifty years ago at the most.

I certainly agree with you. I DO believe the earth goes through cycles as well. I DO however think that these periods do come with natural disasters. Not to mention if IT IS a cycle, our harmful emissions can't be helping the situation.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

i agree with OZ, although I dont believe in 2012 polar shift, i think in time the earth rotation does change up a bit, not enough to end the world but to adjust to its axis and own rotation

its like getting old and like molting in a way if you will

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonPaulLastHope4America
I certainly agree with you. I DO believe the earth goes through cycles as well. I DO however think that these periods do come with natural disasters. Not to mention if IT IS a cycle, our harmful emissions can't be helping the situation.

I dont know about the whole natural disaster thing. It is known that storms at the moment are becoming less frequent but more severe, I dont know if thats what you mean. And yeah, I do agree that we could be having an impact on the time it takes for the cycle to change

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
All true. Weather is changing everywhere and it is not purely the result of industrialisation. Oz, you are right about the cycles and we have no real idea about the length of the cycles only seasonal short term cycles. Also has anyone taken into account that Mars and Venus temps have also been rising of late?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
All true. Weather is changing everywhere and it is not purely the result of industrialisation. Oz, you are right about the cycles and we have no real idea about the length of the cycles only seasonal short term cycles. Also has anyone taken into account that Mars and Venus temps have also been rising of late?

does anyone here keep up on solar flares?

when? where? how much? kinda thing?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Not just Mars and Venus. I actually read a NASA article from a few years back that I need to look for. Almost every planet in our solar system is displaying chaotic and unpredictable weather. I'm at a loss. It's hard to know whats going on when we have such a biased media who don't tell us what REALLY is going on. Oh well, I guess were gunna find out.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil

does anyone here keep up on solar flares?

when? where? how much? kinda thing?

Interesting article on solar flares... The sun is set to reach the solar max in either 2011 or 2012 according to NASA science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It's pretty hard to base global warming on it being hot in NJ.....
Otherwise though I am not 100% sure whether it is real or not because I oculd easily see this being a climate cycle.

There is also topics started somewhere around here that talk about scientists saying a global cooling is somewhere over the horizon.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlitzKrieger
It's pretty hard to base global warming on it being hot in NJ.....
Otherwise though I am not 100% sure whether it is real or not because I oculd easily see this being a climate cycle.

There is also topics started somewhere around here that talk about scientists saying a global cooling is somewhere over the horizon.

Like I said, I agree with climates running in cycles. Living in NJ my whole life however, I have noticed the weather change DRASTICALLY over the past I'd say 3-4 years. I remember getting MULTIPLE (over 5-7) snowstorms with up to 3 feet of snow, and this winter 1 snowfall of 3 inches. Last year, we got snow maybe once or twice. Summers are lasting longer as well. I MYSELF, think we may be in for a polar flip (something scientists say is long overdue), and I personally think this may be a contributing factor to the wild and wacky weather.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
has anyone compiled a list of ALL the "unusual" weather from recent times? i'm not suggesting that someone does, necessarily, but wondering if it has been done. i agree we can't take a few days weather in NJ to represent the worlds' climate, but somewhere surely there are statistics that are slightly more global? just wondering.

i currently hold the belief that we're still coming out of an ice age, and therefore it's gonna get hotter.... i'm sure the way we consume our planets resources is pretty disgraceful, but we clearly don't have a solution, or wouldn't we have done something?! but if we're worrying about it, has it not occurred to anyone that we'll get another ice age.... i mean, ok it's gonna get hot, but it's also gonna cool down again.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My teach showed me a picture of Florida showing land changes over the last ten thousand years, well before industrialization. Florida is actually about two thirds smaller now than it was ten thousand years ago, and it's been a gradual increase over time, with the seas rising.
Interesting how they found this out to, they used Native American site who has built on the coast at the time.
Wish i could find the site he got the image from, I'll ask him tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well Hamilton, Ontario has been about 10 degrees the past couple of days. It should be in the minus after January. We had one big drop of snow and the rest was just nice weather, mixed in with some snow. Every few days it changes from hot to cold. I want some snow damnit!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Well Hamilton, Ontario has been about 10 degrees the past couple of days. It should be in the minus after January. We had one big drop of snow and the rest was just nice weather, mixed in with some snow. Every few days it changes from hot to cold. I want some snow damnit!

That's how I feel with the snow, even though I hate it... Seeing some snow would ease some worry, i wont hold my breath though.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

I believe that the current buzzword is "Climate Change".

Last week, every state in the Continental US had a local that was 20 degrees or colder.

Man, it's called global warming. You know it, i know it, hell, even Pres. Bush(:dn
knows it, and everyone else who says it's not knows. We need to stop covering up the whole Global Warming tihng and be realistic. If we face the facts, we may be able to fix it. But hiding the entire world population from the facts won't work. It's like the Area 51 and aliens thing. I won't go into detail, since this isn't the right forum, but they know Area 51 exists. They know aliens exist (most likely) and they probably have captured some alien tech (most likely) and captured the aliens themself (most likely). Anyway, Global Warming is here and we need to stop hiding from it and fix it.
Bush....

Don't get me started on aliens and Area 51....

Or Bush....

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
we run hot and cold

acuf.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join