It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zepplin's "Stairway" about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Hello,
I am a long time reader on the ATS forums, and a first time poster. As we rapidly approach 2012, it seems more and more people are starting to think "the end", or "the end" as we know it is near. After 3 days of SPRING weather in NY (60 degrees+), I am starting to believe some serious events are going to start happening soon. Anyway, everytime I hear Led Zepplins, "Stairway to Heaven", I get the feeling that it is a message to us. I strongly believe music is sometimes inspired by greater powers that be. Other examples of songs out now: "Waiting on the World to Change", "Look How Far We've Come". Are these songs inspired by a 'higher conciousness"?

Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven"

"There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
And when she gets there she knows if the stores are closed
With a word she can get what she came for"

It seems like the "lady" is a higher power that looks over us that is going to return. She will know that it is time when "the stores are closed", could be a reference to the economic collapse of the US/world.

"There's a sign on the wall but she wants to be sure
And you know sometimes words have two meanings
In a tree by the brook there's a songbird who sings
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven"

Not sure about the first 2 lines, any thoughts? The 2nd two lines, I take as nature crying out to us to stop. Our thoughts are sometimes there, but we really don't do anything to change.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west
And my spirit is crying for leaving
In my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
And the voices of those who stand looking"

This happens to be one of my favorite parts. The world is looking at the west (United States), and is crying for change. "In my thoughts".... A reference maybe to mass forest fires/destruction. "Those who stand Looking".... The watchers in the sky perhaps?

"And it's whispered that soon, if we all call the tune
Then the piper will lead us to reason
And a new day will dawn for those who stand long
And the forest will echo with laughter"

The piper perhaps will be a leader/E.T. intervention who will show us the way? A new day will dawn for those who stand long (those living after the cataclysm). Not too sure what the forest will echo with laughter refers to.

"Yes there are two paths you can go by
but in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on

Your head is humming and it won't go in case you don't know
The piper's calling you to join him
Dear lady can't you hear the wind blow and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind"

There are two choices we can make. One is to stick to our materalistic society, OR make the decision for change.

"And as we wind on down the road
Our shadows taller than our soul
There walks a lady we all know
Who shines white light and wants to show
How everything still turns to gold
And if you listen very hard
The tune will come to you at last
When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Woe oh oh oh oh oh
And she's buying a stairway to heaven"

"As we wind on down the road"... As we rapidly approach the end. "Our shadows..." Our egos/society taller then our soul. "When all are one and one is all"... Many have claimed that we are ALL connected, and maybe in 2012 we will realize it. "To be a rock and not to roll"- To make the right choices and to STICK with them, not to roll down the hill like OUR SOCIETY is doing today.

I look foward to hearing you imput! I am not claiming this is definitly the song's meaning, just the way I see the song. What are your thoughts?

[edit on 9-1-2008 by RonPaulLastHope4America]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RonPaulLastHope4America

no

its only rock n roll but i like it, like it, yes i do

the stones said it best

lol i just had to

[edit on 9-1-2008 by MurderCityDevil]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RonPaulLastHope4America

Murdercitydevil nailed it! I do like your interpretation though. Somewhat more prophetic than some of the Nostradamus interpretations I have seen in the past.

With regards to your weather observations, I would like to see your thoughts on my posts "Noticed any changes lately"

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

also zepplin read about the occult, read into mythology and even into tolkien

but that doesnt mean its prophetic

its like astrology, sometimes its so vague and broad you can almost pinpoint it to any thing

i could probably break stairway to heaven down in a dennys at 4 am after a bar and wonder what i should have eggs or french toast and apply it to that song

but i wont, i hate dennys anyway

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Interesting interpretation. From a conspiracy standpoint, are you interested in the meaning of the song forward or backward? Is the backwards masking intentional, or just over agressive imagination by some? Is it coincidence?

Did they steal parts of the song beginning from the song Taurus? Was this intentional? Years later did a well intending, impressionable Vanilla Ice only follow their example?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I guess we are all connected in some way on this site, you seem to be getting the same feelings as I am with the future and it shows.

I posted this on BTS chit chat the other day and if you notice at the bottom I listed the song as a lasting memory lying in a desert looking at the stars, check out what I posted:

What do you want to do?????????

Hey ATSers,
If you have one year left in your present skin and given the chance to fulfill your dreams, what do you want to do before it's all over ????

I would go on a one year cash & treasures trip around America in an RV.

Just think camping out under the stars in a desert or laying on a beach somewhere on either coast of America or play in some snow somewhere.

Using a metal detector for meteorites or old civil war jewelry. Panning for gold in the west or sifting for sharks teeth in Florida. Digging for diamonds or emeralds in the appalatchian mountains, whatever there is to be discovered.

Visiting Roswell or being a gate crasher at area 51 or searching for big foot or the abominable snowman as side trips.

Searching for any kind of treasures, wherever you end up at that moment in time and using whatever you find to pay for your needs and pleasures of the trip.

This would be my idea of truly enjoying my last year in this skin

a few more to do's popped up, like searching for the best pizza made in America, lol, this sounds good to say, "MADE IN AMERICA", try it, drive fast on an open highway, listen to "Stairway to Heaven in that desert under the stars or Southern Man sitting on that deserted beach.

gwhint

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound like a conspiracy theorist or the like, it's just the feeling I get. I feel like we are near the end of our present way of living. Sycronoties are happening to me all the time, and sometimes its eerie. The world seems so fake. It almost seems like a horribly scripted movie. I could be wrong, but something great (?) I think is going to happen over the next 4 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The Stairway To Heaven was first presented in Belfast on March 5, 1971. It is one of the most popular R&R songs ever.

Although it has never been done as a single it was #37 in the UK and #13 in New Zealand in November 2007 on the singles chart. This was possible by Internet downloading.

During the early 70's many songs had hidden meanings concerning popular illegal activities. The FCC rules at that time forbade certain subjects from being broadcast to the public. This song was believed to be one of those songs.

When the song first became popular my husband and I were members of a band that played at night clubs. Stairway To Heaven was the most requested song we played. I used the clarinet in place of the flute that was in the original composition. We have been divorced many years but still get together to jam with fellow musicians and we always play this song.

Long live rock and roll.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
The Stairway To Heaven was first presented in Belfast on March 5, 1971. It is one of the most popular R&R songs ever.

Although it has never been done as a single it was #37 in the UK and #13 in New Zealand in November 2007 on the singles chart. This was possible by Internet downloading.

During the early 70's many songs had hidden meanings concerning popular illegal activities. The FCC rules at that time forbade certain subjects from being broadcast to the public.

When the song first became popular my husband and I were members of a band that played at night clubs. Stairway To Heaven was the most requested song we played. I used the clarinet in place of the flute that was in the original composition. We have been divorced many years but still get together to jam with fellow musicians and we always play this song.

Long live rock and roll.

This is my point. "Stairway to Heaven" is one of the most reconizable and widly known songs of "our time". It's (in my opinion) a beautiful song, and I have a strong feeling it pertains to us and our time. Then again, what do I know? This is just what my intuition tells me. Some may agree, most probably won't. All I know is we're in for a ride over the next few years.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

this is absolute nonsense..´only rock´n roll..´

art can safe your live, man..

you wont know..

the thing is with lyrics and lyrics of spcial songs, even the auhor uses this medium to express his/her feelings/thoughts..the listener alsways is invited to interprete that, but there is always more than on meaning/message.

and additional, every time has its own secrets, meanings..

top topics

join