It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future oil shortage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
A friend gave me the following site www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net....

"In practical terms, this means that if 2000 was the year of Peak Oil, worldwide oil production in the year 2020 will be the same as it was in 1980. However, the world's population in 2020 will be both much larger (by approximately 200%) and much more industrialized than it was in 1980. Consequently, worldwide demand for oil will outpace the worldwide production of oil by a significant margin."

It's a pretty good read however I'm not sure if it's true, so I was hoping to get your oppinions on it

Sorry for the repost.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by phayce]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Its pretty sad that the world could go under just because of OIL. Stupid capitalistic multinational companies..

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
We should start a company that steals oil and saves it for itsself when ever the supply finally runs out...You pay to get in..and then you get your supply later on when ever the world runs out..We send mercinaries around the world stealing and killing getting as much oil as possible..then we sell tickets for the oil in case the "public" supply runs out..then once the public supply runs out and the people want their oil for the tickets they bought..we laugh and keep all the oil and money for ourselves..and then start our on warlord type government..and rule our particular area of the world.

or find another source of energy...

which ever

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
wasn't the simple life easier than now.....

With all the Tech. we have to make our lives easier, our life has become more complicated.

We need to get back to basics and then we will be ok.

All this clutter is making our lives more complicated.

I bet there are many people our there that wouldn't know how to start a fire without any kind of lighting fluid or even a lighter.

We lost the idea of farming and growing your own food.

Our homes are bad also....

no proper wood burning fireplaces to keep warm...

Oil........we are so dependent on it its sick.......

the list goes on and on....

thats my 2 cents....

new topics

top topics

join