It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much would it cost to create a drone to visit moon?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It is my strong belief that NASA, or some other black budget space program, HAS made contact with EBEs on the darkside of the moon.

Now, would it be possible for average citizens to actually create their OWN drone to survey the moon?

How much would such a project cost? Is it even legal in the States?

Anyone have any idea on how the technology would work?

Well, just curious
. I, by no means, have the budget nor knowledge to even begin to put such a project together

jra

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous-User

There is no reason why you can't develop and build your own probe/lander as long as you have the money to do it. The tricky part is launching it. Either you spend tons of money building your own rocket (which would really add to your budget) or you try to find some one who could launch it for you.

But again, there is no reason why you can't do this, if you know what you're doing. There's also an X-prize challenge for landing a rover on the Moon. www.googlelunarxprize.org...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous-User

the whole thing for me is all the radiation and everything with the van allen belt and the claim of NASA having special suits to be capable of the moons temp

I think i went a little too off topic

I think the figure of money and controls is just to ridiculous to actually do a DIY kind of thing

join