It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: Bill Richardson Drops Out of Democratic Presidential Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

AP: Bill Richardson Drops Out of Democratic Presidential Race

youdecide08.foxnews.com

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson ended his campaign for the presidency Wednesday after twin fourth-place finishes that showed his impressive credentials could not compete with his rivals’ star power.

Richardson planned to announce the decision Thursday, according to two people close to the governor with knowledge of the decision. They spoke on a condition of anonymity in advance of the governor’s announcement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So the Democrat with the most diverse leadership and experience has dropped out. This is sad. Just 2 primaries and he's out? I wonder where the his votes would go now? Obama? Edwards?

youdecide08.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

Maybe he knows he wont win and is trying to give his votes to Obama in response to his loss to Hillary in NH. If you look at the numbers here:

www.politico.com...

If 40% of the people who voted for Richardson voted for Obama, he would have won NH.

So, are Richardson supporters more likely to vote for Hillary or Obama? Will he support one over the other?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

Well I have noticed a pattern here, let me know what you think. It seems like Richardson and Edwards, when being interviewed or at a debate, both went after Mrs. Clinton and seemed to praise Obama. My guess is the votes would go towards Obama...and possibly put him over the top.
That's if there was no voter fraud in either NH or Iowa.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

Another link with more information.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by harddrive21

The NH debate seemed almost like a tag team with Edwards and Obama in one corner and Richardson and Clinton in the other. But he usually comes off as pretty neutral to me. I don’t know enough about the three of them to know where his policies line up.

He was the ‘experience’ guy, so maybe he wants to help out Clinton’s campaign. Or maybe he’ll just stay neutral. I don’t know, I just know he has a decent amount of support.

new topics

top topics

join