It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man sees "mark," cuts off hand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Man sees "mark," cuts off hand

edition.cnn.com

A man who believed he bore the biblical "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is very sad. Note to all... you can definitely go too far worrying about biblical prophesy.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

apc

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Wolfinger said he didn't know which hand was amputated.

This would be the key to if Satan had truly possessed this child of Christ!

Although I'm not really sure what he had hoped to accomplish by cutting it off. If he bore the mark, he's screwed. It's like preparing for for the apocalypse. What are you gonna do? Hide?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's also noted that the "severed hand" bore no visible markings after being microwaved.

So the "mark of the Beast" is still left to the individual imagination, eh?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This has been posted over at BTS this afternoon.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hahaha......nice. Now if only we could get all the rest of the crazies to start chopping off their parts, we'd be all set.

Gotta love the microwave bit...Don't know what it was to have accomplished but I'm sure it didn't smell to pleasant in his house after that.

Come on down for some fresh fried hand...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey
Hahaha......nice. Now if only we could get all the rest of the crazies to start chopping off their parts, we'd be all set.

Gotta love the microwave bit...Don't know what it was to have accomplished but I'm sure it didn't smell to pleasant in his house after that.

Come on now, its a little funny, but not that funny, it's actually a very sad story.
Imagine if this was your brother, father, mother or close friend. Or even you.
I know it's unlikely, but unexpected people have killed themselves etc. in the past.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
bad taste in humour, lockwithnokey.
i've heard some interpretations that having the mark does not equal damnation. some will have the mark, but be fighting for christ.
wow. sounds like a t.v. series.

"Survivor: Armeggedon"

i really am beginning to think the "mark" was planned a long, long time ago, along with the ENTIRE BIBLICAL MYTH.

2000 yrs. of "good cop, bad cop" to control the masses.

life's a carnival, populated soley by carnies and "marks".

"carn" is latin for "flesh" or something.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think the cop had it right: "That kind of mental illness is just sad."

I don't think this is a case of religion going too far, I think it is just a case of a very mentally ill person doing themselves terrible harm.

People who are this messed up can obsess on any subject and base their behavior on it, sometimes it's religion, sometimes other things...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
faith =mental illness?????

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockwithnoKey

Some of the worst taste I have seen yet.

You need to turn off your TV and get out of the house more; in the real world things like this are bad, not entertainment.

I almost never add foes to my list. In fact, you are only the second person I have felt the need to add make a foe.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by cavscout]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral

No, if you are replying to me, that's not what I am trying to say at all.

This man was clearly mentally ill, whatever delusion he must have been suffering seems to be based on something he read in the Bible.

But it could have just as easily been something in the newspaper, a book, a movie, or whatever that he fixated on.

He's mentally ill, obviously.

It's sad that he did this to himself, just awful

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I didn't find lockwithnokey's post to be in bad taste at all... it's accurate.

Anyone who is willing to deal harm to himself because of an imagined symbol is clearly mentally ill.

As for the "Faith = mental illness"... well, in many cases, yes. Especially when you are willing to risk killing yourself for it.

Ask yourself, if you saw something that resembled a symbol on your hand, would you cut it off? If you're sane, you'd say no.

I have the Omega symbol on my thigh... it's a birth mark. Am I cutting my leg off? Of course not. Because, I'm not nuts! lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Let’s make sure we never miss an opportunity to bash faith.
Religion caused this guy to cut his hand off like money caused people to jump out of windows in 1929. Let’s not confuse cause with symptom shall we? Mental illness, like bigotry, will seize upon whatever excuse is ready.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The easy answer with for using the microwave : it will kill the cells on the hand. No chance to reattach it after the cooking.
This gentleman has a mental illness that caused him to cause such harm. Lets not blame religion - if he didn't believe . The visual hallucination (and maybe audio too) combined with the brain not working properly caused him to do this. It is amazing that he didn't black out from blood loss after cutting off the hand (even with the homemade tourniquet), nuking it and then calling 9-11.
Most mental illness' are diagnosed when people are in their 20's. Unfortunately this man will have to live with hallucinations for the rest of his life and will have to deal with daily meds. Its sad.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifestudent
This is very sad. Note to all... you can definitely go too far worrying about biblical prophesy.

Let's apply this to all of the religions out there. As a matter of fact, let's apply this to everything that may make one do a crazy thing such as this.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow that's unbelievable. Stuff like this makes me believe there really are voices in some people's head. There can't just be some blind impulse to mutilate yourself, something urges them and puts an idea in their head most every time. I guess we call this insanity...

*edit* already another thread on this apparently

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral

Many institutions are full of people who 'believe' they are GOD. Including the white house. So yes... in some caases = mental illness

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That's just sad. I mean come on! Even if he had the mark, cutting of your hand is like using an umbrella to ward of a nuke.

Hope he gets the help he needs.

FK

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
II Timothy 1:7:
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a SOUND mind.

I guess he missed this scripture? That is really sad. Sometimes these things take a life of their own on in the mind, much like this did with him. Much like it does with others who think they are some great prophet, or mini-messiah and the likes thereof.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join