It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Students Suspended for Refusing Haircuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Texas Students Suspended for Refusing Haircuts

www.truthnews.us

Four Texas teens were suspended from school Tuesday for refusing to get their hair cut over the Christmas break, school officials said... “Our policy states that the hair (on male students) cannot extend beyond the collar in the back,” said Kevin Stanford, superintendent of the Kerens Independent School District.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.breitbart.com

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I cannot believe that this is still an issue now adays. How fair is this dress code policy. Do you really think a hairstyle is disruptive. These students are staight A pupils and their haircuts do not seem diruptive IMO. I would have to file all kinds of compllaints if these were my kids. What happened to freedoms? I guess they do not extend to young people just like they are being taken away from adults each day.

www.truthnews.us
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So now they take away the rights of an individual to choose how they look. The U.S. really is going to Hell in a Handbasket fast.

I dare the school system to tell me either of my Sons have to cut thier hair!!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The article says the hair/dress code is to instill "respect for authority". But how can anyone respect authority when it makes such stupid rules as this? How dare they tell my kid how to wear his/her hair? That should be up to the kid and the parents.
How is short hair showing respect for authority? It just seems like mindless conformity to me.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I grew up in Texas - graduated HS in 89.

This is nothing new -- at all. When I was in public HS in Texas...boys couldnt have long hair below their collar - and we werent allowed to wear shorts or short skirts...and couldnt wear band tshirts.

Again, this is nothing new.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
As a native Texan, I couldn't wait to see "Lubbock in my Rearview Mirror" a great song by one of my old school mates, Mac Davis, BTW
and no one should be surprised by the power hungry little people that administrate the public schools in a state that takes pride in having the most executions. Usually people of color.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Long hair was a problem when I went to school because kids would have lice. So this could also be a health issue.
It doesn't matter anyhow. Rules are rules. You can vote knew people in office to change them but until then you abide by them are face consequences.
If these boys were to want to join the military or police academy or most any job they would have to cut their hair,so why let them live in a fantasy world where you do what you want and dress anyway you like?
Just my opinion though. Just glad to live in a country where it can still be debated not arrested or killed for not abiding by the codes.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
Just glad to live in a country where it can still be debated not arrested or killed for not abiding by the codes.

**Coming Soon**

**Watch this Space**

and all that jazz...

Would love to post more, but I have to pop out and burn some books!!

Monkey

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ive been suspended and excluded from school for not cutting my hair
My school has the same rules "has to be above the collar" and when i came back from summer break i had hair almost down to my shoulders
Fair enough it was very long , got it cut just to the the collar
But no it wasnt good enough i refused to get it cut again and i was excluded from class till i did, in total i was excluded for 2 weeks

new topics

top topics

join