It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Wish To Offer An Opinion On Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I have been an avid reader of these forums,
and have actually contributed alot of research under another user name in the past years,
But i decided to register again so that i can put forward this short but simple piece of understanding for you to use in whatever way you wish,

Water does not only come in the form of a sea or ocean,
If im not making myself clear,
Then perhaps mentioning Freezing will help.

Just because something disappeared beneath water,
doesnt mean that it was below sea level,

In ancient times there were many mountain cities for example,
and it is important to remember how much more icier & snow covered mountains were in ancient times,

Im not saying my belief is that Atlantis is hidding in a mountain somewhere,
i am simply mentioning the fact that the sea/ocean is not the only place to point your attention,

I have a vast amount of information, theories, thoughts and experiences to do with the ancient world,

For all those interested, please do get in contact with me,
I am not a secretive person, i am happy to share all that i have,
All that i ask in return is that you listen to all that i have to say,

And for any of you who read this who have similar beliefs to what i have mentioned,
Then i strongly suggest you contact me as soon as possible,

-Seth-

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Hi AmmonSeth,

Pleased to meet you and a little surprised that no-one else has posted yet.

I myself haven't posted on the Ancient Civilization Forum for a while ... it all got a bit 'shouty' ... but ironically it is the original reason I joined ATS.

Hopefully, the manners on the forum have improved now.

When I read your OP, my interest was grabbed by the mention of ice (water). I'd be really interested to hear about some of your theories ... I have a few of my own that are a tad different to the 'norm' or at least an extention of it.

I'm a bit of a 'hybrid' in the sense that I gain my ideas from a seperate-source (past-life memories / an abduction experience) ... but I check their validity against historial/scientific/religious/astronomical/ and archaeological records and data. So I hope you can see that I am not simply some sort of esoteric nutcase.

One of my theories is that Alantis per se, was not one specific location. I believe Atlantis was the title given to the original bases/settlements of (as the Egyptians called them), The Gods That Walked The Earth As Men' ... the bringers of civilization if you will.

And I believe these locations will be discovered (in the not too distant future), in Egypt; Gizeh Plateau - subterraneous complex (earth) ... Yucatan Peninsula; Chichan Itza - reached via the Cenotes (fire - KT boundary meterorite) ... and Antarctica; Queen Maudes Land (water).

It seems reasonable to assume that there is at least one more location that would represent 'air' ... a mountain (as you suggested), would certainly fit the requirements.

I'm currently writing a book about this at the moment (The Atlantean Analysis), in an effort to find the nucleus of reality that's been embedded within ancient myth and legend, by way of finding answers.

Woody

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Alantis was really the town/school of dalimshia, a place set up to improved mankind through learning, headed up by Daligastia, it sunk into the sea after the defaulting actions of the planetary Prince Caligastia. Daligastia was second in comand.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

all that is speculation from urantia

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind seeing what your theories are, sounds pretty interesting. Different then all the threads about "The Real History of Atlantis!!!" and Annunaki.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Hi AmmonSeth,

Pleased to meet you and a little surprised that no-one else has posted yet.

I myself haven't posted on the Ancient Civilization Forum for a while ... it all got a bit 'shouty' ... but ironically it is the original reason I joined ATS.

Hopefully, the manners on the forum have improved now.

When I read your OP, my interest was grabbed by the mention of ice (water). I'd be really interested to hear about some of your theories ... I have a few of my own that are a tad different to the 'norm' or at least an extention of it.

I'm a bit of a 'hybrid' in the sense that I gain my ideas from a seperate-source (past-life memories / an abduction experience) ... but I check their validity against historial/scientific/religious/astronomical/ and archaeological records and data. So I hope you can see that I am not simply some sort of esoteric nutcase.

One of my theories is that Alantis per se, was not one specific location. I believe Atlantis was the title given to the original bases/settlements of (as the Egyptians called them), The Gods That Walked The Earth As Men' ... the bringers of civilization if you will.

And I believe these locations will be discovered (in the not too distant future), in Egypt; Gizeh Plateau - subterraneous complex (earth) ... Yucatan Peninsula; Chichan Itza - reached via the Cenotes (fire - KT boundary meterorite) ... and Antarctica; Queen Maudes Land (water).

It seems reasonable to assume that there is at least one more location that would represent 'air' ... a mountain (as you suggested), would certainly fit the requirements.

I'm currently writing a book about this at the moment (The Atlantean Analysis), in an effort to find the nucleus of reality that's been embedded within ancient myth and legend, by way of finding answers.

Woody

Woody,

I am glad to hear an intelligent response from someone,
i find your input intreaguing and helpful to me,
Is there anyway you would like to converse on this subject?

And Same for the poster above this one, Blitzkrieger if i remember correctly,
Please do both reply

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Hi again AmonnSeth,

I've just replied to your u2u.

I'd be very happy to converse and discuss some of my theories with anyone that has a genuine interest, but I'm not interested in getting into silly arguments with anyone about pseudo-science and where's the proof etc.

The theories I have are exactly that - 'theories' - I'm confident that some will be proven correct in the fullness of time ... whilst others will fall by the wayside.

If there is anything particular you'd like to ask feel free. WOODY.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Seth,

You have got me interested with your thoughts on Atlantis.

If you have plans to disuss the theory further in the thread then i would be most keen to listen. I say this as i'm sure there are others who would also like to hear them expanded further.

I agree that Atalntis is not a single island or continent, but rather a collection of land masses and cities which were ruled by a single empire - the Atlantean Empire.

Possible locations (IMO) of these settlements include:

The Azores
Canary Islnds
Bermuda
The Caribbean
Faroe Island
Iceland and United Kingdom/Western Europe (and outlyng now underwater land masses)
Antartica

And then in pre-diluvian times (post flood/sinking):

Ireland
Western Europe
United Kingdom
Egypt
Indus Valley
Rome

Edit to add: Rome to list (i forgot it)

[edit on 9-1-2008 by srsen]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Rome was an Atlantean settlement? Somebody need to tell them quick, cause they dont know!

To recap my opinion on Atlantis for the fivehundredumptieleventh time:

Atlantis can be distilled down to two main theories, or "opinions" if you wish. Since we have little infomation on it, we dont know what is true or not.

The mythological Atlantis is the Atlantis most people talk about. Oooh its a continent the size of half Africa in the middle of the Atlantic (OMG SIMILARITY!!! PROOF!!!), with Atlanteans populating the world and flying around in their magical aircraft and nuking other nations into submission. They angered the Gods (who doesnt) and of course where wiped out... Probably by aliens. Nay, most likely by aliens since they ARE the Gods that populated Atlantis! Etc and so on. Flimsy excuses that "Atlantis" look like words from other languages (all in translated Roman latin of course) are common.
Sources: Myth made up on the spot due to everyone giving thier "opinion", conspiracy/alien webpages with alternate history, the fantastical portions of Platos Atlantis, channeled information and 20th century fiction.

The historical Atlantis may have been a real city or civilization in ancient times that inspired Plato in his description. Sizes, dates and such are in Platos imagination, made up to make it look impressive. "Beyond the Pillars of Hercules" means what it meant in ancient time: along the coasts, not out into the open sea. Further he described contemporary technology, nothing fantastic at all. Explanations can be sought in something as simple as Plato got it from the Egyptians, the Egyptians got it from Phoenicians who made it up as a story to scare Greeks into going beyond Gibraltar. Or that it was inspired by the Minoans, which fit Platos description of Atlantis people and destruction. A key element in this is that Atlantis was supposedly the HUB of all trade in the known world. Yet very little is known about it: not a single other city on continent of Atlantis is known. In comparison, the Phoenicians where generally "mysterious" traders, yet we know their three major cities, colonies across the med and parts of their history.
Sources: Known history, Platos Atlantis.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by merka]

[edit on 10-1-2008 by merka]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Seth,

You have got me interested with your thoughts on Atlantis.

If you have plans to disuss the theory further in the thread then i would be most keen to listen. I say this as i'm sure there are others who would also like to hear them expanded further.

I agree that Atalntis is not a single island or continent, but rather a collection of land masses and cities which were ruled by a single empire - the Atlantean Empire.

I study Atlantis based on the understanding that noone knows exactly what it was, how big it was, what it did, what the people were like etc.

I search for Atlantis not actually looking for anything particular, but just what fits my small criteria, that way i am able to analyse without skepticism,

To most people this sounds strange, but as often in life, what you are looking for is most commonly in plain-sight so to speak, but you complicate it by looking for more complicated options.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
Hi again AmonnSeth,

I've just replied to your u2u.

I'd be very happy to converse and discuss some of my theories with anyone that has a genuine interest, but I'm not interested in getting into silly arguments with anyone about pseudo-science and where's the proof etc.

The theories I have are exactly that - 'theories' - I'm confident that some will be proven correct in the fullness of time ... whilst others will fall by the wayside.

If there is anything particular you'd like to ask feel free. WOODY.

Glad to hear it,
As you can see in the post above i dont consider anything to date as a 'fact' about Atlantis, so i am open to all new information.
However i do base my general search for Atlantis on the standard 'disappeared below water' myth,
As with most mythos there is normally a deal of truth to them, however it is hidden beneath 'fancy' wording for the time and poetry,

As for anything particular i'd like to ask,
What you explained to me before brought in the involvement of the elements,
What is it that brought these into your theories and understandings?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If I understand the OP correctly, is what you're posing something akin to a city in a mountain valley that got flooded by a melting mountain glacier? If so, I find that a very neat sort of take, but not exactly Atlantean - definitely could be an inspiration, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
If I understand the OP correctly, is what you're posing something akin to a city in a mountain valley that got flooded by a melting mountain glacier? If so, I find that a very neat sort of take, but not exactly Atlantean - definitely could be an inspiration, though.

Kind of, i was not posting an exact theory that i think atlantis is in a frozen mountain exactly,
I was merely proposing that there are more takes on 'disappeared beneath water' than just the sea or ocean,

However i do plan to have an expedition to my next potential atlantis location

I do however wish to work with other intelligent minds and do wish to hear other 'alternative' theories about the atlantis mythos

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
I do however wish to work with other intelligent minds and do wish to hear other 'alternative' theories about the atlantis mythos

These two wishes would seem to be mutually exclusive.

Harte

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

How do you propose that you may be of assistance?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

actually they are an inseperable blend of wishes...
i.e.; working with others & hearing other's theories...
the AmmonSeth proposal is also known as schmoozing

I think

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

actually they are an inseperable blend of wishes...
i.e.; working with others & hearing other's theories...
the AmmonSeth proposal is also known as schmoozing

I think

Yes i do wish to gain an advantage,
however i do also have the knowledge to provide others with such aswell

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I study Atlantis based on the understanding that noone knows exactly what it was, how big it was, what it did, what the people were like etc.

Except 'Atlantis' can only ever be the place described in great detail by Plato.

There may have been other civilisations etc - but they were not the place we know of as 'Atlantis'.

We know that Atlantis - if Plato was not just making it all up - was a Bronze Age civilisation that existed thousands of years before the accepted dates for the Bronze Age, was situated beyond the Pillars of Hercules (wherever they might be), warred with Egypt and Athens, was defeated in battle by Athens and, at the same time, itself sank into the sea such that only shoals remained to restrict the passage of sea vessels.

If you believe otherwise, you're not talking about Atlantis

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Except 'Atlantis' can only ever be the place described in great detail by Plato.

There may have been other civilisations etc - but they were not the place we know of as 'Atlantis'.

We know that Atlantis - if Plato was not just making it all up - was a Bronze Age civilisation that existed thousands of years before the accepted dates for the Bronze Age, was situated beyond the Pillars of Hercules (wherever they might be), warred with Egypt and Athens, was defeated in battle by Athens and, at the same time, itself sank into the sea such that only shoals remained to restrict the passage of sea vessels.

If you believe otherwise, you're not talking about Atlantis

Yes and well after many decades of research, one realises not to take everything literally,

'Atlantis' is no more than a term for a sunken city in my field,
and being as this thread of mine is for intelligent alternative opinions,
what you just said has no place here

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
hello there ammonseth and also hello to woodwytch,

please keep us informed on your disscusssions , esp if you take your research away from this site , (for whatever reasons
)

you may be interested in my thread from last month about the Azores.

thanks for the thread

snoopyuk

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join