It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Allergies Stir a Mother to Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Food Allergies Stir a Mother to Action

www.nytimes.com

profit-driven global conspiracy whose collateral damage is an alarming increase in childhood food allergies
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Seems even the soccer moms are getting into the CT game.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Anyone else have anything related to food allergy? I have been having major problems recently with this sort of thing.

[edit on 1/9/2008 by 12SeVeN34]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
did i name this wrong or what? i would figure that many of you would be full of thoughts on this subject!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 12SeVeN34

Okay, I'll bite

I am really into getting a grip and educating people on the food allergy issues. ANd while I agree that this woman has part of the story correct she is missing a crucial part.

What is postulated to be a foundational problem with the food allergy issue is the epidemic increase in Cesarean birth combined over use of antibiotics at birth which kills the mother's flora. Combine this nast set up with artificial food for babies and you know have the set up largely responsible for this situation which is exacerbated by say yellow no. 5, soy protein isolate, and partially hydrogenated oil in baby's Happy Meal.

When babies do not travel through the birth canal they are not colonized with the good bacteria from moms vaginal track. Babies are born with sterile guts and must become colonized via being born and through breast milk. The worst case scenario that happens with this is when a baby develops necrotizing enteritis which is where the babies intestines starts to rot because it can not digest formula. More babies die of nec than group B beta strep, the fear of said dreaded beastie that is responsible for the over administration of IV antibiotics during labor. (these are in the CDC stats on line and I can get them if someone needs me to)

It has been in a number of mainstream media articles fox news

the NYT

Also Newsweek had a cover story on this about two months ago, and this summer the USA Today circular had in my paper the administration of probiotics ( good bacteria like in yogurt) for babies as one of the 10 best things you could do for them health wise to combat the good allergy crisis. This is a similar article on the USA today website

And if you go to Pub Med and put caesarian sections and allergies or asthma, you will hit a gold mine.

So why didn't people bite on this topic you wonder?

Because people take more time in researching a new computer or a car than understanding how they are going to give birth, and because food issues are loaded with people's emotional garbage, and the additives are addictive, high fructose corn syrup is put in chips and crackers because it shuts off your satiation sensor and makes you consumer more, so there are all sort of addictive issues around it.

Plus this is just not sexy to people the way that Reptile People and Bohemian Grove are.

From the Trenches-

P.

top topics

join