It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Catholic Priests unable to marry?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Catholic paters are unable to marry since their names are supposed to be erased in the Book of Life. Period. They were stupid enough to claim a living person was dead and that his childern were unexistant and that his spouse was a whore. I mean. How can a living God accept such without making their life just as impossible?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic
Catholic paters are unable to marry since their names are supposed to be erased in the Book of Life. Period. They were stupid enough to claim a living person was dead and that his childern were unexistant and that his spouse was a whore. I mean. How can a living God accept such without making their life just as impossible?

Where is this information coming from? Still reading history so there's plenty I don't know and it's my first time hearing this.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Well, they can always become Episcopalians and marry. For the most part it's the same robes, same Eucharist same ceremonies, same kind of congregation except that they don't hate gays ...most of them in in USA, that is, and tend not to mix church and political activism. Lot's of ex Catholics go this route and it's a great church for me at least.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The Church claims Jesus died on the cross, though the text only shows us he was healed from a severed longue afterwards (when you pierce a persons chest cavity and there comes out blood and water, the patient is suffering from a severed longue, which can be treated this very way -- through piercing the thorax). The Catholic Church says he didn't have children or a spouse (though secular sources name his firstborne -- Sara, whom he had with Miriam of Bethany, popularilly known as Rosemary or Magdalene) , though the Book of John says he was called a Rabbi and had a house, yes even his marriage is written about in great detail. No Judean man could be called rabbi without being married, and only a married man could build a house. And so on into the most boring of things..... The Paters are even outlawed by Jesus in the first place, for what did Jesus say about calling any person of rank Father? He prohibited it, unless we are talking about our heavenly Father.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey
Well, they can always become Episcopalians and marry. For the most part it's the same robes, same Eucharist same ceremonies, same kind of congregation except that they don't hate gays ...most of them in in USA, that is, and tend not to mix church and political activism. Lot's of ex Catholics go this route and it's a great church for me at least.

I suppose there are people out shopping for a religion, but it certainly doesn't compare to God directing a person where to go.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
dont know if this has been brought up yet.

1 tim 4:[1] Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
[2] Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
[3] Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
[4] For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The paters would probably refer to Jesus to refute your very good point. For Jesus said that after the ressurrection people wouldn't marry, and Paul (whom you refer to) claims we all took part in the ressurrection when Jesus rose, which is all bogus and dogmatic BS in the first place.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

The paters would probably refer to Jesus to refute your very good point. For Jesus said that after the ressurrection people wouldn't marry, and Paul (whom you refer to) claims we all took part in the ressurrection when Jesus rose, which is all bogus and dogmatic BS in the first place.

ok, what does not marrying after you are resurrected have to do with marrying before you die?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Like I said, it's church dogma that we all died and were ressurrected with Jesus, which is a conspiracy in itself, since John talks about the second death being hell. Believing that you die and is ressurrected in baptism like Paul says we do, then dying means such a believer is left in hell. For Hell is the second death. Do I need to support this with scripture? I thought it was basic Paulian "knowledge". The bloody fool was a secret agent working for the Pharicees damnit! I have dozens of similar fallacies in Pauls writings directly conspiracies against Jesus' words and the Book of Revelation.

Well here is a few:

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. ... 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

Romans 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

So if we are dead with Christ as Paul says the following verse means eternal damnation:

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Now if we only die two times, why would any of us want to die with Jesus, who never really died in the first place!?! If he died, he died because of our insanity following Saul Paulus instead of Jesus and the only one among the apostles dying a natural death, John. And why not use what we have of science to change the coarse of history, I'm into quantum dynamics: Lets undie Jesus damnit, instead of continuing the lie that he died!!!!

[edit on 10/3/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Romans 6:4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. ... 8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

Romans 7:4 So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.

So if we are dead with Christ as Paul says the following verse means eternal damnation:

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

Now if we only die two times, why would any of us want to die with Jesus, who never really died in the first place!?! If he died, he died because of our insanity following Saul Paulus instead of Jesus and the only one among the apostles dying a natural death, John. And why not use what we have of science to change the coarse of history, I'm into quantum dynamics: Lets undie Jesus damnit, instead of continuing the lie that he died!!!!

alittle off topic but whatever.

in romans, paul is referring to a symbolic death through baptism. it should not be taken to mean a literal death of the spirit or soul or body.

what he means by it is that we die to our former way of life in that we stop doing things for ourselves, and are resurrected in that we submit ourselves to god's will and live according to the way god wants us to.

in other words paul is being metaphoric.

although i understand what you mean by some churches being dogmatic, because if they believe that this death is a literal one, like of the spirit or such, then it would create great confusion.

as for paul being a spy, then this would discredit all the apostles as they all accepted him. even peter said that some of pauls writtings are hard to understand but that they were right. so was peter a spy too? quite a few things paul wrote about are mirrored in revelation (written by john), does this mean that john also was a spy? it doesnt say much for god either, that he would allow a deception to bury its way so deep into his young congregation.

as for jesus dying.... come on. the soldiers guarding him were charged to put him to death. you seriously claiming that they wouldnt be able to tell if he was alive or dead? remember too that the criminals on either side had to have their legs broken in order to hasten their deaths, why would they overlook jesus? because he was dead.

not the mention the fact that if jesus didnt die and get resurrected, then there is no point in putting faith in the bible to begin with. the whole belief rests on the need for a savior or ransom.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566
(Snipped alot of blah blah)

as for jesus dying.... come on. the soldiers guarding him were charged to put him to death. you seriously claiming that they wouldnt be able to tell if he was alive or dead? remember too that the criminals on either side had to have their legs broken in order to hasten their deaths, why would they overlook jesus? because he was dead.

not the mention the fact that if jesus didnt die and get resurrected, then there is no point in putting faith in the bible to begin with. the whole belief rests on the need for a savior or ransom.

Hehe, you are so gullible you fall for all the lies of latter day false prophets who rather want Jesus dead than alive. Naturally. For if you don't beieve these lies, you will end in hell according to the same lies. Mostly based on Saul Paulus' "teachings". An unmarried Pharicee who was also a killer and a false accuser. He killed Stephanos for G.S.! Together with a great many others. Instead of following the path Jesju paved out, you and your fellows cloose rather to believe in a certain Pharicee called Saul Paulus who says you are all dead. What did Jesus say about "the dead" that were alive back before he "died". Get real! He called the Pharicees and the unbelievers dead, while the believers were called the living.

Well here's what happened. While he received the punnishment ordered by the Sanhedrin, lead by a certain priest, Annas (whose son Jesus killed as a kid according to Tomas' hidden manna...). Well, while he received the 40-1 hits, he either punctured or collapsed one of his longues. I have experienced this first hand (except the 39 hits in a row in advance, instead I fell down from four meters up, uppon my back, and though it felt like I had had every bone in my body crushed, I didn't break any bones, but one of my longues collapsed. And what I experienced afterwards is similar to what we see in the old story). He was unable to breathe properly, since the pressure inside his chest cavity, the thorax, was rising, making it harder and harder to inflate the longues or breathe, eventually draining him of his ability to talk and move properly among other things -- Jesju was unable to say much before Pilatus, and the story goes that this strong builder was unable to carry a single crossbeam up Via Dolerosa to Golgatha, and had to be helped.

Then when he was crucified the day before passover, Erev Pesach, which can be any day of the week, but in year 30 AD when Jesju was 36 years old, it was on a wednesday, making thursday the first day of passover, and thereby the first sabbath of three sabbaths of the Passover week (some Hebrews even concider the whole of Passover Sabbath), he hung for just a few hours until he ceased breathing. Normally a person would hang for several days until they died, Jesus hung for a couple of hours. Anyway, just before he died, he asked for something to drink, and if you read the Torah and the Prophets who speak of this in advance we learn that the enemy (ie. Rome) would stirr "wormwood" into his drink. Now wormwood is a powerful sedative, and according to tradition the name of the soldier who gave him this last drink was named Panthera.

And shortly after, Jesju gave up his spirit, meaning he stopped breathing, for spirit in Hebrew and Aramaic is the same word as breath. After he had uttered his last words, the centurion in charge, Longinus, uttered with a loud voice that "Truely, this was the true Son of God". So they quickly lowered the crossbeam, and with the ever infamous "Spear of Destiny" (a Roman spear-end which according to tradition was cladded with a metal sheet, with metal threads wounded around it, leaving only about an inch of the tip sticking out from it, making it a perfect surgical instrument for treating this very condition), Longinus pierced a hole in Jesju's thorax, thus releasing the pressure around his longues, making it possible for him to breathe again, and the story goes he was even drained for blood and water (so was I btw, when I had my longue collapse).

And to top this, the story goes that Longinus was later hung by his Roman superiors for having let Jesju survive. Panthere however was not. He was given a reprimande and lashes.

Anyway, suddenly a rich and influensial politican and member of the Sanhedrin showed up claiming his body, wrapping it hastefully in linen, and rushing off to his tomb with it. Soon after comes also Miriam of Bethany with healing(!!) oils (not embalming oils and balsam etc, in other words which would have been natural had he been dead, but salvae and oils used to cleanse wounds, it's all written there if you read the Greek or the backwards engeneered Aramaic, instead of the differing translations made later to further darken the truth).

A punctured or collapsed longue heals by itself in about two or three days if treated properly, which it was according to the text. And voila three days and nights later, on the first day of the week the tomb was empty (Wed.- Sun=three days). Also, according to the Law and the Prophets, combined with other extrabiblical messianic literature, Jesju would rise from Master Rabbi to High Priest in the Order of Melchizedek, the priest of Avra'am, after his Jonah sign fulfillment, meaning that he would have to have his hair and beard cut according to the Law. This was why he was unrecognisable even to Rosemary when she met him in the gardens, mistaking him for the gardener, and later two disciples neither recognised him at their way to Emmaus. And so on. It all fits nicely if you understand some basic medicine and the Law and the Prophets.

So quit all the mumbojumbo already, and see that the truth is written there right before your eyes, but since you have probably been indoctrinated with Jesus being killed by Longinus, instead of healed by the very same hero, you live in lies, and you even found you whole faith in him dying, you even said so yourself that the bible makes no sense when Jesus survives his capital punnishment. Well unless you want to concider what Jesju actually did and taught, that is.

I say: Oh, blessed Longinus, you who are loved by God! Your sacrifice was not in vain. You will not be forgotten! For there is no greater love than to give your life for another to live! And cursed to Hell be Saul Paulus! May he be cast into the seas with a millstone around his neck for having lead so many children astray! Saul's sin is unforgivable. Amen.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Maybe the Pope thought he was being kind to the priests - no wife, no mother-in-law, hehehe

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Circle

LOL
Together with no children, no worries, pluss no dillemma with insurance, no need to put down the toiletseat, and they may squeeze the toothpaste exactly the way they want.... There are many pros., but honestly I wouldn't buy all that with living without a woman, or many for that matter. What would life be without someone to hold and care for. It's a silly rule, and like with cause and effect, people being left out from a steady and normal sexual relationship have a greater chance of develloping perverse sexual preferances.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A Tourist was being shown a around the Vatican by a priest. The Tourist asked how many people worked in the Vatican. The Priest thought long and hard, "hmmnn my son, that is a difficult question, hmmnn - about half of them".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
Maybe the Pope thought he was being kind to the priests - no wife, no mother-in-law, hehehe

That's rough
, but speaking of dynasties this could be something that Ambrose was concerned about. Just like an emperor's family or a royal family, there could surely be a "pope family" which could be subject to long-term criticism and corruption. I'm inclined to believe those who are in a high office of power should be limited in their term of serving (like the president) and have only 'one voice' in successorship like the rest of us when it comes to guiding very large groups of people thereafter.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

he asked for something to drink, and if you read the Torah and the Prophets who speak of this in advance we learn that the enemy (ie. Rome) would stirr "wormwood" into his drink. Now wormwood is a powerful sedative, and according to tradition the name of the soldier who gave him this last drink was named Panthera.

yea, except he didnt drink

matt 27:[34] They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

And shortly after, Jesju gave up his spirit, meaning he stopped breathing, for spirit in Hebrew and Aramaic is the same word as breath. After he had uttered his last words, the centurion in charge, Longinus, uttered with a loud voice that "Truely, this was the true Son of God". So they quickly lowered the crossbeam, and with the ever infamous "Spear of Destiny" (a Roman spear-end which according to tradition was cladded with a metal sheet, with metal threads wounded around it, leaving only about an inch of the tip sticking out from it, making it a perfect surgical instrument for treating this very condition), Longinus pierced a hole in Jesju's thorax, thus releasing the pressure around his longues, making it possible for him to breathe again, and the story goes he was even drained for blood and water (so was I btw, when I had my longue collapse).

not quite...

matt 27: [46] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
[47] Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.
[48] And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
[49] The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
[50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

so jesus died the ninth hour (around 3pm nisan 14th), or according to you passed out from not being able to breath

[51] And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
[52] And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
[53] And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
[54] Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

ok so there was this earth quake.

[55] And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:
[56] Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.
[57] When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:
[58] He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered.

after jesus dies, they go to pilot to ask for the body (note: after). and remember that they have to hurry because nightfall was in 3 hours. likely through it would have taken time to travel from to palace to where jesus was crucified.

mark goes into more detail

mark 15:[43] Joseph of Arimathaea, and honourable counseller, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.
[44] And Pilate marvelled if he were already dead: and calling unto him the centurion, he asked him whether he had been any while dead.
[45] And when he knew it of the centurion, he gave the body to Joseph.

so to reiterate, AFTER jesus died, they approach pilot. then pilot had to call for the centurion (because pilot wasnt at the execution site, and the centurion wouldnt have been at the palace). pilot asked this soldier if jesus is dead. mind you, before this....

john 19:[32] Then came the soldiers, and brake the legs of the first, and of the other which was crucified with him.
[33] But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs:
[34] But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water.

so they didnt see the need to break the legs of jesus because he was already dead, so they pierced him. reported back to pilot that he had died.

THEN they took the body off and buried him. a whole process that propbably took more than an hours or so, maybe more fromt he exact moment jesus "died"

so, let me run down basically what you are claiming.

jesus gets a collapsed lung. he is hung on a beam of wood for 6 hours, finally passes out because he cant breath. about an hour or more later (assuming he could survive that time on no oxygen) soldiers arrive to break the legs. these soldiers think that jesus is dead so they pierce him. at this time, jesus' lung is suddenly functioning (despite the likelihood of creating more complications and the adding of tension pneumothorax (which is a collapsed lung, but worse and also require immediate attention)

on tension pneumothorax -

The lungs are located inside the chest cavity, which is a hollow space. Air is drawn into the lungs by the diaphragm (a powerful abdominal muscle). The pleural cavity is the region between the chest wall and the lungs. If air enters the pleural cavity, either from the outside (open pneumothorax) or from the lung (closed pneumothorax), the lung collapses and it becomes mechanically impossible for the injured person to breathe, even with an open airway. If a piece of tissue forms a one-way valve that allows air to enter the pleural cavity from the lung but not to escape, overpressure can build up with every breath; this is known as tension pneumothorax. It may lead to severe shortness of breath as well as circulatory collapse, both life-threatening conditions. This condition requires urgent intervention.

so after this piercing, he didnt even inhale. infact jesus was not only fortunate but he was conscience enough to know to play dead. because soliders are too stupid to notice that jesus had started breathing again.

then after another period of time (the time from the soldiers making the report, to joseph and the other women arriving at the site (as much as an hour), jesus have to survive with a pierced and collapsed lung and a wound that was bleeding profusely even though he was already low on blood from the whipping and nailing)

so...

- jesus was able to survive osficiated for at least parts of an hour
- the soldiers were too stupid to know if jesus was dead or not
- jesus was able to survive tension pneumothorax with a punture wound unattended for the better part of an hour.
- jesus was able to survive with major blood loss

all this and was able to walk around after just 3 days. wow, that is a miracle.

A punctured or collapsed longue heals by itself in about two or three days if treated properly, which it was according to the text. And voila three days and nights later, on the first day of the week the tomb was empty (Wed.- Sun=three days).

yes if jesus was brought to a hospital for treatment and was monitored 24/7, not if he continued to hang for at least an hour or more. likely his amount of bloodloss would have complicated issues even by today's standards.

So quit all the mumbojumbo already, and see that the truth is written there right before your eyes, but since you have probably been indoctrinated with Jesus being killed by Longinus, instead of healed by the very same hero, you live in lies, and you even found you whole faith in him dying, you even said so yourself that the bible makes no sense when Jesus survives his capital punnishment. Well unless you want to concider what Jesju actually did and taught, that is.

and your truth is based on what? a fanciful account of miraculous healing and survivable-ability and for what? so you can convince yourself that jesus lived on. you read too much dan brown.

your whole theory rests on 2 things.

1- that jesus was taken down immediately after "expiring". which just isnt true. the romans would not be so naive as to let them take a body down before they were sure he was dead. (especially with the pharisees breathing down their necks to make sure he was dead)

and 2 - you assume that the other soldiers (who were likely with longinus) were idiots. im sorry that doesnt fly either.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

he asked for something to drink, and if you read the Torah and the Prophets who speak of this in advance we learn that the enemy (ie. Rome) would stirr "wormwood" into his drink. Now wormwood is a powerful sedative, and according to tradition the name of the soldier who gave him this last drink was named Panthera.

yea, except he didnt drink

matt 27:[34] They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.

Well, browse down a couple of verses, and you see when he did drink. Why would he drink wine with gall? He wanted vinegar with water (the Coca-Cola of those days) and sedatives.

Had to split this post since your post was so long... More in next post.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I was told by someone who studied theology -

...that the church did not want their monetary assets going to families. If they kept priests celibate they would stay within the walls of the church - as would the wealth.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

not quite...

matt 27: [46] And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
[47] Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.
[48] And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
[49] The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
[50] Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.

Matthew 27:54 When the centurion (saint Longinus) and those with him who were guarding Jesus (among them saint Panthera who gave Jesju vinegar on the stick of isop) saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, "Surely he was the Son of God!"

Not? I just chose to exclude what untrue believers are so caught up in, the impossible and the wonderous, like curtains being teared appart by invisible men and the earth quaking, cracking up rocks with dead people walking out of their graves etc. without it being recorded anywhere else.

so jesus died the ninth hour (around 3pm nisan 14th), or according to you passed out from not being able to breath.

And that equals a couple of hours, contrary to two or three days which was the regular time it took to die at a cross.

Again, since your post was more than 8000 letters, I had to divide my reply in more than one post. I'll try to get the rest of my replies within the next post...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

- jesus was able to survive osficiated for at least parts of an hour

According to you, not the text, for the text does not say where Pilatus was or how long it took for Joseph and Longinus to contact him and have his permission to move the body.

- the soldiers were too stupid to know if jesus was dead or not

That's your words. Had you understood what I wrote and understood things like Roman customs and what an ancient warrier had to know when it comes to treating oneself and fellow swordsmen for cuts and punctures etc, you would understand that it would take a great deal of bravory for a roman officer to both witness, saying Jesus was truely the Son of God, then avoid breaking his legs, claiming he was already dead etc etc. Longinus was a man of the battlefield, probably given pension standing guard. Anyway, a Roman soldier would recognise a punctured or collapsed longue, it is one of the most common injuries in the battlefield, and it still is, and the Roman soldiers knew both how to make the diagnosis and how to treat it. About Longinus: He didnot hold his own life in such regard that he wouldn't face death, for that's his faith, he also hoped that Jesju would save his soul.

- jesus was able to survive tension pneumothorax with a punture wound unattended for the better part of an hour.

Again, these are your words and your funny way of calculating. From Herod's palace to Golgatha there is about 300 yards distance, which if you walk slowly takes aboutfive minutes, but assuming that they were running, they would reach Herods palace where Pilate would probably be there within a couple of minutes, not more. I have a close friend who drowned inside a car and was dead for more than three quarters of an hour so they would have plenty of time.

Maps: www.ccel.org...

- jesus was able to survive with major blood loss

So have I and many others I know. When the church ordered problematic people to be bled back in the Dark Ages, they nearly emptied their bodies, and it is possible for a grown man to survive bloodloss of about half a gallon, or about 50% of the blood within a body. Such bloodloss happens when aorta or another main bloodvessel is cut, either internally or places like the wrist or throat. This wasnot the case with Jesju, one could assume that from the crown and the four soars from the nails (which Romans with great precision hammered in through the wrists at a certain place in the wrist where there is a boneless space, with the main bloodvessels running past) would be much less than half of the body's blood. Way below. Perhaps as little as 1/10th of a gallon would be lost through his visual wounds, given he had no greater internal bleedings.

all this and was able to walk around after just 3 days. wow, that is a miracle.

Well, after the x-ray was done, while waiting for surgery for my broken longue, I actually walked out to have a cigarette, with a collapsed longue and the pain of feeling my whole back- and hipbone had been crushed, the sedatives I was given were not exactly working very well, couldn't give me morphine etc. since I had alcohol in the blood. The nurses and the doc couldn't believe how I had managed that.

And I have cut my feet many times on glass, nails, sharp rocks you name it, and even sown a deep cut in my heel with no anesthesia. And I walked out of the doctor's office with a slight limp. I mean if I could do it why not Jesju?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join