It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are they always letting God shove them around?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Seriously, you can't have it both ways! Everytime there is a disaster or a tragedy in someone's life, they always say, with the grace of God I survived, or God saved me.

Then, they say God is all powerful, controls everything, whenever something goes right in their life it is due to God blessing them. If something goes wrong, God knows best and, they survived it or made it through because of God.

Jesus H Christ give me a break. THINK!!! If God controls everything, then it was him that sent that hurricane after your butt, it was him that sent that tornado, it was him that killed your loved ones.

Oh yeah God controls everything, so he makes all of the rules. So who made the rule Jesus had to die on the cross? So God killed his own son when he did not have to, because he could have made a better rule, don't ya think?

If all things is posssible with God, then he could have possibly done a better job on all of the above.

Oh and don't tell me God works in mysterious ways, no he does not, it is pretty straightforward when a hurricane or tornado comes, when death comes.

God exists for one reason, so you can feel protected and excuse everything away because God wants it that way, nope he is just an illusion.

But for all you followers, you believers tell me how come you continually let your God off of the hook for sending you all of these bad things? Because lets not forget, you believe he controls everything.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
That's a misunderstanding of mankind. Man has issues with getting past the phyical think aspect of life. So they associate everything in this phyical world with phyical understandings.

The reality of it is that this phyical world and all it's sufferings are nothing but an illusion, a dream, that presses on a being, and make their inner substance prove itself.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Exactly like I thought no religious folks want to touch these questions, they just keep wanting to believe in Santa Claus. Applying reason to their religious fairytale is something that makes them question the fantasy and thinking about why God makes all of these bad things to happen is just too much for them.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by goose]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

Hey! What about me? Although I'm glad you don't count me as a "religious" person, I am a heavy believe in the true things of God. I'm a big spiritual person.

At any rate, God doesn't push anyone around. People push people around under the guise of god and through negitive tactics such as fear. People tell other people that if they don't act like "this" they will be sent to "burn in the never ending fires of hell", and unfortunally, beast like, too many people are so simple and to stupid to thing about actually checking into their spiritual base.

The book of revelation speaks of "Lukewarm" spiritualisim being a disgusting thing to God/Jesus. Although too many Christians know that term well they miss the point.

Lukewarm christianity is those that go to church on sunday but through fear of being "wrong" or "being mislead by the devil" they never GROW!

"Fear of being Mislead by the "Devil"" basicly amounts to Not trusting in the reality of God at any rate and that is counted as unrightiousness.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The reality of it is that this phyical world and all it's sufferings are nothing but an illusion, a dream, that presses on a being, and make their inner substance prove itself.

So... Where exactly did you get this 'fact' from?
If it makes you happy knowing that there are people are there who are suffering but it's an illusion, then good for you.

So 'god' is hiding 'reality' from us?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Exactly like I thought no religious folks want to touch these questions, they just keep wanting to believe in Santa Claus. Applying reason to their religious fairytale is something that makes them question the fantasy and thinking about why God makes all of these bad things to happen is just too much for them.

I'll be happy to answer your questions but a few things first. Are you actually wanting answers or are you just having an inflammatory rant? It's my opinion you are just being inflammatory. So, why should we take time out of our day for someone who really doesn't even want an answer? There are explanations for these but ranting, raving, and being insulting isn't going to want to make anyone run in here and help. It's seen as just another "I hate Christianity so come in an argue with me" thread.

I'm as interested in arguing Christianity as I'm as interested in arguing whether or not the earth is round. Go back and read your original thread and your subsequent comments. Would you take the time to answer someone who was ranting about your beliefs and insulting you? Probably not. You would most likely be more interested in answering someone who approached the problem with an open mind and is seeking real answers.

[edit on 1/10/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

God lets you know what's going on in life.
He doesn't want us to be stupified, materialistic automatons.
Yes, God lets EVERYTHING happen, but, Satan does the evil, as well as people.

It took HARD times for me to actually give God the time of day. At the ripe old age of 23. He was trying to get my FULL attention.
He doesn't beg idiots for their cooperation ALL the time.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Not one answer that shows you are looking at both sides of the coin. God saved you, but who sent the bad stuff down on you, who allowed it to happen to you?

Was it because you were being bad, not praying hard enough? So when the babies die were they being bad, not praying hard enough?

My point is there is no God, there is no Satan, just natural disasters, tragedies, but you can't continually praise God for protecting you and blessing you without recognizing that the bad stuff happens and occurs due to God, if you truly believe.

Why does no one give God credit for the tragedies in their lives, because according to all the christians I know he is all powerful and responsible for the good stuff but they never wonder why he sent the bad stuff in the first place?

[edit on 11-1-2008 by goose]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge."

Study up on every single thing. Don't let yourself get killed easily. It's a savage garden. Realize you are dust, and that only dust comes against you if God is at your back. This isn't the Lords safe haven. It is the workshop of negativity for the most part.

At least be a light in a dim place.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by depth om]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

I didn't pray to Jesus at all before I became a christian, although I did say "Now I lay me down to sleep."
But, you can't know God without Jesus (His only begotten son.)

so, I wasted my time.

God let all the Junk that happened to me happen, because I WOULD NOT ask him for help, or forgiveness.
I brought a lot of it on myself.(drugs, relationships)

Babies can die for different reasons, one of mine died through an abortion,
Another died through a miscarriage, and I knew I wasn't going to be a fit parent for it, partying.
but as horrible as that was Jesus forgave me and fixed my life through his love and grace.
I now have three boys and a husband who are more than I deserve, and a good life.

Thank you Jesus!

new topics

top topics

join