It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Secrect Soceity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wonder if any of you can shed any light on this for me? If what she says is true then this is a very strange yet interesting place. The link for the original post is here.

forum.911movement.org...

Posted: Aug 11 2007, 07:25 PM

Atom Heart Mother

Ever hear of Cybertown? Some weird stuff was going on there in 2000 and 2001. It's an online 3D chat site that was suspected as a meeting place foir givernment and german constituants of 'some organization'...spooky, creepy, but I could not stay away.
I am an artist and I love 3D stuff and places, you could 'walk around' your own chat page...It was a place based on the book "Snowcrash' by Neal Stephenson.

The weirdest thing these days is that they deleted blocks with certain names, one of which was Eridu, the trail goes into the tale of Molech in Iraq! unsure.gif**looks around, hears Twilight Zone theme**

I got banned from there in August 2001, but not before I had seen a lot. People that 'lived' in this 3D world Died In Real Life. Lots of them. It was so weird I kept record of these things. I went back in as other nicknames til they got them all banned.

Strange happenings: Lots of 'heart attacks', including the 'mayor' of the city (she survived it!), a 'sudden death in bed' of another 'mayor' who was an Air Force pilot, post 9-11, etc. illnesses and accidents claimed others.
An area of interest I still study is a girl nicknamed 'webebop' was said to have died at the pentagon, but her 'real' name, Kristy Howe, wasn't on that list. I finally matched her picture in Cybertown to Leslie Whittington (Flight 77). A very important woman at Georgetown.
She was 'webebop'. I had chatted with her in Cybertown about school, family, we talked about chatting online to make friends and hold meetings, about Cybertown and how cool it was, etc. that same year. We had a tie, Kansas. I was born in CA, but grew up in Kansas. So did she. For whatever reason(s), as of today I am still majorly banned from Cybertown, they hate me and fear me.

Scary scary place, government, military, and international ties, and the program they used became defunct somehow, the technology is older. They are currently working on real time 3D representations of self so you can talk live in 3D with real life motion etc. I still go there sometimes to look around and see who's there, same people, heavy security. But they allow anonymous visitors, it's weird.

Just some background on my reasons for being here really. I love a good mystery. My dad was a gum-shoe detective in the 50's. In my blood, I can't stop now.

The link for this Cybertown is here.
www.cybertown.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mickeyw

I don't know if there is such a thing.

One thing that I do find interesting - in the case of conspiracy theories and those who write about them on the internet and all - is that not once anywhere do I ever see anyone mention anything about The Great And Powerful They who all know where you're posting from.

I've read a number of posts that all either blatantly or suggestively say that "if They knew I was posting this..." and go on to write whatever it is they're writing.

If The Great And Powerful They are as ... well ... 'great and powerful' as everyone seems to think they are, why can't they just track you down through your IP number?

I know that when I signed up here I got an email that told me where I'd posted from. So, obviously, The Great And Powerful They know where I am. Right?

I'm surprised that the collective group of conspiracy theorists - who are a paranoid group to begin with - aren't more concerned with this.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
An inherently good point, you can indeed track people with their IP address, Neo Trace allows you to do this and view their location via a world map.

As for cybertown, wasn't their servers taken off-line due to pedophiles using their service?

I seem to recall a thing about some 3D chat-world online falling under heavy scrutiny from the government when they found some people involved in the 3D world where offing online cyber-sex with 16 year old 3D sprite's in exchange for virtual cash.

Cant remember if that was cyber-town or not, only noticed it on the news and didnt really pay much attention, but that could be your reason.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother_Amos

That was 'Second Life' you are thinking of Brother Amos.
See link.

www.efluxmedia.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
All of the internet secret societies are crap.

ATS is the best out there and only!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ah that was it second-life.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
if its an internet secret society then how do you know about it?

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

I'm sure newworldorder could answer that.

I'm willing to bet the darned Masons are behind it, too!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by corsig

I'm sure newworldorder could answer that.

I'm willing to bet the darned Masons are behind it, too!

The Freemasons are behind everything.

What I don't understand is why more anti-masons haven't figured out yet that Marie Callenders and Cocos restaurants are two of the biggest contributors to Masonry through their bakery and pie divisions than any other single institution in the United States.

Your pal,
Meat.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My apologies for the super-necro, but I was going through some old IRC logs (circa '99) and was Googling old friends I used to talk to there to see if anyone was still around in some form. I came across webebop and thought to myself, "Hm, I wonder what ever happened to her." I guess now I know.

She always was an interesting cat.

top topics

join