It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASAs not lying about UFOS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Listen mate, if you're going to be a grammar nazi, you'd better learn to construct a sentence. It should be "Learn to use punctuation marks please, thank you".

Now having said that you have broken two of the T&C with your post, and chances are English isn't the OP's first language. I will politely suggest you think before you post.

Listen mate if your going to lecture somebody about breaking of T&C maybe You should apply for a moderator position , if thats not your thing then maybe You could leave it to them to moderate the discussion .

And maybe he was just trying to advise in a polite manner (as would I if nobody posted before me) because even if something written by the OP would have been of interrest , alot of people will simply ignore it as its pretty hard (tireing?) to read in one shot.

or would you prefer to read every topic in this manner so that after a few pages of any thread people would just give up and stop reading as it would tire them more to read the actuall post then to try and make sense of anything that has been written by the op in the end making most of the forum useless because topics would have to be kept short and in turn contain much less information so that the forum members could actually understand anything that has been written ah btw i think every language has at least some punctuation rules and I think the OP is doing a great job with english so punctuation shouldnt be a big problem to him even if hes language isnt english so I dont know about you but I would prefer to advise people on at least trying to use punctuation as this will help them in the future especially when they are learning a new language but I dont know I just might be wierd

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Thill]

[edit on 9-1-2008 by Thill]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Well who's getting rattled? I don't see you suggesting Breadfan apply for a mods position over his post, correcting people on language. I simply find it irritating that people insist on correcting others on the internet. It's petty and childish. It's also none of your business, as I'm pretty sure I didn't address you in any way shape or form. What I did was point out the irony of his post, as he is pulling someone else up on a post then breaking the T&C with HIS post, as well as including a nonsensical sentence!

Blimey!

OK, enough off topic rubbish, apologies to OP, please continue

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Arent we here to talk about the IFO UFO conspiracy therory not grammar correction I mean if I wanted to do that I would go to a language class I use long sentences ok lets keep on disscussion though stay on topic.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

This threads went crazy! I was only at work for 8 hours hehe

About my first post on this thread...

If you are going to post a thread like that then you have to post some material as well, otherwise there is nothing much to discuss is there? It's all find and dandy if you just commenting on something, but to actually start a thread like that doesn't give much to go on.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Im not saying anything here like " Im an alien or anything of this nature of reptillians and bush with a grey" Im suggesting that NASA can identify UFOS so they are not UFOS to NASA they are now IFOS and if it gets to a disclosure they'll say we would have talked if you used the right terms for this craft like an austronaut term just my thoughts I know Buzz Aldrin said he saw somthing and I think NASA identified at that point hmm thats all for now its not worth a breath anymore for this thread.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i can't accept possibility that aliens exist. it would make me too scared and vulnerable. i hope if they are present here they don't show their faces until i’m old and die then all of you can fun with them as much as you like. i like my earth and life as it is right now

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I can't say that I've read all the posts here, but looking at the youtube video, I'd have to say that you're looking at an external tank from the space shuttle before it reenters and burns up. It looks like it's just tumbling in a low orbit. I would be interested to know how long after a shuttle lauch this video was taken, I would bet it's pretty soon after. I am however surprised that NASA didn't just say that that is what it is right off the bat. But maybe they like having people worry about things like this that they don't. If it is just an external tank, then they can show it as people grasping at anything as a UFO. So I guess it probably is an IFO, they know what that is and they would rather you look at this instead of real UFOs, aliens or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hello123456

I would love to know what this thread is about, but the OP is barely english. Please use punctuation. Please ?
Thank you.

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Everyone, post on topic. Don't worry about punctuation or mini modding.

Thank You.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Found a video of Buzz talking about this encounter...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Theres a very interesting quote, under oath I believe by a senior political person, dont remeber who,

"Governments and Militaries lie part of the time, but NASA is the only organisation I know that lies as a matter of routine."

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by silver6ix

I may very well be far off base here, but didn't NASA at one time have a mission statement that said something addressing non terrestrial hazards or threats? I seem to recall something like that, but perhaps I am incorrectly paraphrasing.

If true, what does it imply?

I also remember an astronaut relating a story about UFO and his superior asking him if he wanted to go to space or chase aliens. He said he thought he was being told to drop the story, but I wonder if he actually had an option there at that moment.

Just a thought on an old thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

NASA have been a lie from the start. They constantly claim to be civilian and yet as part of the NASA charter they have executive rulings, certain things that are at the discretion of the president, the NSA and the CIA.

They are not civilian, if they were they wouldnt have any such regulations of rules on them.

NASA have always been bound by a security charter.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
I may very well be far off base here, but didn't NASA at one time have a mission statement that said something addressing non terrestrial hazards or threats? I seem to recall something like that, but perhaps I am incorrectly paraphrasing.

If true, what does it imply?

In my humble opinion, you are NOT off base here, and yes, it is TRUE:
it's just a matter of interpreting what one means for "extraterrestrial hazard". In 1967, the United States and Soviet Union signed a treaty. Article 9 of the Outer Space Treaty states that planetary explorations shall avoid, "Harmful contamination" of the Earth and other planets.

As almost every single article, this one (9) can be interpreted at your choice. There are at least some dozens of thousands things that i might consider "hazardous", depending on the point of view:

An experiment on space shuttle mission STS-115 has shown that a strain of Salmonella bacteria became more infectious after spaceflight. There are still huge question marks on how organisms are affected when exposed to the environment of space. There's a very interesting article on Space Bio:

Fearing the Andromeda Strain
Based on a Arizona State University news release

Microbes Gain Strength in Space

The salmonella experiment was flown aboard NASA's space shuttle mission STS-115.

Space flight has been shown to have a profound impact on human physiology as the body adapts to zero-gravity environments. Now, a new study led by researchers from ASU’s Biodesign Institute has shown that the tiniest passengers flown in space – microbes – can be equally affected by space flight, making them more infectious pathogens.

“Space flight alters cellular and physiological responses in astronauts, including the immune response,” says Cheryl Nickerson, who led a project aboard NASA’s space shuttle mission STS-115 (September 2006) involving an international collaboration between NASA, ASU and 12 other research institutions. “However, relatively little was known about microbial changes to infectious disease risk in response to space flight.”

Nickerson and lead author James Wilson, professors in ASU’s School of Life Sciences, have performed the first study of its kind to investigate the effect of space flight on the genetic responses and disease-causing potential, or virulence, of Salmonella typhimurium, the main bacterial culprit of food poisoning. Their results, published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, reveal a key role for a master regulator, called Hfq, in triggering the genetic changes that show an increase in the virulence of salmonella as a result of space flight.

The results of these studies hold potential to greatly advance infectious disease research in space and on Earth, and could lead to the development of new therapeutics to treat and prevent infectious disease.

To study the effects of space flight, Nickerson and colleagues sent specially contained tubes of salmonella in an experimental payload aboard the space shuttle Atlantis. The tubes of bacteria were placed in triple containment for safety, and posed no threat to the health and safety of the crew.

Full article and source: Astrobio.net

This is an image of Salmonella typhimurium. A strain of this bacteria was used to test the affects of spaceflight on microbes.
Credit: University of Florida

Compared to bacteria that remained on Earth, the space-traveling salmonella had changed expression of 167 genes. After the flight, animal virulence studies showed that bacteria that were flown in space were almost three times as likely to cause disease when compared with control bacteria grown on the ground.

Another interesting article is

Alien Infection

By: Leslie Mullen

When diseases cross the species barrier and infect humans, they dominate news headlines. Just imagine, then, the reaction if potentially infectious pathogens were found in rock samples from Mars.
Credit: NASA

As we look toward exploring other worlds, and perhaps even bringing samples back to Earth for testing, astrobiologists have to wonder: could alien pathogens cross the "planet" barrier and wreak havoc on our world?

Even though there is no proof of bacterial or viral pathogens anywhere except Earth, there is already a worried advocacy group called the International Committee Against Martian Sample Return, and science fiction novels like "The Andromeda Strain" depict nightmare alien infection scenarios. The possibility of cross-planetary contamination has concerned NASA since the early days of the Apollo program, so, as a precaution, the astronauts were quarantined for three weeks after they left the moon.

Full article and source: Astrobio.net

ALH84001

The International Committee Against Martian Sample Return, and science website is worthy to be visited:
www.icamsr.org...

Stardust Sample Return to Earth
Animation movie demonstrating how samples from the Stardust mission will be returned to the Earth: visit.

extraterrestrial hazard does NOT mean automatically "intelligent aliens treating earth with their Oct. 14 huge spacecrafts": the hazard does exist and since its source is unknown, then are unknown also its possible consequences. Eh, at least the laws written in english are clear: you should read some italian one
lol

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thanks for an excellent post. Excellent... and scary:

Originally posted by internos
Compared to bacteria that remained on Earth, the space-traveling salmonella had changed expression of 167 genes. After the flight, animal virulence studies showed that bacteria that were flown in space were almost three times as likely to cause disease when compared with control bacteria grown on the ground.

THREE times as likely to cause disease! Let us all just hope that this knowledge isn't taken advantage of by the wrong persons.
Like in bio warfare...

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hello123456
we arent looking for the UFOS we are looking for the IFOS which are Alien

I actually read a U.S. military guy's post about this and he said the exact same thing. Basically he said as a military person if you report a sighting - using specific language such as 'ET craft' - to a superior, there is an associated protocol they use to deal with it, whereas if you ask them about UFO's the protocol is to refer you to Mufon; UFO's are a non-military matter. I don't remember if he was Navy or Air Force.

I am sure it was here on ATS but I can't seem to find the thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join