It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Admits Obama Bias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   

NBC Admits Obama Bias

www.mediabistro.com

Journo Love for Obama

NBC's Brian Williams took to MSNBC today at noon and had this to say:

WILLIAMS: I interviewed Lee Cowan, our reporter who covers Obama, while we were out yesterday and posted the interview on the web. Lee says it's hard to stay objective covering this guy. Courageous for Lee to say, to be honest. The e-mail flood started out we caught you guys, we never did trust you. That kind of thing. I think it is a very interesting dynamic. I saw middle-aged women just throw their arms around Barack Obama, kiss him hard on the cheek and say, you know, I'm with you, good luck. And i think he feels it, too.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Surprise! The media is bias, at least they admit it, now if only fox news would!

www.mediabistro.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
LOL

Media Bias..No way!!
At least NBC is admitting something that we all know.
Should Lee Cowan be allowed to cover the election from this point on?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Um, it doesn't say NBC, it says the guy covering Obama is starting to like him for president over the others. Get your facts straight.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Why is NBC selling it's journalistic soul by having a hack like Keith Olbermann working for them in the first place? He always has been and always will be in SECOND PLACE in the ratings!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HHH Is King
Um, it doesn't say NBC, it says the guy covering Obama is starting to like him for president over the others. Get your facts straight.

Um, the guy covering Obama is representing NBC. If he admits that he is having problems staying unbiased then NBC should pull him off of the assignment. That has not been done, that means that anything that he writes is to be considered biased. NBC is admitting to being biased by allowing him to continue to report his biased opinions as NEWS. Unless of course he is reporting for an opinion piece. Then all is well.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh come on. OK, Im gonna turn that one around now...

Hannity has admitted a bias agianst Obama and for McCain, does that mean Fox officially now leans to McCain???

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Most Voters Say News Media Wants Obama to Win (PEW Research Center)

Voters overwhelmingly believe that the media wants Barack Obama to win the presidential election. By a margin of 70%-9%, Americans say most journalists want to see Obama, not John McCain, win on Nov. 4.

More than six-in-ten Democratic and independent voters (62% each) say the same

It's mind boggling people will still try to argue the media isn't bias. Even a majority of Democrats and Independents can't overlook it anymore.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Offically or not, yes - I do think Fox leans right and slants its coverage that way.

Offically or not, yes - I do think MSNBC, NBC, CBS, etc lean left and slant their coverage that way.

If you are looking for news / coverage that doesn't lean either left or right - then the options can be pretty slim at times

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Why is NBC selling it's journalistic soul by having a hack like Keith Olbermann working for them in the first place? He always has been and always will be in SECOND PLACE in the ratings!!!!!

Mods.....I thought you banned Hannity and O'Reilley?!?!!?!?

There is no bias here.....Like another poster said, the guy is starting to like Obama over the other candidate.

Furthermore.....

As far as the "the lib-ruhll medis IS BIAS" crowd....

The Lib-ruhll media can be BIASED.
The Lib-ruhll media can have A BIAS.

But no. Grammatically speaking.....

The lib-ruhll media cannot be BIAS.

Got it?? (You guys are driving me nuts)

[edit on 31-10-2008 by Grafilthy]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

not really, Hannity is a commentator, gives comments, if he were a journalist then yes, same with PAPA BEAR, not a journalist.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The media decides our elections. Whoever they give the most air-time to will always win. After all, if you don't know a candidate exists, how can you vote for him?

Statistics have been posted before. Out of all republican candidates during the primaries, John McCain received the most air-time. He won the nomination. Out of all the democratic candidates during the primaries, Obama received the most air-time by a long shot. He won the nomination. Coincidence? I think not.

Where do the vast majority of voters get their information on who to vote for? The media. Who does the media promote? A chosen few that they choose. Thousands of people in this country ran campaigns for the Presidential elections. But less than 10 from the republican party and less than 10 from the democratic party ever received air-time during the primaries. Those other thousands of people that ran for president never had a chance, simply because no one could ever know about them and vote for them, thanks to the media. Cept their family and friends of course - but that doesn't really get you enough votes to win national elections.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RX83GP02

not really, Hannity is a commentator, gives comments, if he were a journalist then yes, same with PAPA BEAR, not a journalist.

i could of sworn an on air personality would be in the field of journalism. they are giving the population as much, if not more( tv world we live in), information than this one reporter.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by RX83GP02

i could of sworn an on air personality would be in the field of journalism. they are giving the population as much, if not more( tv world we live in), information than this one reporter.

Hannity doesnt report the news. He talks about the news after it has been reported, gives his opinion and has a discussion on that bit of news. He may have been a journalist at one time, I don't really know, but now he is a commentator. His job is to comment on news that other people have reported. Like this guy who has admitted to being biased.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Most Americans allow their favorite media to influence their political choices to the extent that very bad choices have resulted.

Read Would the Last Honest Reporter Please Turn On the Lights?! This card carrying liberal reporter finally gets it and points a finger at the rest of the liberal media in general for false, biased reporting.

The result has been, frankly, disasterous! The recent financial collapse in the US and worldwide, the housing debocle, bank failures, financial bailouts, and on and on! All because the liberal media has a liberal agenda that they want to sponsor at any cost. That cost is 2.8 TRILLION to date and going up. Check your 401K, it is probably down about 35% so far and falling. Do you still like your liberal media??

The truely sad result of the media bias is that the politicians that caused the subprime and housing problem are the ones the media wants us to reellect. Barney Frank is the poster boy for our economic problems but Obama, Dodds, Pelosi and Reid are right up there as culprits!

Lets put the fox back in the chicken house? No thanks, liberal media!

new topics

top topics

join