It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about watermarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Dear Jeff, i have a question for you. Many people steals close-ups, resize, and other works on images here on ATS. Since many of them are not referring to ATS at least as source, it seems that sadly is becoming necessary to watermark the images, at least in order to discourage these people from stealing contents from ATS.

Now, your advice would be precius and appreciated:

as you know, one ot he most important thing is to preserve the quality of the image as much as possible: my question is: is the watermark i applied in image # 2 preserving enough the general quality of the image? It would not make sense to put the watermark in a angle, because it could easily be removed by cropping the area. What's your take on this Jeff? Any hint? Thank you in advance for taking the time to answer.
Internos ...

[edit on 9/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Good question.

I'm not sure, whether putting the mark right on the UO is the answer, but perhaps slightly askew of the UO.

I'd try something like digimark, which would have to be put on by the mods or something.

If people want it, they'll steal it. I've had hundreds of art pieces (including my guitars, the pictures of them) get pinched and all I can do is use something that tells me when it's been taken. Then it's the sending of the C and D.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jritzmann

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer, Jeff: and yes, i agree: when someone wants to steal something from the web there's nothing to do: it's a good idea the one of putting the date at least on the most important and personal works.
Thank you again.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have several programs to embed watermarks. This way, When a perp rips my img I can download there rip copy when found and see if my hidden watermark exist within the file.

I so do not like slapping an overlay watermark on my images.

I use a steganography technique.

new topics

top topics

join