It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Type of Avatar, Personalized For ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Yeah bud the image you see in my profile is actually a background image...my avatar is 320 pixels tall.

Edit: I just hate to see you investing time in art that can't be used on ATS.

[edit on 1/11/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

thanx KL, now I"m gonna go cry my lil eyes out. I just blew 3 days of hard work. But what the hey. All in the spirit of fun, right? (you do know I'm a girl, right)?

P.S. I mentioned that coz you called me Bud twice now.

[edit on 11-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh I'm so sorry sizzle!

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I see that I have some work to do. Thus far, no one but me and DGTempe has used them. So I have plenty of time. But meanwhile, I will remove the slogan from my signature until I get caught up a bit. Thanx KL.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Oh! BTW KL, I had some nice Lizard avvies! LOL!

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Okay, here is the way I decided to go about it. In the event that someone wants an avatar while I am doing all of this editing, I have provided a link in my signature to the 'About Me' page at the free avatar website. There everyone will find instructions, should they find an avatar that has not been edited yet. Then they don't have to wait until doomsday for me to get to that particular avatar. Fair enough everybody?

Edit: Maybe I should elaborate. I am not suggesting that ppl should adjust their own avvies (unless they want to), my suggestion on the site, was that they send a page number and description of the Av in a U2U to me here, and I will fix it for them promptly.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

For goodness sake sizzle!

I told you ATS can become addictive!

But at least go to the toilet

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yep, you warned me, gps. But I just got so adddicted. Well you know how it is. Coz you told me. LOL! How ya doin?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Yeah fine thanks other than getting square eye`s from sitting here for more hours than I thought (except for when I got up and went to the toilet!!
,I`m about to head off soon.Catcha later sizzle.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hi everyone!
I will be closing the free avatar page. For several reasons. One of course is the size specifications. The other is due to a situation that arose last night that was very traumatic to me.
Some of you saw the avatar that I used briefly of the girl bent over the ATM machine, with the wet spot on the back of her shorts. The caption read, "I can't wait to get on ATS." The avatar was meant to be humorous.
However I received notice by U2U that I was under posting ban, that my signature link to the free website had been removed, my avatar had been removed, that my membership status was under review and that I had been rude to another member.
I was referred to the ATS T&C's. I went there and read. What I read about the avatars was that they are to contain no nudity, no mutilations, nothing offensive, or sexually explicit.
'Nothing Offensive' is a very gray area. What might not be offensive to one person, might be offensive to another. So I profusely apologized to the super mod for this over sight.
As I looked at my avatars again, many could be offensive to someone. It is impossible for me to project. So I do not want the responsibility.
I humbly apologize to anyone that the avatar might have offended. It was never meant to do that. It originated from a famous camera ad. I'm sure many of you have seen it. It goes something like this, "Price of the meal, $XX.XX, Price of the car, $xx.xx, price of the ATM $xx.xx, price of this snapshot....PRICELESS! So as you can see I never thought that it would be something frowned upon on a family-oriented website.
I still haven't understood what the rude remark was that I made to a fellow member. I would gladly apologize. I try to make it my aim in life, not to be rude to ppl.
So, in wrapping this up, I would like to ask the Mods to close this thread. And I thank all of you for your time and support here. Sizzle.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

I hope everything works out alright for you sizzle,I know you meant no offense.I could see it being seen as inappropriate however and by some or many, where that blurry line of whats allowed and whats not lies.

Though just to reiterate I know you to be very polite to others and hope this is seen as a learning experience to you from the Mods.

All the best either way sizzle.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Thank you my friend. And I do not take the slap on the wrist, in the wrong context. I see it as part of a growing experience here. That is one of the reasons that I am closing the website. I do not trust my judgement in those gray areas. Thanx again, GPS.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join