It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New Type of Avatar, Personalized For ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Hi everyone! I have created some free avatars for those who wish to have one. As I really didn't know how to set up viewing here, I created a free web page explicitly for ATS avatars. The pics in them are not my creation, but I personalized them in MS-Paint. I don't have a lot posted right now, but it will be a continuing process. If you like them, use them. If not, no harm done. It's all for fun in the spirit of ATS. Hope that you like them. link:

www.freewebs.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Quite an assortment of ATS avatars. Pretty good work there.

I love the little sayings that you have added.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Thank you, benevelant Tyrant. Hope I spelled that right. I just completed some more, that I am about to start downloading on to the webpage. should take about 5 minutes.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
lol, that's cool. but my jedicat can kick your cats butt man!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

oooH! tHAT'S COOL TOO! wANNA DUKE IT OUT? lol! Yikes, Had my caps on.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Some funny ones there sizzle

Originally posted by sizzle
Thank you, benevelant Tyrant. Hope I spelled that right.

Close enough "benevolent"

Just Take my word for it sizzle dont call him benevolent heritic!!!
He`ll go off on a rant

[edit on 9-1-2008 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
well thanx, gps, was just over adding some more. this is fun. just hope it's something someone can use. good to hear from you.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
lol well done, I really enjoyed looking through them,

What you should do is add a link to your ATS avatars in your Sig, Im sure New members would love to try them out and others!

Again great work, you must have put quite a bit of time in to making them,

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A very warm thanx to you Asala and DGTempe. Good choice, DG. I just did add some more. I get a kick out of making them. Thanx for the sugg Asala. I will do that.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There is a member on ATS who deserves to share some of the credit with me. Since my arrival here, she has taken me under her wing and shown me the ropes and made great suggestions to me. That member is InterestedAlways.
She saw some of my personalized avatars and made the suggestion that I should open a thread and share them with other members. She is my mentor and in my opinion, has done a great job steering me in the right direction.
Gps777 has also been of very valuable help. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for being kind and helpful to me. The Moderators, also have been excellent. Thank you all. Sizzle.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Attention everyone! I have now opened a page 2. There will be some generic avatars on this page and pages followig. This way you can add your own expressions. But all will have ATS imprinted on them, because they are for the sole purpose of the ATS website usage. I ask all of you to honor that.
You can go to MS-Paint as I have done and add your own salutations, as I have done. Thanx.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
nOT TRYING TO BEEF UP MY OWN THREAD HERE OR ANYTHING, BUT i WOULD APPRECIATE SOME FEEDBACK ON SOME OPINIONS ON THESE AVATARS. Oops, Caps on again. I would truly like any suggestions that you might have as to whether you like the ones already posted or what you would like to see posted. Also let me know if you decide to use any of them. This will let me know if I should continue the work or not. Thank you for your interest thus far.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Good stuff bud, keep it up!

Remember for ATS the max size should be no larger than 320 pixels tall x 160 pixels wide and 75k (some can be up to 400 px tall if under 50k).

Have fun and keep on creating!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow, Sizzle!

You have really done some fun avatars. There is a nice variety.

It is impressive to see someone able to jump in there and get things done so quickly. Thanks to you I know have a free website to build!

Appreciate the complement but you have done all that work!!!

It's great to have you aboard here on the site, you are a great asset!

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thank you for the kind compliments, Kinglizard and InterestedAlways.
Kinglizard, as you already know, you have been a great inspiration to me in another area. Your NDE. I have standardized all avatars to 168 X 170 in MS-Paint. Thanks for all the kind words and suggestions.

Edit:
All the avatars are uniform to the one I am using, but the others are longer.

[edit on 9-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's come to my attention that there are questions that would be helpful to answer. By personalized avatars, I specifically mean that they are personalized for ATS. And a few of them have slogans. And yes, I would be willing to add a slogan of a person's choosing for them at no charge.
There is a potpourri of avatars that should satisfy nearly everyone's tastes. There are to name a few: aliens, fairies, demons, angels, vampires, etc. There are some to cater to the female and male genre, and some for the Christian as
well as non-Christian.
I have now completed four pages. You are not stuck with one avatar only. You may go back as often as you wish and change out your avatar. Hope this answered most of your questions. Please feel free to ask and offer any suggestions you might have to improve on these avatars.

Edit: Also, was advised that there are instructions for downloading your avatars in the ATS Handbook, if you are new here and do not already know this. If you still have problems, one of the mods should be able to help you, or you can do like I did and call on some of the really great members here for help.

Edit Again: Did I leave out Werewolves, skeletons and skulls?

[edit on 10-1-2008 by sizzle]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Just to update everyone a bit. There is now eight pages of avatars on the website. There are well over 300 avatars to choose from. I have now included some really cute animal avatars.
I will be adding one more page and then I will be ceasing work on this project unless I see an increase in demand for it. But there should be plenty for a long time. A little later, I will do a page, especially devoted to holiday avatars.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
sizzle,

Most all of your avatars including the one you are using right now are too big to be used on ATS. The max size should be no larger than 320 pixels tall by 160 pixels wide.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Could I ask you a question? From a bird's eye perspective. My avatar doesn't seem to be as long as yours. or are you specifically talking about just the top portions. Splain, plz.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join