It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy, Colour and our Senses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
woo hoo!

I am very pleased to have read this today:

Brain Evolution:Expanding Our Minds by Bret Peterson

Human Brain Evolution Was a 'Special Event'

One of the study's major surprises is the relatively large number of genes that have contributed to human brain evolution. “For a long time, people have debated about the genetic underpinning of human brain evolution,” said Lahn. “Is it a few mutations in a few genes, a lot of mutations in a few genes, or a lot of mutations in a lot of genes? The answer appears to be a lot of mutations in a lot of genes. We've done a rough calculation that the evolution of the human brain probably involves hundreds if not thousands of mutations in perhaps hundreds or thousands of genes—and even that is a conservative estimate.”

It is nothing short of spectacular that so many mutations in so many genes were acquired during the mere 20-25 million years of time in the evolutionary lineage leading to humans, according to Lahn. This means that selection has worked “extra-hard” during human evolution to create the powerful brain that exists in humans.

I think brain evolution is very exciting and I wonder just what is next?

It may sound absurd but what if adjusting the photon ratio response is the next step?

I had suggested earlier that perhaps all we needed was a trigger to untap hidden or forgotten knowledge...now I wonder if it is evolution of the brain and only a matter of time...?

[edit on 19-1-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

www.geocities.com...
The Ankh can also be interpreted as an early form of the emblem of Venus.
Venus Transit: 6th June 2004
Venus Transit: 6th June 2012

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
ok perhaps this is unrelated to this but I just received an email with this little exercise. And it made me wonder how is it our eyes see an illusion just be focusing on a different spot on the pic:

surely, this shows how easy it is to trick the human eye?

My point is that again, maybe some people can adjust the photon ratio response to see things that others can't AND perhaps this adjustment can be developed...if we consider the development and evolution of the Brain?

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

That's one good post, Thurisaz. I love your comments.

If you are interested in colour (and it's far more interesting a subject than many people seem to believe), you would probably enjoy John Gage's books on the subject, if you haven't read them already.
(I love how his name sounds almost identical to John Cage's. I wonder what colour would he ascribe to Cage's 4′33″?
)

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

oh thanks Vanitas... I post things that interest me and at times I feel like I am on another wavelength LOL

and thanks for recommending some further reading... I will definitely check it out.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Well, I just had an argument with a person who believes that if they can't see it then it does not exist!

IS this how people really think?

Number one: FACT Dogs and Cats see things we don't. They also hear sounds that we can't.

That is proof enough for me.

We really are limited with our sight and hearing... even if we score perfect 20/20 eye test.

I saw a Ghost, I felt a Ghost. As I saw it, my cats saw it and reacted the same time I did. So, my cats are hallucinating? pffft! No I don't believe so and nor am I.

I am a little worried about people labelling others crazy because they can't see what another can.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join